WtF and Ecology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WtF and Ecology

Lately I listened more 'green' podcasts and remembering the times of Werewolf The Apocalypse 'we must save Mother Nature' stance. Why I do not like to make Forsaken whole ecoterrorism vibe only, I wonder is there a way for marking protecting Earth a bit more prominent in chronicles and in Tribes of Moon general population. Here are my opening ideas, I look for yours.

1. Shadow is Gaea - I remember reading in 1E Book of Spirits theory that Shadow Realm, as whole, is spiritual reflection of physical world ( i.e. Earth ) - so Hisil is Gaea, as Luna is Moon and Helios is Sun. That means that any polution of Flesh Side would spring on Spirit Side as 'sickness' of Hisil. That can lead to Wounds being literal wounds on Gaea, so that leads... That Bale Hounds ( by spreading Wounds ) are corrupters and tainters of Nature! / Very Black Spiral Dancers, I must say... /

2. Need some ecological Lodge, maybe?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

The Predator Kings are about the ancient cycle of life and death that would be upset by rampant industrialism and civilization. So you could always play them.

Comment

Have you watched Mushishi ? I feel its just what you are looking for. It shows beings that are not necessarily only predatory, just alien, different evolution wise. Humans get into pretty bizarre situations from not understanding them. So you could start with them as a foundation, then create cryptids and other spirits from those ideas. Weird edge cases that exist in the world, or born from some of Luna's most brilliant/outlandish ideas. As always, the Uratha need to preserve the balance, but how to do so is not immediately obvious.
      Last edited by KaiserAfini; 06-07-2019, 04:34 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

I would suggest running a game that isn't about badass warriors going on crusades into hell and instead focuses on actually giving a shit about your territory, including the spirits and humans inside it. And also reading some Wikipedia pages about ecology rather than presuming a legitimate scientific field is some kind of fever dream excuse to have more fights.

Or, y'know, come up with a bunch of nature spirits who are in trouble and fight the evilbad anti-nature balehounds or something oppressing them. Watch an episode of Captain Planet and assemble a pack from Gift of the Elements and you're done.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
        An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
        Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
          I would suggest running a game that isn't about badass warriors going on crusades into hell and instead focuses on actually giving a shit about your territory, including the spirits and humans inside it. And also reading some Wikipedia pages about ecology rather than presuming a legitimate scientific field is some kind of fever dream excuse to have more fights.

Or, y'know, come up with a bunch of nature spirits who are in trouble and fight the evilbad anti-nature balehounds or something oppressing them. Watch an episode of Captain Planet and assemble a pack from Gift of the Elements and you're done.
          When are we getting the Gift of Heart, tho?

Comment

I was a big Fan of Gaea being the Shadow and that Primordial layer of the Astral as her dream.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Clean environs is just good werewolfing. Pollutants having their own spirits aside, they also cause disease, famine, death, and general misery, which bring Flesh and Spirit disasters. Consider Detroit: burning rivers used to be a seasonal occurrence, they've had outbreaks of Legionnaire's Disease, and quite a bit of corruption and malfeasance with water infrastructure. Pollution is destabilizing, and an unstable territory is bad for every pack.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Predator Kings and Hunter in Darkness are the two tribes that come up in my mind if I think about eco-terrorism and ecology.

-'' We are the unsullied.
                We are the inheritors.
                We are the Pure ''-

I'm the guy who draws werewolves.

Comment

Working...
                X