Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can werewolves be targeted for Spirit Claiming or Possession?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can werewolves be targeted for Spirit Claiming or Possession?

I noticed that Spirits can claim or Possess beings that can resist with 2 attributes + Primal Urge. Does that mean that a daring Spirit can attempt to control a Werewolf or other Supernatural template? I know that the Strix can possess Kindred so it makes sense that werewolves might get targeted as well.

Yes, all supernatural templates are open to possession or claiming, unless their template forbids it for some reason.

Comment

Yes. I don’t particularly like it for werewolves, but yes.

Comment

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
        I noticed that Spirits can claim or Possess beings that can resist with 2 attributes + Primal Urge. Does that mean that a daring Spirit can attempt to control a Werewolf or other Supernatural template? I know that the Strix can possess Kindred so it makes sense that werewolves might get targeted as well.
        Bearing in mind that pretty much every conceivable step in the process is contested, laying the groundwork is expensive, and werewolves are generally better-equipped to recognize when they're being subjected to spiritual influence, yes, werewolves are not specifically immune to possession or Claiming.

What makes idigam with the Forge Empty Wolf Essence-Shaping power particularly terrifying is that they can make an Empty Wolf all in one go at no special cost.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
          Bearing in mind that pretty much every conceivable step in the process is contested, laying the groundwork is expensive, and werewolves are generally better-equipped to recognize when they're being subjected to spiritual influence, yes, werewolves are not specifically immune to possession or Claiming.

What makes idigam with the Forge Empty Wolf Essence-Shaping power particularly terrifying is that they can make an Empty Wolf all in one go at no special cost.
          And also nothing says that the spirit they stuff into a werewolf can't be themselves. Idigam are scary, y'all.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Like the others have stated, yes - they could. But it would take a very sneaky spirit, and a very unprotected Uratha (like a just changed Ghost Wolf without a hint of a pack around them) not to notice the signs, and rip the offensive spirit a new one.
            Last edited by Malus; 07-19-2019, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X