Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Host/Ridden kill a Gauru without silver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh...I almost forgot. The final action that a Host can do, if all else fails, is discorporate when the werewolf lands the killing blow. Assuming that one shard remains than the Host can try try again another day.

Comment

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
      One of the characters in the new book, the city architect Azlu, has a similar 4 point method of defeating werewolves. It is something like

1/ Observe
      2/ Bind
      3/ Strike to Kill
      4/ Flee
      This reminded me that using the poison tilt and applying damage per turn may help creating dangers for werewolves. A strong poison dealing 4 or 5 lethal per turn may stack with attacks and end up dealing aggravated very easily.

Comment

( Did not read Shunned by the Moon, yet. ) Weird, I just assume that Hosts are most dangerous by the attacks of Shards controlled vermin hives. Gauru is great on killing this one last human-rat hybrid - but killing 2000-3000 normal rats attacking you is very risking, if not sure death. ( I use Swarm Environmental Tilt from Demon: The Descent, page 179 )

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by BinAly View Post

This reminded me that using the poison tilt and applying damage per turn may help creating dangers for werewolves. A strong poison dealing 4 or 5 lethal per turn may stack with attacks and end up dealing aggravated very easily.
          Just remember that Werewolves are innately resistant to poison, and reduce the Toxicity rating by their Primal Urge. So yeah, very useful trick, but to get a poison that strong is pushing the ends of the spectrum even against relatively low Primal Urge Werewolves, and basically impossible against a truly strong wolf.

Probably makes it impossible for Werewolves to get drunk too unless they're very, very determined

Comment

It's always possible you can have some silver in there. You might not want an unbreakable silver sword in the hand of an end-level Beshilu God-King, but if one ratman manages to get ahold of a silver knife and keep it close you can do some Aggravated without initiating a TPK.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              ( Did not read Shunned by the Moon, yet. ) Weird, I just assume that Hosts are most dangerous by the attacks of Shards controlled vermin hives. Gauru is great on killing this one last human-rat hybrid - but killing 2000-3000 normal rats attacking you is very risking, if not sure death. ( I use Swarm Environmental Tilt from Demon: The Descent, page 179 )
              I think this is a very good idea. I remember that there was a challenge scene in the book signs of the Moon where the Pack must fight an equally sized pack of Beshulu that have the Beastmaster trait. The scenario involved fighting the Rat Hosts and a swarm of rats in a sewer. This was rated 5 starts for physical which implied extreme danger. The logic, I guess, is that damage will be done to the characters every round, but that Kuruth will not save them because the Garou form will not affect the swarm at all. The werewolf can keep thrashing at the swarm to no effect until the timer ends and then it is just a matter of time before the wolf perishes. Beastmaster is a fairly common ability among the claimed and the hosts (and vampires have Animalism too), which can use swarms to deadly effect.

Comment

Originally posted by K9ine View Post

Is Manitou Springs an official thing? Can you summarize it for me? I don't mind spoilers, just want to know if its something I'd be interest in.
                yep. it's the official quickstart for Forsaken 1E

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
                  Gauru form heals all bashing and lethal damage, but not aggravated. So that's one opening. Werewolves also have little recourse to Tilts; bind one up right and they'll just thrash about impotently, in general.
                  Minor misconception: you'd need to tilt every Uratha sense for they to stick in a meaningful fashion.

Originally posted by Senses, Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd edition, pg 94
                  A werewolf has all her senses in all of her forms. Even when walking in a human’s skin, she can tap into the senses of wolf and spirit[...] Wolf senses are considered the werewolf’s default senses in Urhan and Urshul form. Wolf senses offer a bonus to Perception-based rolls depending on her form. Further, if she would normally suffer penalties due to deprivation (blindness, strong scents, or deafness), her other senses compensate, negating those penalties entirely.

Comment

Working...
                  X