Shunned by the Moon is on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paradim View Post

I don't think hunting Forsaken breaks any Oaths... If that was the case, Blood Talons would be in a lot of trouble.
    Not even Sacred Hunts require the prey to die.

If killing Uratha is spiritually corrosive, imagine how corrosive it was to kill Urfarah. The Pure simply misguidedly butcher Forsaken in a feeble attempt to balance a long defunct karmic wheel. And it won't work for them.
    Last edited by Malus; 07-20-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Every Bale Hound is unique. Rules are rules in an out of character context, but in character things progress as the description and imagination requires.
      ahh ok I understand. thanks for the explanation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malus View Post

If killing Uratha is spiritually corrosive, imagine how corrosive it was to kill Urfarah. The Pure simply misguidedly butcher Forsaken in a feeble attempt to balance a long defunct karmic wheel. And it won't work for them.
        Building on this, I'm fond of that old bit of lore which says Urfarah's death site is a really nasty Wound because of the sheer amount of spiritual corrosion the act of killing Father Wolf caused. I think (not near my books) the place was Thurifuge's den, and Thurifuge was BIG in 1E terms (I used to call him "Chronicles of Darkness' Khorne", for those versed with Warhammer), but it's an aspect of the setting that carries out easily into 2E without having to involve it or other specific Maeljin.

While I'm at it, how cool and, most importantly, relevant and dangerous for Forsaken and Pure are the new Maeljin? Because earlier ones were not bad, but they sorta were "Seven Sins and then some, might cross a werewolf path because temptation and bad people". These? These are a scourge for every single werewolf.
        Last edited by Cinder; 07-20-2019, 11:57 AM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinder View Post
          Building on this, I'm fond of that old bit of lore which says Urfarah's death site is a really nasty Wound because of the sheer amount of spiritual corrosion the act of killing Father Wolf caused. I think (not near my books) the place was Thurifuge's den, and Thurifuge was BIG in 1E terms (I used to call him "Chronicles of Darkness' Khorne", for those versed with Warhammer), but it's an aspect of the setting that carries out easily into 2E without having to involve it or other specific Maeljin.

While I'm at it, how cool and, most importantly, relevant and dangerous for Forsaken and Pure are the new Maeljin? Because earlier ones were not bad, but they sorta were "Seven Sins and then some, might cross a werewolf path because temptation and bad people". These? These are a scourge for every single werewolf.
          1) It was said to be the First Wound.

2) The Khorne of CofD would be Asmodai who wants blood for blood's sake, Thurifuge is the Architect of Violence. The one who feeds from institutionalized violence, the one who feed from the engineering act that was the so called Final Solution, or the infrastructure put forward in the prosecution of wars.

The thing about the Maeljin is, they have dozens of names. Could easily slap Pseulak into Shad'ma; or Baalphegor into Lakh'ma, etc.

Comment

Not all Pure do. Even the 2E Core points out that there are some Pure who see murdering Forsaken as a wrong to be avoided. For example, take the perspective that every Forsaken is a Pure who has been led astray by Changing Hag that is Luna. At any point, these lost wolves can be turned to a better path if they can be shown why they should renounce those "gifts" granted by the Moon.

Sometimes, that requires beating some sense into their thick skulls. If you kill them, they can never convert. So hunt the Forsaken, show them why those "gifts" don't make them strong, take the territory they're too weak to hold in their dependence of a fickle goddess, but drive them out instead of killing them, so they will always have the opportunity to join the Pure as one People.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paradim View Post

Not all Pure do. Even the 2E Core points out that there are some Pure who see murdering Forsaken as a wrong to be avoided. For example, take the perspective that every Forsaken is a Pure who has been led astray by Changing Hag that is Luna. At any point, these lost wolves can be turned to a better path if they can be shown why they should renounce those "gifts" granted by the Moon.

Sometimes, that requires beating some sense into their thick skulls. If you kill them, they can never convert. So hunt the Forsaken, show them why those "gifts" don't make them strong, take the territory they're too weak to hold in their dependence of a fickle goddess, but drive them out instead of killing them, so they will always have the opportunity to join the Pure as one People.
              (Let's disregard how utterly fucked the Pure are if they won)

Comment

(Let's disregard how utterly fucked the Pure are if they won)

I don't. ^.^

The Pure have a lot of issues with their operations, and I like the idea that they trade away a fickle mistress for worse gods closer to home.

Comment

• I have to imagine there are some, even influential members of the Pure, who see that ripping down the Gauntlet is not the solution the more zealous think it is. Whether they're represented by the mysterious totems behind the Pure tribes, or the idea is reflected in the Firstborn totems of the Pure, remains to be seen. As it is you can run it any way you want.

Digging the new Maeljin, really glad the way they went with Ghar'ma and Shad'ma. It is going to take me some time to get used to these names. I like the idea of Igsh'ma too, they would be killer as an antagonist that's big on the smashing.

While we're relying on original creations for the Bale Hounds, maybe we'll get some symbols for them too, or for Viruhk-Ur.
                  Last edited by nofather; 07-20-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Observation - Is it consistent decision to mark every Werewolf the Forsaken 2E corebook reference as simply 'Werewolf the Forsaken, p. XX' - instead of marking it's all about WtF 2E corebook? It was partially confusing to me, when starting to mark third errata like this - and then found out whole book is full of them.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                      Observation - Is it consistent decision to mark every Werewolf the Forsaken 2E corebook reference as simply 'Werewolf the Forsaken, p. XX' - instead of marking it's all about WtF 2E corebook? It was partially confusing to me, when starting to mark third errata like this - and then found out whole book is full of them.
                      It should be "(see Werewolf: The Forsaken, p. XX)" rather than any alternative. There's not really a need to state the edition when the current edition has been out for several years, as I doubt anyone will read this and instinctively check their first edition rulebook.

Matthew Dawkins
                      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        Observation - Is it consistent decision to mark every Werewolf the Forsaken 2E corebook reference as simply 'Werewolf the Forsaken, p. XX' - instead of marking it's all about WtF 2E corebook? It was partially confusing to me, when starting to mark third errata like this - and then found out whole book is full of them.
                        I don’t understand what you’re asking here, sorry.

Edit: Having just read Matthew’s response, are you honestly claiming confusion whether a 2e book with 2e branding on the front and back covers is referencing 2e?
                        Last edited by Bunyip; 07-21-2019, 03:34 AM.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• I don't understand all this chaos for Harmony. Its pretty clear: the pure respect their prey. Thats the only change. Oh yes and the people do not murder the people. And It has actually a lot of sense. They are still werewolves and still descendants of urfarah. They still have honor as renown and so on. Thats make them even more complicate and deep antagonists. They are prone to kill forsaken but they know that they must deal with the truth about harmony. Its probably the right price to pay to restore a world without traitors and moonslaves, for them.
                          The fact that they are antagonists doesnt mean they haven't their own problems and struggles, individually. As every forsaken is not the same , also among the pure , is just immature ( and It can also lead to poor storytelling ) to think that all the ivory claws are nazi doctors and all the predator kings spend their time snapping forsaken necks and eating people alive.
                          If the pure are still there and they are a serious problem is because they know how to deal with harmony. Also remember that with their tribal bans their harmony is probably even more easy to chance during the game.
                          Also , with their kind of sacred prey, they probably have even a wider range of hunts. Nobody wrote "the sacred prey of the pure are only the forsaken". And that is really important.
                          The pure definitely know how to deal with harmony.
                          Last edited by Helur; 07-21-2019, 04:01 AM.

-'' We are the unsullied.
                          We are the inheritors.
                          We are the Pure ''-

I'm the guy who draws werewolves.

Comment

• Reading Void Spirits section on 50th Anniversary of Moon Landing - So there are three types of Void Spirits presented in Shunned?
                            • Void Spirits proper - spirits of vacuum of space or light of distant stars
                            • Planetary angels - counterparts to Lunes and Helions from Mars, Jupiter and other Solar System planets. Get from them very 'alien invasion' vibe.
                            • Void Leviathans - great, cosmic colossus that are incomprehensible to other
                            I'm not sure is first category is even a thing, text is a bit unclear there. ( Corrected - simple Void Spirits of vacuum of space are a thing, like example NPC shows)
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-22-2019, 02:34 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• After Void Spirits section I can wait for Dark Eras 2 'Golden Age of S-F' and possible 'War of Worlds' scenario with Martian Angels as invaders! ❤️
                              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-22-2019, 02:34 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• so am I the only one reminded of FORT when reading RD-13? they seem VERY similar (and possibly make deviants)

Comment

Working...
                                X