Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolf-Blooded and Totems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wolf-Blooded and Totems

    Greetings,

    There are two possible types of Wolf-Blooded:
    a) Supporting-cast Wolf-Blooded, which may only have one dot in the Totem Merit.
    b) Primary protagonists Wolf-Blooded, which may have up to five dots in the Totem Merit.
    Do both types of Wolf-Blooded need to buy the "Pack Bond" merit to acquire Totem dots? Only the Supporting cast? Only the Primary protagonist?

  • #2
    Pack Bond is required to have more than 1 dot in totem, for either "type" of wolfblooded.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Malus View Post
      Pack Bond is required to have more than 1 dot in totem, for either "type" of wolfblooded.
      Pack Bond 1 allows the wolf blooded to have 1 dot in totem. Do supporting wolf blooded need a dot too?

      Comment


      • #4
        No, but without it they don't get the Totems benefits.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Malus View Post
          No, but without it they don't get the Totems benefits.
          But totem benefits apply to everyone in the pack, even humans... It is explicitly stated as such.

          What they don't get is the benefit of the Totem merit (extra dice in social interaction with the totem).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post

            But totem benefits apply to everyone in the pack, even humans... It is explicitly stated as such.

            What they don't get is the benefit of the Totem merit (extra dice in social interaction with the totem).
            Pack Bond says so. Doesn't makes sense for Human packmates to get, say Directed Rage.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Malus View Post
              Pack Bond says so.
              "The total number of Totem points determines the benefit that the totem grants every member of the pack, whether or not they possess the Totem Merit themselves."

              "Every member of the pack — including Wolf-Blooded and human members — gains one dot of Strength and the one-dot version of the Merit."

              Originally posted by Malus View Post
              Doesn't makes sense for Human packmates to get, say Directed Rage.
              Either they don't get any benefit from Directed Rage as a Totem-bestowed Merit, or they gain another Merit instead:

              "If the character already has the Merit, or the maximum allowed level, choose another relevant trait of the same value."


              Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tessie View Post

                "The total number of Totem points determines the benefit that the totem grants every member of the pack, whether or not they possess the Totem Merit themselves."

                "Every member of the pack — including Wolf-Blooded and human members — gains one dot of Strength and the one-dot version of the Merit."

                "If the character already has the Merit, or the maximum allowed level, choose another relevant trait of the same value."

                Exactly! Malus are you sure that you got the support and main wolf-blooded right too??


                Tessie what is your interpretation on the opening question?

                Comment

                Working...
                X