Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok...so what IS the most dangerous prey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok...so what IS the most dangerous prey?

Every tribe says that they hunt the most dangerous prey, but which ones really mean it and which seem to be exaggerating. After all, only one can be right, right? With Shunned by the moon maybe we can shed some light on this debate

other werewolves: Are the blood talons correct? We have in Shunned by the Moon a Pure "King" plus a werewolf with primal urge 9 that can probably depopulate a protectorate. And let's look at those nasty Geryo which can be VERY powerful

Spirits? Some rank 5 spirits can roll a bucket of dice to wipe out a pack. Plus, I guess the Idigam technically fall in this category.

Hosts: I would say at first that maybe the Hunters in Darkness had a weak case, but when you consider a host shard need only connect with a human, start messing with the gauntlet, then discorporate if things got hot, then you see that the danger here is slow and insideous. Plus, these are the fragments of a godlike being so some master intelligence must be guiding them.

Humans?: 7 Billion...lots of silver...exterminate countless species a year...assault rifles and fighter jets...ALL the other supernatural spats fall in this category

Claimed?: I need help with this one. The Storm Lord's need some help to make this claim. The Spirit ridden seemed a bit weak in Shunned by the moon. A lune urging a girl, a spirit urging a guy to be really popular with the ladies. Sure the guy who can summon storms or the guy claimed by a Sun spirit are stronger, but not overwhelmingly so. Help me with this one.

Obviously there's no completely accurate out of world answer, since all can be as dangerous as the Storyteller whips them up to be and all can kill you, the individual, and everything you know and love. So in world the tribes are built off of this mindset due to experience and interest, whether it's because the new member of the Storm Lords saw their family be torn apart when they were Claimed by spirits because they couldn't let go of their anger, or because a future Hunter in Darkness watched and felt a giant rat monster literally eat her legs before her first change kicked in. It also pays to keep in mind that 'most dangerous' is pretty ambiguous and doesn't necessarily mean most likely to beat you in a fight.

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
    Claimed?: I need help with this one. The Storm Lord's need some help to make this claim. The Spirit ridden seemed a bit weak in Shunned by the moon. A lune urging a girl, a spirit urging a guy to be really popular with the ladies. Sure the guy who can summon storms or the guy claimed by a Sun spirit are stronger, but not overwhelmingly so. Help me with this one.
    Most of those depicted are Ridden, rather than fully Claimed, and are depicted seem more on the cusp of danger rather than being heavy hitters themselves. A perceptive werewolf can ideally notice the problem and do something about it before they turn into an inhuman monstrosity. They exist more as folks who bring chaos to a territory than stroll up to the strongest werewolf in the pack and challenge them to a wrestling match to the death. Just like the spirits, they can operate socially, with even wider range, able to call upon the assistance and orchestrate the actions of spirits and humans (and others). The plot hooks in Shunned call this out repeatedly.

But it shouldn't take much more than a look at the rules for Claiming to see how powerful they can be. There's also the fact that most of the other supernatural splats can fall into this category as well. Nearly anyone can be claimed.

I'd probably view hosts as most dangerous. For all their extermination of countless species humans haven't succeeded in getting rid of vermin, and it's basically accepted that living in any built up human area means you're going to be living with rats and spiders somewhere within reach. There's even a federally acceptable amount of rat shit and hair found in food stuffs, because they're considered something you cannot entirely stop from getting into these food items.
    Last edited by nofather; 07-30-2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

It's subjective. That's the whole point of the Tribes. They aren't people's like human tribes, they're philosophies.

Wanna know the real reason Iminir should not display weakness? Because if they do, the spirits catch on. And then they infest the flesh, and then we have Innsmouth happen in NYC.
      Last edited by Malus; 07-31-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Regarding Claimed powers. Air, Fire, and water elemental powers allow a claimed to literally change into another element. Can we assume that they are immune to claws and fangs ( as it goes through them). Fire elemental could mean that they are immune to physical damage but can still burn their enemies ( or is that too powerful?)

Comment

I don't think it's too powerful. Fire has a notorious weakness: water. And a variety of lesser-known but just as debilitating weaknesses, such as lack of air and smothering, or a simple fire extinguisher. The power is pretty open ended, and does say that they can turn their body to fire (in which case water would equal really nasty damage) or just ignite their flesh, in which case you aren't like 'a fire' as much as the former. While they're likely immune to standard weaponry if they are an actual fire or cloud of air, the Predator's Jaws would still likely allow a werewolf to inflict damage with their bite.

Comment

Working...
          X