Biting the Geryo for Essence and Aggravated damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biting the Geryo for Essence and Aggravated damage

I am a little fuzzy on Aggravated damage that Uratha can cause with a bite for Essence, does it only apply to other Uratha or does it also apply to other things like Geryo or Idigam which have essence as well? It says Wolf and man so is that also regular humans and therefore things like vampires and Mages?

I would say that it could work.. but as they are Natural Carriers for the Geryo Strain, you would be essentially infecting yourself with the Contagion.. so I definitely would absolutely advise against it under every possible circumstance imaginable.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
      I would say that it could work.. but as they are Natural Carriers for the Geryo Strain, you would be essentially infecting yourself with the Contagion.. so I definitely would absolutely advise against it under every possible circumstance imaginable.
      Good point! I never thought of that. I just figured that Aggravated damage might be the only way to even have a chance of defeating one since some of them seem extremely powerful with healing rates that would make lethal damage too ineffective to stop them.

Comment

I'd let Urfarah's Bane work on them.

Comment

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
          I am a little fuzzy on Aggravated damage that Uratha can cause with a bite for Essence, does it only apply to other Uratha or does it also apply to other things like Geryo or Idigam which have essence as well? It says Wolf and man so is that also regular humans and therefore things like vampires and Mages?
          Just having an Essence trait is not enough or werewolves would be able to devour spirits for Essence without the Siskur-Dah. No, they gain it from consuming the flesh of wolves and humans (and werewolves) just like a spirit of a consuming fire would gain Essence from consuming fire and hunger spirits. Draining Essence already stored as Essence requires other ways (such as the Siskur-Dah or by binding the Essence in a Fetish first).
          So it does not work on idigam or the First Geryo, might work on Distorted werewolves, and most likely not work on vampires as they're spiritually not human.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

As the last true half-Primordials, I’d allow Urfarah’s Bane to work on Geryo. (Most Uratha who take on a Geryo who isn’t already fixated on a different prey is probably going to find themselves subject to the Geryo’s sacred hunt and suffer the same bane in return.) I’d also allow Uratha to inflict Aggravated by consuming Geryo flesh, but would count such as directly contracting the Geryo strain and moving straight onto progress of the disease with a negative modifier equal to how much flesh she consumed (-1 per box of aggravated damage inflicted).

Uratha can consume flesh for aggravated from Distorted (they’re still werewolves), with the same risks if the Distorted has the infectious mutation.

This is a case where the natural tools available to the Uratha carry considerable risk and they need to seriously consider whether they want to go down that path. I’d also suggest having some NPC Uratha try is first and succumb to the agonzing warping disease before surprise springing it on your players, so they know it’s a risk.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Working...
            X