Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totem questions: Advantages, Aspiration, Influences, etc

Greetings,

As a Storyteller I like to put as much detail as possible in the world-building, including full stats for allies and antagonists, please consider that for the questions here:
    1. I want to make a Totem for a pack that is being influenced by the Maeljin, so far I have:

Zia
      Aspiration: Satisfy dark urges
      Totem Points: 21
      Attributes: Power 7, Finesse 7, Resistance 7
      Willpower: 10
      Essence: 20
      Initiative: 14
      Defense: 7
      Speed: 19
      Size: 5
      Corpus: 12
      Influences: Lust •••
      Manifestations: Twilight Form, Gauntlet Breach, Fetter, Possess
      Numina: Aggressive Meme, Drain, Emotional Aura, Host Jump, Implant Mission, Rapture
      Ban: If Zia hasn't been in the presence of someone indulging in lust for 8 hours, it becomes morose and lethargic losing it's defense.
      Bane: A human voluntarily celibate for a year.
      Totem Advantage: Presence +1, Stamina +1, Merit: Striking Looks 2

Are the aspiration and Influences sufficiently representative for a spirit that wants to transform the pack into a sex cult?
    2. What type (Umia and Ilthum) of spirit could offer the Mystery Cult Initiation and/or the Professional Training merits as Totem Advantages?

Thanks,
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 01-29-2020, 05:34 PM.

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
    Are the aspiration and Influences sufficiently representative for a spirit that wants to transform the pack into a sex cult?
    You're really spread out in terms of Influences, and Money and Violence don't really scream sex cult. Passion 3, Sex 1 should do the trick (or the other way around, or Sex 3, Vice 1).

What type (Umia and Ilthum) of spirit could offer the Mystery Cult Initiation and/or the Professional Training merits as Totem Advantages?
    If it's offering the Mystery Cult Initiation, it implies it is the head of or at least a powerful influence on a mystery cult. Or perhaps a spirit of cults.

Professional Training would imply it's a spirit of certain professions. Like Soldier for a spirit of war (and not just random combat, but aspects of war like the bureaucracy or organization), Doctor for a spirit of not just medicine or the Red, but a spirit tied to a specific hospital, thus with links to people who have been in that hospital or part of its administration).
    Last edited by nofather; 09-14-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

You're really spread out in terms of Influences, and Money and Violence don't really scream sex cult. Passion 3, Sex 1 should do the trick (or the other way around, or Sex 3, Vice 1).
      Yeah, I wanted something magath-like, but it makes more sense to have Influences: Passion 2, Sex 2, Vice 2

Comment

Each dot of an Influence is generally worth a lot more than having additional Influences. Unless there's a reason to not have any Influences above 2 I'd recommend a third dot in one of them. I would also combine Passion and Sex into a single Lust Influence. That should also give you enough dots to branch out if you want a magath-like Totem.

For the Bane I'd add a time requirement. A human who's been voluntarily celibate for a certain period of time.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Ok, yes, it would make sense something like Bane: A human voluntarily celibate for a year.

I am not certain in the influences, originally I was using: Money 1, Passion 2, Sex 1, Violence 1, Youth 1; inspired in the Resonances from Shunned by the Moon. And I wanted to use money to symbolize paid sex, violence for abusive sex and youth for more unsavory practices.

Would those ideas be covered more with Influences: Lust 3, Vice 3? Or a spread of Lust 3, Vice 1, Money 1, Violence 1?

Comment

Also, that ban doesn't represents any obstacle to the spirit, and this is a rank 3 being. Spirits naturally influence their spheres of, well, influence. If the spirit is meant to be magath, figure out a paradox for it's ban.
            Last edited by Malus; 09-15-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
              Also, that ban doesn't represents any obstacle to the spirit, and this is a rank 3 being. Spirits naturally influence their spheres of, well, influence. If the spirit is meant to be magath, figure out a paradox for it's ban.
              What would be an suitable Ban for this spirit? (either as a magath or as a regular spirit)

Comment

If it hasn't been in the presence of someone indulging their vice for 8 hours, it becomes morose and lethargic, thus losing it's defense.

That means it'll have a specific hunting ground at nights, where most of the population isn't out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                  If it hasn't been in the presence of someone indulging their vice for 8 hours, it becomes morose and lethargic, thus losing it's defense.

That means it'll have a specific hunting ground at nights, where most of the population isn't out and about.

Love this Ban, but a concerns that a player raised: would be better to lose defense alone, lose defense and halving speed, or halving both speed and defense? (In tune with the sluggish idea and trying to balance a Rank 3 ban)
                  Last edited by lbeaumanior; 09-18-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I don't see the need: there's few things that can outrun an urhan. Meanwhile spirits don't suffer Primal Fear to their defense from Gauru.

Comment

Working...
                    X