Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    Merry Wolfenoot, one and all!

I haven't forgotten Forsaken, worry not - just had a lot of other demands on my time at the moment - and so, in the spirit of the Wolfenoot season, I offer a present of the forum's choice. Please vote for which of the below you'd like me to put together!

A) Rites of celebration and fellowship.
    B) Expanded Hive-Claimed rules, with sub-types and Hive-Claimed sorcerers.
    C) A new Gift.
    D) A Lodge of Ghost Wolves who draw on the power of Void spirits.
    It is not on the list, but what about the full detail of the Lodge of the Field?

That, or option B.

Comment

I vote for C.

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD. As: Seraph du Salomon, Voice on the concordance. Unsubtle man reluctantly participating in the business of Magi. Awakening 2E homebrew http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...=1569864567692

Comment

Lets go with A.

Comment

Right, we'll close the vote here and see what the total is, and I'll set to writing when I get some spare time

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

The tallies are...

A) Rites of celebration and fellowship.​ (8)
            B) Expanded Hive-Claimed rules, with sub-types and Hive-Claimed sorcerers (20)
            C) A new Gift (1)
            D) A Lodge of Ghost Wolves who draw on the power of Void spirits (2)

So with a landslide victory of twenty (20) votes I'd say that expanded Hive-Claimed rules wins.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

And here we are, with a first draft of additional Hive-Claimed material...
              The Mad Parliament: Hive-Claimed

It’s time for the promised content expanding a bit on the Hive-Claimed! First up, a little bit of background on how these grotesque fellows ended up on the antagonist roster for Forsaken in the first place…

Hive-Claimed first appeared in a short Forsaken chronicle I ran set in Cornwall, as a break from the ‘main’ Forsaken game I was running that took place in a fictional city in the south-west of the UK. The side-chronicle tied into the main one with events and consequences, but it was a real breath of fresh air for me, the break I needed to avoid burning out. It was also a wonderful chance to do some Forsaken world-building, looking at the really interesting folklore and myths of Cornwall and figuring out how these would shape or tie into the Forsaken experience in the region.

Giants are a big thing in UK folklore, and even moreso in Cornwall, where there are stories of early Christian holy men and saints doing battle with them. I’d latched onto this particular branch of culture as something to work into the Cornish Storm Lords, who I’d decided had strong traditional associations with Christianity in the Duchy; the ‘saints’ of old were, in this chronicle, the garbled stories of werewolf heroes going toe-to-toe with something awful. I still needed to flesh out the ‘something awful’, though; I wanted the giants to be something, and not just ‘it’s a materialized spirit’. I wanted whatever these shuddering, fleshy abominations were to be things that were very physical in their corpulent existence, and that’s where the idea for Hive-Claimed was born.

The Hive-Claimed, and their place in Cornish history as giants, was woven extensively throughout the side chronicle even though no Hive-Claimed ever actually appeared ‘on-screen’. Instead, there were the shapes of their passing; bones so saturated in Essence and spiritual power that they held great occult value, legends the Storm Lords still wanted to live up to yet had proven victims of their own success as they’d long since wiped the Hive-Claimed presence out, and questions relating to the spiritual landscape of Cornwall as to why did the Hive-Claimed exist here? After that, I planned to use them elsewhere too—after all, legends of giants exist all across the world, and giants serve as a great foe for a pack to go up against, a nice bit of massive physical might to juxtapose against the usual purely-spiritual juggernauts Uratha have to contend with.

And that’s really what Hive-Claimed do—they fill the ‘slot’ of giants for Uratha, drawing on the rich vein of giant folklore that exists across the world, the ominous stories of looming tribes who are now long extinct, the ghastly aberrations that mark the most vile terrors of myths whose bodies are so utterly bloated with sin that they grow in cancerous malignancy, and the strange tall figures who lurk in the distant places where humans have yet to press forward. Obviously, they also serve as all manner of other big body-horror monstrosity, but it’s giants where they were born from.

In Forsaken 2nd ed, I had the opportunity to add Hive-Claimed in as a thing Idigam could create, and put a mention here and there in the core and books since to suggest that they’re also a rare phenomenon outside of Idigam influence. The latter is the more important element for them, to be honest; the Hive-Claimed are out there, as they have been across the centuries.

Republics of One
              The first Hive-Claimed write-up was the first thing I ever wrote for OPP, technically speaking—it was the writing sample I sent in that got me hired onto the Forsaken team. When the chance came up, I put as much of the actual rules for them into the core, but something that I didn’t have space to translate into the rules and background there was what it meant for a Hive-Claimed to be such a fusion of spirits.

After all, you’re packing so many spirits into one person that the Flesh side of things becomes totally corrupted and overrun by so much spiritual energy. Well, what about the spirits themselves? We know they’re all entangled together, unable to pull apart and free themselves; most Hive-Claimed truly die if their body dies, unlike regular Claimed where the possessing spirit can escape. So what does that mean for the consciousness?

Hive-Claimed often have only a tenuous hold on sanity. It’s all the psychic trauma of a regular Claiming, plus a dozen more alien beings crammed into one spiritual space. These monstrous duguthim usually fall into one of the following categories.

Parliament of Spirits: The spirits in the hive are not completely fused together; they remain separate entities with their own agendas and personalities. While imprisoned together within the giant, and likely to learn to co-operate to some extent, there’s only ever one spirit at the steering wheel of the Hive-Claimed at a time, providing primary direction for the giant and the human part of the composite being. The giant likely talks and mutters to themselves as the different spirits bicker, and traumatic moments—suffering heavy damage, being surprised, high stress situations, etc—can result in another spirit suddenly taking control, sometimes radically changing the giant’s behaviour. Waking from slumber is a brief free-for-all as the spirits rush for control. Particularly vicious internal arguments can also depose a prime spirit from its spot. These all serve to make parliaments extremely unpredictable, even where a hive of spirits broadly share characteristics.

It also makes them extremely hard to influence or control. Should the Hive-Claimed be subjected to mind-affecting influence or powers that target the spirit, the ‘lead’ spirit falls back into the parliament and another takes over. A Hive-Claimed parliament made up of seven spirits, as an example, needs to be affected by seven mind-controlling powers catching each of them in turn before the Claimed is finally influenced.

Gestalt: The spirits in the hive are entirely fused, forming a magath gestalt that has subsumed the human host’s own psyche as well. The Hive-Claimed doesn’t suffer the confusion and internal struggle of a parliament, as the components of its magath-mind co-operate far better; it is, however, truly broken at a far more fundamental level. It suffers the Madness Condition, with a total dice equal to 3 + the number of Claiming spirits rather than the usual Integrity-derived value. Gestalts are often wildly delusional at the best of times.

The combined spiritual might of the gestalt makes it a frightening occult adversary. Gestalts can activate any number of Influences simultaneously with a single action.

Bayemot: A bayemot is a Hive-Claimed whose human consciousness has survived the Claiming, but in which all of the spirits have become genuinely merged. The bayemot retains the core personality of the human, but it is stretched and warped to monstrous aspect by the alien minds now subsumed within it. The bayemot experiences life without any sort of limits on the extremes of its emotions; when angry, the bayemot screams with unfettered rage and acts in thoughtless fury. When tired, the bayemot is grasped with utter sloth. Any sort of neutral state is a tenuous thing, soon lost at the slightest provocation of any emotion. In short, a bayemot is very much one of the giants of old—emotional, tempestuous, and far larger than life. Bayemots automatically fail any Composure-based rolls relating to controlling or moderating their emotions.

Bayemots possess a greater level of integration between spirit and human, and the flow of Essence through the body is even greater than other Hive-Claimed. A bayemot constantly heals its warped flesh, restoring one point of bashing or lethal damage every round, and one point of aggravated damage every fifteen minutes.

Sorcerer: Hive-Claimed sorcerers are an unusual form of giant; each has intentionally bound the hive of spirits into herself, and as long as she keeps control of the ‘inmates’, she remains relative clarity and control over her own mind—though it’s questionable whether anyone who intentionally becomes a Hive-Claimed could be considered sane in the first place. See below for more on sorcerers.

Deep Hives: Some Hive-Claimed are stranger yet; instead of simple gestalts, they are entire shards of spiritual location buried in a human’s soul, wherein the spirits dwell in a very real little realm of Deep Shadow. This is more akin to a spirit-bastion, and can be accessed from the Shadow itself, usually via a bizarre and far-flung reach of that realm. How exactly the hive is both place and state of Claiming at the same time remains unclear to Bone Shadow lorekeepers, as does how the little world takes root in a hapless human’s soul in the first place, but a Deep Hive given enough time will flourish into a spiritual wellspring both in its own secure realm and from the human’s violated flesh. Stranger yet are stories of Deep Hives that verge on other domains as well, bleeding into the communal unconsciousness of humanity or into the dreary, dismal swathes of the Underworld.

A Deep Hive can be dealt with by heading into the realm and facing down its spiritual jailors amid a Deep Shadow pocket that merges with the Oneiros of the human victim—a running battle with mad spirits played out through the host’s psychodrama. This allows for a Hive-Claimed to be ‘purged’ of its Claiming spirits without killing the Host, and causes a reversal of the physical mutations the victim may have suffered—but the Deep Shadow pocket remains in existence and, unless somehow sealed off, more spirits may follow its alluring call and take up residence there in future.

Giant Tribes
              Hive-Claimed are commonly solitary, as their great power and great hunger brooks few rivals. Most don’t survive very long anyway, but veterans in a region likely learn of each other and keep a safe, respectful distance if possible. Rarely, Hive-Claimed form loose alliances, but their numbers are normally so few that it’s the exception rather than the rule among ‘natural’, accidentally-formed giants.

However, sometimes a particular phenomenon generates a larger number of Hive-Claimed over a short space of time. A ritual performed by human cultists, a ‘broken’ Locus that repeatedly snares and fuses the spirits who come to drink from it, some sort of corruption in the local Shadow that keeps planting Deep Hive seeds in human souls, powerful spirit-god who intentionally forges Hive-Claimed servants, or other such cause can result in a small community of giants who share a common origin and likely similar powers and nature as well. If they don’t fall to infighting, they may form a longer-lasting tribe.

Human mythology has uncounted tales of giantfolk who possess enduring communities upon remote islands, far places inland, and legendary bastions. In many places, an ancestral generation—often heroes and demigods—are ascribed giant-like status. Hive-Claimed tribes thread through the dark truth behind some of these stories. Some level of organization and hierarchy among Hive-Claimed is a terrifying prospect in and of itself, but the worst aspect of a tribe is that it is self-propagating; Hive-Claimed who can reproduce themselves.

The Claimed don’t produce giant offspring via normal biological methods; fucking does nothing to increase giant numbers, so some stories suggest a few Hive-Claimed can and have produced children with normal mortals, who are likely to be spiritually touched in some way. No, the true reproduction of these Claimed tribes is their induction of victims or petitioners. A Hive-Claimed tribe can use a pack rite—unique to each group of giants and its particular spiritual admixture—to transfer spirits into the human receptacle. The spirits need to be on-hand, whether bound to servitude or convinced that gianthood is a path to Fleshly power, and they must match the same resonances within the Claimed practitioners of the rite, each of whom can expend a deep draught of their Essence to bind a singular spirit into the victim. In this way, a group of Hive-Claimed born of ash, fire, and pain spirits can create more of their own kind, but could not create a Hive-Claimed initiate of wind, water, and hope.

Potential victims or inductees also have to match at least one of the spiritual resonances involved to an intense degree. A tribe of Hive-Claimed of death, blood, and hate could induct a committed, bloodthirsty murderer, fascist hatemonger, or gravedigger, but would have little fortune trying to transform a hapless sacrifice who is simply an office-worker with no deep hatreds and no real violence in her nature, unless she has some sort of fixation or obsession with death in her off-hours. Historically, this has resulted in tribes of rarer spiritual resonances usually practising a particular exclusivity to selecting their initiates, drawing recruits from elevated achievements; the god-king and his demigod brothers who induct a new hero to be his heir, for example. By comparison, Hive-Claimed accorded with common spiritual resonances, especially those they can easily cause themselves, have less discriminate and even forceful recruiting practices; if all you need to do is cause a lot of pain, for example, you can have your pick of ideal candidates—as long as they survive the ritual torture required to prepare them as a receptacle.

Fortunately, Hive-Claimed tribes are incredibly rare in the modern age. The requirement of multiple similar Hive-Claimed, the spiritual discovery needed to assemble the tribe’s unique rite, and the difficulties in hiding a growing community of mutated humans who are seven feet or more tall, has largely consigned tribes to history. A few cling on under cover of vile secret societies or ‘revived’ historical customs; a sect of criminal killers here, an elite and utterly reclusive ‘family’ of wealthy aristocrats there, the bitter and hateful survivors of the Jotnar who still burn with a desire for vengeance upon the children of Fenris and keep to the frozen reaches of the north, or the hulking nightmares who emerge from a Shadow lair to steal sacrifices away into the otherworld as they have done for centuries among the villages that even now mask their ‘offerings’ of outsiders from the wider world.

But this is a modern age, and now giants are born from fusions of modern spirits. A new tribe is forming—one connected by the internet, the thrum of sparks, the eternal river of digital data. It won’t be long before Hive-Claimed start recruiting via Twitter and forums, picking their chosen recruits from social media and working computational rites to cram jibbering spirits into the mind and soul of those who would be scions and idols of a new humanity—a spiritual fusion of the connected world.

Abominations of Flesh
              Hive-Claimed display an even wider selection of mutations and powers than normal Claimed, their spiritual amalgamation offering greater manifestations of raw potency. That in and of itself is unsurprising, but it’s also a crucible for truly deviant expressions of flesh-spirit synthesis—monstrosities that even other Hive-Claimed can scarcely recognize.

Fleshthief: An extreme form of nanutari body thief, the fleshthief Hive-Claimed is unusual for its ability to unanchor itself from a single human host without dying. A carcrash of nanutaru entangeld together into one being, the spiritual gestalt always has the Possession Manifestation and can use it on anyone the Hive-Claimed touches; successfully possessing a victim transfers the gestalt to the victim and immediately applies the Claimed state to them as well, beginning synthesis on the new host. Should the giant be killed, the gestalt has a number of scenes equal to the number of spirits in it to find a new host and successfully possess them; if still unanchored after that, the gestalt perishes for good. Abandoned hosts die in revolting fashion as the extraction of spiritual fusion throughout their body causes immediate deliquescence and necrosis.

Graveyard: A graveyard Hive-Claimed matches its host of spirits with a host of human souls. Starting as a ‘normal’ Hive-Claimed, likely rendered unusual by a particular melange of death and conceptual spirits, the graveyard absorbs the minds of mortals who die in its vicinity. Given the likely accidental nature of the hive, this can come as an extreme shock to the giant the first time it happens; the monstrosity kills a human, and finds the screaming victim is now locked inside its mind with everyone else.

A graveyard can absorb as many humans as there are spirits in the synthesis. The absorption appears to involve the human soul; soulless mortals who die in the vicinity are not bound into the graveyard. Each human added to the mix adds a single point to one of the Hive-Claimed’s skills from their own selection, and adds another voice to the babble in its head; every five human souls absorbed also increases the giant’s Size by an additional 1. Like a parliament of spirits, humans in the graveyard mind of the Claimed can also try to seize control of the resulting entity, briefly taking control of the steering wheel before another victim or spirit can shunt them off.

The graveyard mutates further to match the humans in it; flesh twists and warps as faces of the dead press up from within it, entirely new limbs begin to bud forth, and the grotesque behemoth becomes a nightmare mass of half-extruded humanity; the Arm Wrack, Blinded, and Leg Wrack Tilts have no effect on it due to the sheer number of each that it possesses. When the giant sleeps, the trapped human consciousnesses are free to walk through the dreaming minds of sleepers within the region. The giant gains the ability to see and interact with ghosts, and the humans inside are gripped with a fierce hunger for dead ephemera.

A graveyard that gorges long enough on ghosts slowly translates into the ghostly frequency of Twilight, losing its solidity over weeks or months. Eventually it passes from the physical world entirely, becoming a predator of the world’s hidden frequencies. If one manages to reach the Underworld, it undergoes a stranger metamorphosis yet.

Hydra: A hydra consists of at least a dozen spirits in one form, with the expected resulting riot of flesh. However, something about a hydra takes things even further—perhaps a combination of spiritual resonances relating to consumption or boundaries, or a human mind boiling over with jealousy or desire.

Hydras possess potent mind-influencing Dread Powers, taking victims as thralls—and then absorbing them into the sordid biomass of the Hive-Claimed directly. The constancy of flesh falls aside, and victims become as one with the roiling meat of the giant. A hydra can store up to its Size in absorbed victims within itself, adding 1 to its Size for every 5 people it absorbs (and potentially increasing its tally of victims a little further in this way). The resulting abomination can then spew victims back out again, reconstituting them from its shifting tissues in roughly-accurate copies complete with a snapshot of mind and mannerisms from shortly before their death and consumption.

Reborn hydra thralls are linked to the Hive-Claimed’s mind and senses, and so often serve as extensions of itself when it needs human-appearing intermediaries to get what it wants from mortal society, or to lure in more victims. The Hive-Claimed can assign one of its component spirit-parts to operate through a thrall, essentially turning them into a Claimed just of that spirit—a process that can happen in seconds through a truly grotesque spurt of mutation, should the hydra need to empower a thrall on the fly. Should a Claimed-thrall then perish, the hydra suffers a point of aggravated damage and loses a point of Willpower, but its spiritual component remains fused to it and it loses nothing else than the reconstituted meat invested in the dead thrall.

Martikhora: Hive-Claimed rarely occur in animals, and often suffer a horrible fate even for spirits; the animal sentience entangles with the alien minds of the invader and keeps them in a deranged, confused state, no more than a mutated animal of ghastly aspect that cannot understand or engage with the voices in its head. A strong, deep urge pushes it to try and acquire the intellect it needs—by devouring humans. When a martikhora kills and eats a human being—which also consumes their soul in the process—it achieves human-level sentience for a week, and absorbs the victim’s memories. If it does not eat another victim before the end of the week, it lapses back into animal instinct. There is a continuity of consciousness between each period of sentience, and the intelligence of the martikhora recalls intervening times as a tormented animal only as blurred, painful recollections. As it devours more people, the martikhora’s mutations begin to also become more humanoid; paws become grasping hands, a muzzle twists and breaks back into a human-like face, or scales turn to sensitive human skin. After eating five people, a martikhora can speak; after eating ten, it can read; after eating fifteen, it can remember the lives of everyone it has eaten with intense, painful clarity.

Giant Bone
              Hive-Claimed carcasses are more than just the awful trophies of a nightmare’s defeat. Old Hive-Claimed soak in so much Essence, devour so much spiritual power, that their very bones become suffused with the stuff. The twisted skeleton, warped to immense size, can be harvested—and used.

Uratha can devour the bones of a Hive-Claimed for Essence; a skeleton contains twice the Hive-Claimed’s Size in points of Essence. This bounty takes centuries to fade, but giant bone is useful as more than just a source of Essence.

Uratha who use the Bone Gnaw Facet on a Hive-Claimed’s bone gain up to +5 Size in Dalu, Gauru, or Urshul for a scene, as well as the Facet’s usual effects; they can store this enhancement for use at will, able to use the growth once within the next month. Repeated use of the Facet doesn’t give more uses than this; the Uratha must expend their giant form before they can Bone Gnaw another one into themselves.

If used in the creation of a fetish, giant bone is an appealing material for many spirits of Rank 4 and 5, adding 2 dice to rite dice pools to bind these spirits into such an item. A large piece of giant bone, like the skull, can be placed into a Locus where it will increase the Locus’ production of Essence as if it had 1 higher dot than usual. Armour inlaid with giant bone imposes a -3 penalty on any effects that would drain or tamper with the wearer’s Essence pool (if any).

Using enough giant bone in the construction of a spiritual site has additional effects. Using the bulk of a Hive-Claimed’s skeleton that was of at least Size 8 in building a church, shrine, menhir, or site of cultural importance reduces the cost of all Manifestations of spirits that match the Hive-Claimed’s former resonances by 1 across an area of several miles wide, for as long as humans actively gather at, worship, or pay significant attention to the site in question. Grinding a Hive-Claimed’s bones down and using them in the mortar or cement of a structure forces any spirits of equal to or less Rank than the highest Rank of spirit in the former Hive-Claimed to pay a point of Essence and a point of Willpower to pass either way through that structure’s walls.

Finally, and perhaps most awfully, even a single splinter of giant bone in a human’s flesh renders them Open and resonant to all spirits.

Hive-Claimed Sorcerers
              Hive-Claimed sorcerers are humans who have willingly, intentionally bound a parliament of spirits into themselves in the pursuit of occult power. This is, of course, an absurdly dangerous process.

The appeal of the Hive-Claimed state is manifold. Hive-Claimed are physically powerful to an incredible degree, express supernatural abilities in accordance with the kinds of spirits chosen for the gestalt, and are essentially immortal if they can maintain a steady diet of Essence—all significant benefits for a would-be seeker of eldritch enlightenment. The downside would be the total loss of self beneath a squalling, screaming mass of spiritual inhabitants—but sorcerers can avoid that fate through iron willpower and a careful balance of bound spirits.

The art that creates a Hive-Claimed sorcerer is a fusion of shamanic and alchemical philosophies, developed independently multiple times across the globe. The lineages of sorcerers that pass it down are paranoid and jealous; many sorcerers pry their knowledge from the writings of a master after the elder Hive-Claimed has died for one reason or another. Occasionally, independent practitioners luck upon the process themselves through experimentation, or discover a text that details the needed secrets. Uratha do the best they can to gather and destroy such occult tomes whenever they can, but the knowledge seems alarmingly… persistent in its reappearance.

The rite itself requires the sorcerer binds a number of spirits to themselves in a way that ensures the resulting Influences the Hive-Claimed would possess are both equal in value and opposed. For example, the end result must be Fire 2 and Ice 2, or Lead 3 and Mercury 3 (representing yin and yang in daoist alchemy); if three or more Influences, they need to thematically reflect appropriately separate points on a linked concept, so Fire 1 Air 1 Water 1 Earth 1 would be fine, or Light 3 Darkness 3 Shadow 3, and so forth. The rite then begins to bind the desired spirits to the sorcerer, one at a time—the spirits must be gathered and present through either forcible binding or bribery on the sorcerer’s part, in one form or another. After each one is bound, the sorcerer must pass a Resolve + Composure roll penalized by the highest Rank of spirit bound thus far, so most start with the weakest then work up to the strongest. If any of these fail, or if the sorcerer has chosen spirits that result in unbalanced Influences, the rite fails entirely; the sorcerer becomes a ‘normal’ Claimed, or becomes a gestalt Hive-Claimed, or just comes apart in a rupture of flesh and magic.

If successful, the sorcerer is affected as if a normal Hive-Claimed, gaining Attributes and Size over time, developing Influences and Dread Powers, but with one major difference – the human remains entirely in control of their own mind. The spirits remain there within their psyche, imprisoned with the bands of their own soul; these jostling presences can make themselves known to the sorcerer, and in turn the sorcerer can force the spirits to give knowledge or advice within their own mind, but the spirits cannot take control of the fusion and remain purely secondary partners.

The sorcerer cannot change the amount of spirits bound to them; if a new spirit is somehow added to the hive, or the sorcerer ever loses their soul, they revert to a ‘normal’ Hive- Claimed and lose control of their bound passengers. Nor can the sorcerer ever rid themselves of the Hive-Claimed state; it’s a one-way trip.

The spiritual power gained, though, gives the sorcerer more than just the simple might of the Claimed. They are immune to further possession, and can spend a point of Willpower to throw any mental or spiritual Condition or Tilt onto one of their passenger spirits instead, thus rendering it ineffective. They may add the highest Rank among the spirits they have bound into themselves as a dice bonus for their Influences, for supernatural merits such as Telekinesis, and for the performance of rites and rituals of any kind. Sorcerers also immediately gain a number of dots of Pack Rites equal to the number of bound spirits. Each sorcerer may also purposefully tailor and develop a unique Dread Power related to the themes of the Influences bound into them, which emerges over the course of about a month, or quicker if encouraged with meditation and inner focus.

As individuals driven enough to attempt such a dangerous ceremony, Hive-Claimed sorcerers are often immensely dangerous and utterly obsessed with achieving their occult ambitions. Newly empowered by their bound spirits, these sorcerers are relentless in garnering further sources of power, eliminating rivals, and establishing their own dominance over mortal occult societies. Perhaps the only comfort is that the increased bulk and mutation of more powerful Hive-Claimed is less appealing to sorcerers who desire to still move through society, and so most sorcerers will not bind so many spirits as to render them larger than Size 6, Size 7 at the outside, and so lack the sheer blasphemous might of the largest Hive-Claimed in existence.

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Oh, and merry Wulfmas!

Comment

Oh, and merry Wulfmas!
                  Thank you for everything Chris!

Comment

Oh, and merry Wulfmas!
                    I've told you you're amazing right? Cause two Patreon posts and this over Christmas is amazing and we are super appreciative!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I'm getting strong Naraku vibes from this, which is all I ever wanted. Cool stuff, really cool stuff.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                        I'm getting strong Naraku vibes from this, which is all I ever wanted. Cool stuff, really cool stuff.
                        Where’s the Bokusaiga when you need it?

Sesshomaru would be a kickass Storm Lord, now that I think of it.

Comment

Whoa. I feel like Deep Hives posit an interesting answer to the question, "Why aren't there any human spirits?" It makes the idea of human souls feel like some kind of white-hole type of singularity on the spiritual landscape.

This is very cool.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                          An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                          Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
                            Whoa. I feel like Deep Hives posit an interesting answer to the question, "Why aren't there any human spirits?" It makes the idea of human souls feel like some kind of white-hole type of singularity on the spiritual landscape.

This is very cool.
                            Rose Bailey has helpfully revealed a rather unsettling truth about Human Spirits. They do exist, even now. Just one problem.. they happen to have transformed into the utterly sociopathic Strix.

At least that’s one explanation.

I sorta like the “ Our Souls Are potential Spirit Townships” theory better xD

Comment

On another note, when I look at the Bayemot, I can’t helo but have this theme play in the back of my mind:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFgQRMVraYM

Come to think of it, a Wolf-blooded or Hunter Game that features pursuit from a nigh- unkillble Hive-Claimed would be fun as hell to run.

Comment

Working...
                              X