New Merits for Pure Wolf-Blooded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Merits for Pure Wolf-Blooded

Happy new year, folks! To welcome in the new decade, here are some bonus Wolf-Blooded merits for those of the Pure. These are very much first-draft state; I had too many ideas so rather than one per Tribe, I did three.

Gurim-Ur’s Blood: Rabid
    Prerequisites: Wolf-Blooded
    Effects: The Wolf-Blooded’s always running hot and feverish, wild-eyed and often delirious. Unless faced with characters using supernatural powers to pre-empt her, she doesn’t roll Initiative and instead has her Initiative set as one higher than the highest value of any other character in a combat.

Gurim-Ur’s Blood: Truth Seer
    Effects: Rabid Wolf’s visionary insight burns behind the Wolf-Blooded’s eyes and rings in her ears like tinnitus. When another character addresses her directly, she can instinctively know whether they are telling the truth (as they believe it to be); she doesn’t gain any insight into the nature of any lies, or whether they’re using half-truths or other misdirection. After using this capability, she gains the Blinded Tilt for the remainder of the scene.

Gurim-Ur’s Blood: Typhoid Mary
    Effects: The Wolf-Blooded is incredibly hale and hearty, an asymptomatic carrier for all manners of disease. She gains the rote quality on rolls to resist mundane diseases, but automatically becomes a carrier for any disease she successfully resists.

Hathis-Ur’s Blood: Pure Assimilation
    Effects: The Wolf-Blooded’s body is an altar, accepting the flesh and blood of the worthy. She treats all Ivory Claws as matching blood donors, and furthermore can receive organ or limb transplants from them with no chance of rejection; in fact, such transplants assimilate and regenerate to the Wolf-Blooded’s body in a matter of seconds, allowing the character to repair a permanent Limb Wrack by affixing the severed limb of a Tzuumfin. Distinctive markings like tattoos will remain, but otherwise such transplants will adapt to match the recipient’s appearance. The Wolf-Blooded thereafter is considered a blood relative of any werewolf she has received a transplant from.

Hathis-Ur’s Blood: Regal
    Effects: Silver Wolf’s arrogance and assurance seethes in the Wolf-Blooded’s soul. She raises the Impression of all humans and Wolf-Blooded towards her by one step, and regains all Willpower once per chapter when she succeeds in surpassing or bringing low a competitor or rival.

Hathis-Ur’s Blood: Scourge Confessor
    Effects: Through pain, the Wolf-Blooded grants revelation and reassurance. By spending a point of Willpower and inflicting lethal damage to any of the last three boxes of the target’s health track, the Wolf-Blooded may remove a single mental or spiritual Condition from the target. A character can only be the recipient of this effect once per month.

Huzuruth-Ur’s Blood: Den Watcher
    Effects: The Wolf-Blooded is territorial, quickly forming a close bond to her pack’s place of rest. After sleeping in a location such as a building, glade, cave, or other limited delineated space, she can spend a point of Willpower to bond herself to it as her den, gaining +1 to Initiative, Speed, and perception rolls while within it. Additionally, upon returning to the den, she can immediately sense whether anyone other than she or her pack-mates have intruded upon it while she has been away, although she gains no insight into who the interloper was.

Huzuruth-Ur’s Blood: Feral
    Effect: The Wolf-Blooded has a touch more of the wolf to her than most. She doesn’t need to establish a grapple to use her teeth as a +0L melee weapon, and she can use the higher of her Wits and Dexterity to determine her Defence, rather than the lowest.

Huzuruth-Ur’s Blood: Hunter Priestess
    Effects: The Wolf-Blooded is more than just a natural hunter; she’s the head of the beast, guiding others with instinctive co-ordination. She can spend a point of Willpower to lead a number of other characters up to her Presence + Composure on the hunt for a scene, granting them a +2 bonus on dice pools to launch or detect ambushes and surprise attacks, and she can always offer teamwork on a tracking dice pool to track prey.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Very good, though I do have some questions about Pure Assimilation. While it is a Wolf-blooded merit, would this incredible regenerative ability carry over as an Uratha? It seems to me that if the body can already assimilate werewolf flesh, why would it stop once the Change happens?

I already have a gruesome and awesome mental image of a Ivory Claw Blood-Hunter who is a mishmash of different body parts, their constant switching making it obvious that they do it.

Comment

Are these Tells or something else?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Wolf-Blooded had access to special Wolf-Blooded Merits, too, which is what these are. They're related to tribes.

P304, 'Some Wolf-Blooded can track their linage down through werewolf families, even for generations. Patterns emerge, and it isn’t uncommon for a Wolf-Blooded who comes from a strong tribal background show to affiliation for that tribe in deep, organic ways. That said, sometimes, a Wolf-Blooded will have a tribal affinity that follows no pattern, or a generations-deep Wolf-Blooded will show no sign of her heritage.'

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
          Very good, though I do have some questions about Pure Assimilation. While it is a Wolf-blooded merit, would this incredible regenerative ability carry over as an Uratha? It seems to me that if the body can already assimilate werewolf flesh, why would it stop once the Change happens?

I already have a gruesome and awesome mental image of a Ivory Claw Blood-Hunter who is a mishmash of different body parts, their constant switching making it obvious that they do it.
          I can see the reason they can't keep the merit is because uratha would be able to regenerate lost limbs quickly enough without it. They'd only take Lethal instead of Aggravated damage from losing a limb, so it would only take an hour or so to regenerate it

Consumer of lore, myth, history, tales and songs.
          Constantly Out in the Grapes ™

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            Wolf-Blooded had access to special Wolf-Blooded Merits, too, which is what these are. They're related to tribes.
            And presumably these are two dot Merits since the original six (one for each Forsaken Tribe and one for Ghost Wolves) are all two dot Merits.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorekeeper View Post

I can see the reason they can't keep the merit is because uratha would be able to regenerate lost limbs quickly enough without it. They'd only take Lethal instead of Aggravated damage from losing a limb, so it would only take an hour or so to regenerate it
              I thought it took longer to regenerate limbs

Though I may be just remembering 1e Blood Of The Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                I thought it took longer to regenerate limbs

Though I may be just remembering 1e Blood Of The Wolf
                Generally you get a Persistent Tilt/Condition if you get a [limb] Wrack or such due to aggravated damage. Uratha doesn't (as well as generally not taking aggravated damage in the first place), so they just regenerate their limbs when the damage that caused the Tilt is healed. And some have other tricks to heal Tilts faster.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Yeah, they should all be 2-dot Merits. Goddamn, can't believe I missed that bit :P

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Working...
                  X