Upcoming Books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Books?

With the release of Shunned by the Moon, I haven't heard much about upcoming WtF books in production. Indeed, I've heard only about VtR and MtAw books (beyond the core and Kickstarter stretch goals for CtL and beyond)

Is that it for Forsaken for a while, or are there other books in production I am unaware of?

Originally posted by DocSteve2020 View Post
    With the release of Shunned by the Moon, I haven't heard much about upcoming WtF books in production. Indeed, I've heard only about VtR and MtAw books (beyond the core and Kickstarter stretch goals for CtL and beyond)

Is that it for Forsaken for a while, or are there other books in production I am unaware of?
    The last Vampire the Requiem (on the production list) is coming out today. And the only Awakening thing on the list is in layout.

We don't know. Hopefully there's more, they used to announce these things in batches at cons but we haven't heard anything about any of the Chronicles games in the past couple. It doesn't seem like anything's been cancelled, things have just not been announced or started on yet.
    Last edited by nofather; 02-12-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I am actually kind of curious about the future of this. While I don't fully grasp the lore very well and I have no idea if I like or not the mechanics the concept is fun.

Comment

There's nothing on the MMN, but that doesn't mean there are no plans. Tome of the Pentacle (MtAw) is nowhere in the notes but it's been confirmed in progress since like 2017 I think.
        Last edited by Kvark; 02-13-2020, 01:24 PM.

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

Kevään Neito I'm the opposite. I don't always fully grasp the mechanics, but the lore part is fun.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Only playtime can solve such dilemmas!

Comment

Totally true! lol

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

I forget: was "Secrets of the Tribes" cancelled or not?

Comment

As far as I know it never appeared beyond that one (possibly more) brochure and no one's mentioned it, but apparently stuff being worked on isn't usually mentioned until it's officially announced. Which I guess the brochure could count as an official announcement but no one's said anything about working on it.

Comment

I definitely could use a lot more insight into the 2E Storm Lords in particular, as the intersection of their role with their favored prey never clicked for me, and has always left them feeling like the odd one’s out. So I hope Secrets of the Tribes sees the light of day.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I felt a bit cold with the tribes (cults?) as I remember them from the core book, unlike Courts or Covenants, so I hope that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        I definitely could use a lot more insight into the 2E Storm Lords in particular, as the intersection of their role with their favored prey never clicked for me, and has always left them feeling like the odd one’s out. So I hope Secrets of the Tribes sees the light of day.
                        I've always interpreted them as insulating themselves from their loved ones and followers in such a way that when/if someone is possessed, the pack is less vulnerable, as its leadership hasn't allowed the now suborned member to see weakness. It requires assuming that the Ridden are a regular enough "enemy within" style threat, where the people close to the pack are the ones most likely to be possessed. That way the tribe oath makes a kind of sense as an internal security/compartmentalization sort of deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Phobos View Post
                          I've always interpreted them as insulating themselves from their loved ones and followers in such a way that when/if someone is possessed, the pack is less vulnerable, as its leadership hasn't allowed the now suborned member to see weakness. It requires assuming that the Ridden are a regular enough "enemy within" style threat, where the people close to the pack are the ones most likely to be possessed. That way the tribe oath makes a kind of sense as an internal security/compartmentalization sort of deal.
                          While it's really an interesting idea, but as you said it requires Ridden to be targeting the pack which doesn't make much sense. It's a whole lotta risk for no more gain than riding any other human. The spirit would have a specific reason to target the pack or that pack member, and I can't come up with any where my go-to solution would be Fetter, Possess, or Claim. Well, possibly Claim because you could force them to have to kill a pack member, but then the spirit would have to deal with having their host destroyed and quite probably be ejected in front of the whole hunting party.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

personally, I feel the storm lord sacred prey makes sense, but still should be elaborated on. because unlike every other sacred prey, you have to kill it twice. specifically talking about the Claimed here. that, to me, means they should at least have more on how they treat spirits in general and their knowledge on them

Comment

Can always imprison them forever via bane and ban.

Comment

Working...
                              X