[2E] Hosts Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Hosts Questions

Introducing Hosts in my game after a long time - now with Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon - and new questions surface to my games. Let's start with practical one...

1. Are Hosts in one Realm - Material or Shadow - or both, at the same time? If Beshilu rats are gnawing the Gauntlet, they are coming from Material to Shadow ( or vice versa ), or do they gnawing from both sides at once? If Azlu is doing their web strengthening the Gauntlet - is it only in one of Realms - or in both of them, at the same time?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-04-2020, 02:24 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    1. Are Hosts in one Realm - Material or Shadow - or both, at the same time? If Beshilu rats are gnawing the Gauntlet, they are coming from Material to Shadow ( or vice versa ), or do they gnawing from both sides at once? If Azlu is doing their web strengthening the Gauntlet - is it only in one of Realms - or in both of them, at the same time?
    tl;dr simple answers: They're in one world at a time. Affecting the Gauntlet affects it from both sides since it's in between them. Gauntlet Webs are tangible in the Shadow.

They are only in one world at a time unless something strange has happened like they've found a Verge. They are physical entities, and they actually seem like sort of living omphalos stones. Soul-shards of ancient Pangaeans that could theoretically resurrect their source-god, if they could find its remains (which may be in the place where the Gauntlet was).

Every host cannot cross the Gauntlet, but some can. And if you have an organized group of beshilu tearing at the Gauntlet, it may be smarter to do it on both sides just to make things faster. Similarly with the Azlu. The issue is that while rats and spiders are so commonplace they are flat out ignored in our world, the spirit realm is full of predatory creatures who may not want access to their Essence closed off. So it's smarter for low hosts to stay flesh-side. Gauntlet Webs fill the Gauntlet, but are tangible in the Shadow and can be destroyed there (it's mentioned in the Gauntlet Webs ability in both editions).

Comment

2. What official Hosts we have in WtF gameline? Of course, beside Beshilu rats and Azlu spiders in corebook.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

2. What official Hosts we have in WtF gameline? Of course, beside Beshilu rats and Azlu spiders in corebook.
        The core book briefly describes crow, cicada and crab hosts around Tokyo. Drowned dead and leshy are described elsewhere in the chapter and they might be hosts.

Comment

By 'official' I'm just going with what has mechanical support.

First edition has rat, spider, snake, crow, locust, fear, fungus, worm, cat, with rumors of others. These are mostly in Predators and Night Horrors: Wolfsbane.

Second adds lamprey, toad, hornet, locust, and the rumors of the ones Spencer mentioned and a couple others These are all in Shunned by the Moon.

Comment

3. Are Spirits of particular Hosts species cooperate with the Host itself? Are Spirits treat then as servants of the Host? For example, I have Beshilu Rat Host in the Material sewers - will they be cooperating with Spirit Lord Rat Persistent in the Shadow Realm? Will Spirit Lord bow to the Host and it's agenda? Will Rat's spirit children be treated as Hosts for the idea to Gnawing the Gauntlet from Hisil side? Simply putted - will physical Rat Host and Rat Spirits of the Hisil being the one and the same?
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-05-2020, 05:30 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

3. Are Spirits of particular Hosts species cooperate with the Host itself?
              They can, but it's not an inherent aspect to them. Some might reject the chaos the host create, and azlu obviously tend to starve an area of Essence which would mean no spirits could survive in it, even spider-spirits. But hosts can be aware of how spirits work and offer alliances the way a werewolf can. Rats are fine for that.

Are Spirits treat then as servants of the Host?
              No.

For example, I have Beshilu Rat Host in the Material sewers - will they be cooperating with Spirit Lord Rat Persistent in the Shadow Realm? Will Spirit Lord bow to the Host and it's agenda? Will Rat's spirit children be treated as Hosts for the idea to Gnawing the Gauntlet from Hisil side? Simply putted - will physical Rat Host and Rat Spirits of the Hisil being the one and the same?
              They aren't. But they can partner up, rat spirits can get a lot of Essence from the activities of Beshilu, and the example Beshilu in the second edition core has Allies: Disease Spirits and other spirits have been known to hate their host parallel.

Comment

Working...
              X