Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

I replied to this:
    yea sorry, I explained myself really bad, english is not my native lenguage and I'm not exactly a master of it. I mean basically what you said but adding some possible ''customization'' of the myths from various packs

-'' We are the unsullied.
    We are the inheritors.
    We are the Pure ''-

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

It's why in my fanom is that in Scandiavia Uratha revere Father Moon ( from Mani) and Mother of Wolves ( from Angerboda). And in Rome werewolves worship 'Creators Lesbian Couple' with female Capitole Wolf Mother and Mother Luna.

I don't know if you know that, but historically, we in Italy regard Mars as the Wolf-God and father of Romolo. The Lupa Capitolina is nothing more but a symbol, it doens't have a particullary divine background (maybe it can give you more ideas or misteries for your chronicles, if you want). In italian universities we spend much more time learning about the archetype of Mars in order to understand the roman myth and customs, the Lupa, on a background level, has nothing much to offer. Mars, on the other hand, was regarded as a wolf-god, especially during the ''regia'' era of Rome, when the city was made up by bandits, killers and renegades. Hope you can find it interesting!
      Last edited by Helur; 06-30-2020, 08:45 AM.

We are the inheritors.
      We are the Pure ''-

Comment

Helur fascinating! Makes sense though. Roman society was dominated by men and Mars along with Jupiter and Apollo pretty much embodied the Roman concept of patriarchy.

I think Mars as depicted in the Roman Republic would make a great patron for the Storm Lords. What do you think?

I know some other random facts about Mars but I don’t wanna bore anyone lol.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          Helur fascinating! Makes sense though. Roman society was dominated by men and Mars along with Jupiter and Apollo pretty much embodied the Roman concept of patriarchy.

I think Mars as depicted in the Roman Republic would make a great patron for the Storm Lords. What do you think?

I know some other random facts about Mars but I don’t wanna bore anyone lol.

Regarding Werewolf there are two key figures within southern european culture: Mars and Apollo.
          Apollo was litterally a werewolf god. There is a myth about him shape shifting into a wolf to hunt and kill witches. I can go forward for hours. He was also depicted as a great wolf in Tebe, Greece.
          About rome, there was another important figure: the black Apollo, ''Surto il Nero'', ''Surto the black'' , most probably a romanized Ade (Plutone). He was depicted as a man with pale skin and a black wolf-coat on his back, ruling the underworld. Mars would be a perfect figure for a lot of tribes, from the Blood Talons to the Storm Lords, but it also depends on the roman era you want to play. During the first stage of the republic and the ''regia'' era, Mars was probably worshipped as a masculine god of war in his animal features, wolf for the most.
          During the Empire, Mars was a regarded in more elegant way, as a god of discipline and master of war, stuff that can be ok for Ivory Claws, Storm Lords or stubborn Blood Talons to me.
          Apollo screams Fire Touched. Worshipping of the Sun, secret and extreme cults and so on.

We are the inheritors.
          We are the Pure ''-

Comment

Helur awesome! This gives me some great ideas. Thanks 😊.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              Helur awesome! This gives me some great ideas. Thanks 😊.
              bonus: there was a cult devoted to Apollo in ancient Greece, regarding lycanthropy, and the members called themselves ''the pure'', and no, it's not a joke
              Put some gasoline on the fire!

We are the inheritors.
              We are the Pure ''-

Comment

Helur perfect!!

Comment

Originally posted by Helur View Post
                  bonus: there was a cult devoted to Apollo in ancient Greece, regarding lycanthropy, and the members called themselves ''the pure'', and no, it's not a joke
                  Put some gasoline on the fire!
                  It was used in the Forsaken by Rome Dark Eras Companion chapter, to point Peoni Greeks as Fire-Touched Wolf-Blooded clan. Also, pointed on the 'Mars as Wolf', but I really did not know it was real cultural thing. I must at least agree then native Italian Helur know more about ancient Rome culture than me humble Central Europe enthiusiast...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                  X