[2E] Territories Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Territories Questions

Some questions about Territories, as understand as concept in WtF...

1. How Territory boundaries are set? When do we know when one Territory starts and second ends? In some magical way they are marked?
    2. Can Uratha sense ( in some magical way ) that they are on the Territory of other pack? My players are about to cross this terrain and I wonder would they feel it?
    3. Do pack Territory stretch to the Hisil? Even with the Spirit Court in area and local Spirit Lord, that sustain fealty to pack?
    4. Is Protectorate treated as megaTerriotory of all involved packs? Even with mystical side of things?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-16-2020, 03:24 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    1. How Territory boundaries are set? When do we know when one Territory starts and second ends? In some magical way they are marked?
    The Hunting Ground rite and the Boundary Ward Gift, for magical purposes, delineated by whatever borders the pack can enforce in the long term.
    2. Can Uratha sense ( in some magical way ) that they are on the Territory of other pack? My players are about to cross this terrain and I wonder would they feel it?
    Sight, smell, and spirits will give a lot of context clues, but there's no innate sense for crossing the threshold of a pack's claimed area.
    3. Do pack Territory stretch to the Hisil? Even with the Spirit Court in area and local Spirit Lord, that sustain fealty to pack?
    Hunting Ground doesn't specify anything to suggest it's limited to one of the two worlds that mostly share geography but pack territory works like gang turf. Hunting Ground will help ease relations, but Supplication and similar rites may be needed to keep a pissed-off Dihir from blocking you out of the area later and/or sending a message to stop you from laying claim to that chunk of space again.
    4. Is Protectorate treated as megaTerriotory of all involved packs? Even with mystical side of things?
    Forge Alliance specifically doesn't apply its benefit to rites, so no.
    Last edited by Satchel; 04-16-2020, 10:08 AM.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Connecting general question with my plot idea…
      5. Hunters in Darkness are all about ‘Sacred Territory’. In corebook, it’s even implied they can declare Sacred Hunt on those that disturb their boundaries. ( See quote below. ) Is it possible for the Mennina pack to grant crossing right for local vampires Covenant ( Lancea Sanctum ), but still be overprotective of their lands from other Uratha? Enough for the calling Siskur-Dah on clueless newcomers on their terrain that Hunts themselves there? Or do they much more relate to ‘friendly’ reminder who’s land it is?

To give a bit more context, Hunters in Darkness pack I have in mind is much more interested in being friends with vampires than look over their Territory, so the Beshilu rats are on the rise in it. ( Cause HiD ‘do not do their job’. ) Guys like those would go after newcomer PCs that stumble on their land?

Hunters in Darkness, WtF 2E quote:
      ‘The First Tongue term the Hunters use for their territory is mus-rah, or “holy killing ground,” and that should tell you all you need to know about their views on territory. (…) What constitutes a violation of mus-rah? It depends on the Hunters in question. Despoiling loci and bringing toxic resonance into the territory, certainly. Following Siskur-Dah into a Hunter’s territory, perhaps. For some packs, even setting foot within their territories without formal invitation is enough. Others might let clueless humans pass through without issue, but you can be damn sure that anything entering a Hunter’s territory is being watched, either by the Hunters themselves or by bound spirits.’

6. I assume that ‘over-protective’ pack of HiD simply use Boundary Ward Gift and set it on the checking Uratha in their locals, yes? The same pack from my example will clearly not seek vampires by it – cause it would ping a lot if Covenant have crossing rights – and maybe not setting it on the Hosts, as they overlooking things? On the other hand, Mennina pack that not setting up detecting Hosts in their area is doing something wrong – so they probably set it up, in the end.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
      X