Decent Anshega

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Anshega

Does anyone have any ideas for Pure Uratha that are decent people? As good as or possibly better than the Forsaken are?
    I know it's possible because I went out of my way to build a Pure pack that were decent (it's the core of one of the plot hooks I put up on the werewolf plot hooks thread). Just wondering if anyone else has ideas they want to share.

Well, by default the Pure are devoted to bizarre beliefs, but are not psycho-killers, obviously they despise uratha but i would not define them as the bad guys.
    A fire touched could be a disciple of a wealth spirit, who told him to earn lot of money to distribute to poor people, making them more Resonant.
    A predator king could be a hermit who refuses any kind of violence not finalized to the hunt, and he coul teach homeless people how to better survive moving in a more rural areas.
    A ivory claw could be a lawyer who "hunts" parents that abuse their children, and live a simple life caring for his family

Comment

I can think of a Pure Uratha who's a decent person. One who stops being a Pure.

THe best you're gonna have are the FIre-touched, who can be some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, but do use plague and madness to slowly tear apart anyone who doesn't join their cult.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Ivory Claws that believe no one should be able to hunt among their herd and really push the familial honor thing. It can be taken a bad way but it could easily be an extension of some existing leaders ethos'. For instance in the core you have Ivory Claw packs in Holmes County that arbitrated a peace between warring Pure and Forsaken because they were paying attention to a bigger picture (multiple times). Fire-Touched are big on their religion of the Shadow and that doesn't have to be bad for their congregation. Even a Predator King has no reason to be a jerk to you unless you're dishonoring his beliefs first.
        Last edited by nofather; 04-20-2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Consider that each of the Forsaken are also part of a murder-cult to ancient Wolf gods and use fear, savage fury, and systematic destruction of people's social relationships in order to kill their prey efficiently and completely. And then realize there's some decent people in there as well. Even the Pure need to cleave to humans and have friends and family. They might even be the kinds of Werewolves that work to foster a healthy community to everyone's benefit. Ivory Claws could be philanthropists, Fire-Touched could be therapists, Predator Kings could hunt poachers.

Of course the natural state of a Werewolf is usually far from what we'd call "decent".

Comment

I've decided to go over the decent Pure that I came up with here.

Fire-Touched: believes that to properly make the decision between being joining the Pure & joining the Forsaken, one must know all sides to a story.
            He regularly volunteers to tell the stories, myths, & legends of the Uratha people whomever will listen, with the understanding that he will not limit himself to one sides interpretation.

Ivory Claw: the purity that the Ivory Claw believes in is purity of motive & of purpose.
            This has resulted in him going after police who abuse their authority when they should be doing their job "serve & protect", as well as rapists who claim they rape because of lust or because "she was asking for it".
            He is honest about what he does & why he does it when asked.

Predator King: The Predator King is the alpha of this pack. He is very strong on a physical level but is fundamentally aware of his own limitations.
            He is aware that the territory he currently has is bordering on the absolute limit of what he can control & actively avoids reaching for more. He also maintains positive relations with the local Forsaken packs, helping ensure that he doesn't have to worry about his borders as much & can focus more attention on potential foes & threats coming from inside his territory.

I apologize for making all three of them guys. I unfortunately did that on reflex. With that in mind, I do not consider their gender identities or physical gender to be set in stone if anyone wants to use them.

Comment

In the previous post, when I bring up "physical gender" I am referring to what equipment they/you/etc. have.
              If anyone decides to make the argument that with the Wolf Gift Luna's Embrace anyone can correct themselves so that the external & the internal match, I say, that yes anyone can, doesn't mean everyone will.
              There are a number of reasons why an Uratha wouldn't use Luna's Embrace including denial & social circumstances won't allow for it. One reason why the Pure specifically wouldn't use it is the name, it's called Luna's Embrace.

Comment

Just make a decent person and then make them Pure.

Like, a survivalist Predator King who is an isolationist/survivalist but not a monster. Or a conservationist. The only requirement is that they respect the hunt, and honour nothing of human craft (which has a wide variation of interpretations. One PK might just not buy anything but practical items - nothing *special* - they're just things, one might make everything himself, one might consider honour to mean 'rely', one might interpret it to mean 'value'.

Fire-touched are easy. Just make a priest and give him slightly weirder beliefs, or a pious man, or a missionary, or a congregant.

Ivory Claw might be the easiest. Just make their purity angle more about family than racism and you're good. Family is everything. Think Fast and the Furious, Mafia/Yakuza, Italian Grandmothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Amravanti View Post
                  Just make a decent person and then make them Pure.

Like, a survivalist Predator King who is an isolationist/survivalist but not a monster. Or a conservationist. The only requirement is that they respect the hunt, and honour nothing of human craft (which has a wide variation of interpretations. One PK might just not buy anything but practical items - nothing *special* - they're just things, one might make everything himself, one might consider honour to mean 'rely', one might interpret it to mean 'value'.

Fire-touched are easy. Just make a priest and give him slightly weirder beliefs, or a pious man, or a missionary, or a congregant.

Ivory Claw might be the easiest. Just make their purity angle more about family than racism and you're good. Family is everything. Think Fast and the Furious, Mafia/Yakuza, Italian Grandmothers.
                  Well, i m italian and thanks to you now i can t stop imagining my 80 years grandma as a ferocious werewolf armed with a wooden slipper

Comment

Krat05 I like all three of your characters. If I played an Uratha (either a Forsaken or another Anshega), I could totally see her listening to the Fire-Touched tell stories, crushing on the Ivory Claw (from a distance; the Litany wouldn’t let her get too close) and maybe bonding over hunting experiences with the Predator King.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                      Krat05 I like all three of your characters. If I played an Uratha (either a Forsaken or another Anshega), I could totally see her listening to the Fire-Touched tell stories, crushing on the Ivory Claw (from a distance; the Litany wouldn’t let her get too close) and maybe bonding over hunting experiences with the Predator King.
                      Thanks.
                      The road to their creation was long & twisted according to my memory. In creating them, I wasn't just trying to make Pure that were decent people, I was trying to make Pure that Forsaken packs could happily work with & create conflict when more regular Pure or Forsaken turned up.

Comment

I think it’s a fantastic idea. Hope your players like your Pure characters as much as I did.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by Krat05 View Post
                          I've decided to go over the decent Pure that I came up with here.

Fire-Touched: believes that to properly make the decision between being joining the Pure & joining the Forsaken, one must know all sides to a story.
                          He regularly volunteers to tell the stories, myths, & legends of the Uratha people whomever will listen, with the understanding that he will not limit himself to one sides interpretation.

Ivory Claw: the purity that the Ivory Claw believes in is purity of motive & of purpose.
                          This has resulted in him going after police who abuse their authority when they should be doing their job "serve & protect", as well as rapists who claim they rape because of lust or because "she was asking for it".
                          He is honest about what he does & why he does it when asked.

Predator King: The Predator King is the alpha of this pack. He is very strong on a physical level but is fundamentally aware of his own limitations.
                          He is aware that the territory he currently has is bordering on the absolute limit of what he can control & actively avoids reaching for more. He also maintains positive relations with the local Forsaken packs, helping ensure that he doesn't have to worry about his borders as much & can focus more attention on potential foes & threats coming from inside his territory.

I apologize for making all three of them guys. I unfortunately did that on reflex. With that in mind, I do not consider their gender identities or physical gender to be set in stone if anyone wants to use them.
                          It seems nearly everyone on this thread has misunderstood a few things or are subtly redefining what the Pure stand for.

The Fire-touched are devoted to truth and dogma, an irreconcilable contradiction for the sane. Hence the madness.

The Ivory Claws are into eugenics. That is what "purity" means. They are all but nazis.

Predator Kings are about the strong dominating the weak and the collapse of civilization.

And finally hatred and genocide tie them all together. This is all undeniable there and yet you ripped out the context and added your own definitions. If you explore decency in the Pure just know it is the same as exploring goodness in someone raised in a hate group, these details shouldn't be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Excess View Post
                            It seems nearly everyone on this thread has misunderstood a few things or are subtly redefining what the Pure stand for.

And finally hatred and genocide tie them all together. This is all undeniable there and yet you ripped out the context and added your own definitions. If you explore decency in the Pure just know it is the same as exploring goodness in someone raised in a hate group, these details shouldn't be ignored.
                            They changed a bit across editions. Shifts of focus that make them less torch-bearing evil goons across the board. You can still play them that way but they're not as limited by that. As shown by the examples in the second edition books, and the Pure sections. And the Playing the Pure blog which was included in a Dark Era book.

Comment

I agree with nofather.

Comment

Working...
                              X