No announcement yet.

Decent Anshega

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another two decent anshega that I've come up with. One a Fire-Touched & the other a Predator King.

A young, female Fire-Touched whose role model was revealed to be a Bale Hound. She took it very personally & now everything comes second to making the Maeljin & their servants hurt as much as possible.
    She feels a curious mixture of pity & admiration for the Forsaken. Pity because they are fighting a war they will inevitably lose, admiration because they haven't lost yet.

A Predator King in China who despite their constant flipping between male & female exteriors, identifies as non-gendered. They seek to find a way to make their exterior match their gender identity, in between hunting down & killing greedy poachers.

Comment

Following next are a pair of Ivory Claws from Eastern Europe. Their blurb felt rather long when I originally wrote it.

The Wolves of the Castle. The Mlakar Brothers. A pair of brothers of a family of Eastern European nobles, it is very obvious that they are related to each other. There is at most a two year age difference.
      When they went through the First Change the Pure dominated the region. The two of them ended up joining the Ivory Claws Tribe & started to make a name for themselves, intending to be the top dogs in time.
      Then disaster struck. Overnight, something slaughtered every other Pure in the region. Suddenly, the brothers goal had come true, in the worst way possible.
      Desperate for allies, the brothers searched for them & found a pair of Forsaken packs in search of territory. No one was particularly happy about it, but an agreement was made, & to this day all sides abide by it.
      Growing up, the brothers were instilled with a firm belief that with rights comes responsibilities. The elder inherited the position of the lord of the castle a couple of months before that night. He is a refined & poised individual with a very regal bearing. The younger is more carefree, but less than he had been before that night. Whereas the elder of the two rules as the lord of the castle, the younger one is a much more physical character.
      Among the many concerns the brothers have, the one that currently presses on their minds most of all is the need to find suitable wives. They have decided that what they are looking for in wives is wolf-blooded of a certain social standing who appear to be appropriate for their household. This search is proving rather hard unfortunately for them with their standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
        I remember reading acrozatim's (please tell me I got that name right) avatars of the first born. Reading about the avatar of Dire Wolf definitely gave him a lot more depth than people give him credit for.
        Close! Acrozatarim. In the books he's credited as Chris Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

Close! Acrozatarim. In the books he's credited as Chris Allen.
          Ahh ok, thank you! Damn, I really felt I got his name too lol

Comment

Krat05 I really like the female Fire-Touched. And I guess gender might not be that important to a Predator King whose whole life was dedicated to the Hunt.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Actually, nvm. I reread what you wrote. Gender is very important to them. They’re just not sure how best to express it.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

Silver-wolf's nobility was a thing before he became a Pure totem, before he was twisted by his torture, and acknowledged even by the Forsaken. From Lore of the Forsaken, 'Each of Urfarah’s Firstborn children was born to a different mother. Uratha legends say that among these female wolf-spirits, the most noble and regal mother bore in turn the most noble and regal child: Silver Wolf. The tales tell of a creature obsessed with keeping Pangaea pure of corrupting influence. Here was a silver-furred wolf Incarna so kingly in bearing that he believed he should lead the spirit wolf pack, even above Dire Wolf and Winter Wolf. Even above Urfarah himself. That was Hathis-Ur.' The entry goes on and on about his nobility before his twisting viewpoints, something understood by the Forsaken even if they are enemies.

The natural order of life has nothing to do with slavery. While it certainly promotes humans as prey, the Predator Kings are, again, not going around killing everyone in the world because they're not werewolves. 'The Ninna Farakh respect hunting to teach or hone skills, or to cull an overgrown population, but despise those who hunt only for sport.' Even human hunters can earn their respect providing they embrace the cycle. This stems from Dire Wolf's being an embodiment of primordial predators and hunters.

As has been pointed out, the Firstborn totems of the Pure put a piece of themselves inside every member of their tribe, bringing them closer to themselves and each other. From Shunned by the Moon, ' Carving away the Auspice brands leaves a void in the werewolf’s spiritual self which the Pure Firstborn saw as an opportunity to strengthen their followers and further their goals. When a Pure swears her tribal oaths, she binds herself to her chosen patron and invites the tiniest portion of its overwhelming essence to fill the wounded gaps in her spirit. In this way each Pure further expresses her patron’s nature, gaining a hunter’s aspect representative of that Firstborn. When an Anshega hunts, she is an avatar of her god.'

And Truth is one of the aspects of Rabid Wolf's being. Yes, while it gets twisted through all the layers of perspective between us and the world, the wolf himself is big on truth, and those layers are what adds to his other aspects, like madness. I did not say 'All Pure represent Truth,' or even just one of them, but as a tribe the Fire-Touched has a focus on truth that even shows through their ban.

Your first post accused people of 'redefining what the Pure stand for' but they've always been more than a shallow handwave of evil. The books themselves have done this. That people have embraced certain condemnatory aspects of them and refused to acknowledge others just points to their doctrine not being as alien as people think.
                Even if Silver-Wolf's nobility was a thing that doesn't mean He isn't despotic. His nobility is no more.

Slavery is a part of the natural order. Many things thought unique to humans are in fact common in nature, from tool use to rape to genocide. That rage and forgiveness and trust and its loss exist in other animals shows that they can hold each other accountable like we do. Should we give the Pure a pass for using this as an excuse? No. Predator Kings reject modernity too much. Humanity can no longer go back to being hunter-gatherers without dire atrocity like death in the billions. The answer to climate change will ultimately require a technological solution. The Predator Kings don't care about anything of that and their demands are not reasonable. They ARE thugs.

So what if Truth is one of Rabid-Wolf's aspects? That doesn't resolve the contradiction, now that I think about it... He is a magath probably. At least the theory explains much. My larger point of people redefining what the Pure are still stands. I have read the the source books, yes, including "The Pure". That is exactly why I make that accusation. I know they have nuances and those are not compelling to me. That is why this thread is mind-boggling. People here are redefining the broad sounding ideals of the Pure by removing the Pure's context, the Pure's interpretation of those words.

Comment

Excess, I’m not sure if you are trying to troll or are just willfully ignorant. Your views on this issue are incorrect and unsupported except by the most narrow interpretation of some of what is published while ignoring the rest of what is printed - including more recent material.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                    Excess, I’m not sure if you are trying to troll or are just willfully ignorant. Your views on this issue are incorrect and unsupported except by the most narrow interpretation of some of what is published while ignoring the rest of what is printed - including more recent material.
                    The inclinations here are supported. I don't trust the grounding or interpretation presented.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                      I feel like I am surrounded by hypocritical trolls. Of all the game lines werewolf is the one I explored the most. I eventually explored the other gamelines because they were right next to werewolf.

Maybe I should draw a parallel.

For example the abrahamic religions have texts that defended genocide, rape, lying, child abuse, animal abuse, theft, witch hunts and eternal torture. Now centuries of losing influence has taken its toll, Christianity and Judaism are forced to play nice and there are even sects who twist scripture into weeping knots so they can believe in a compassionate God.

Then there is the matter of secrecy and theocracy. The mighty Catholics hid the massive pedophilia scandal and cults like jehovah's witnesses and the children of god hide horrific abuse. Islam has a theocracy, with many countries adopting Sharia laws. All evidence shows that once they don't have to justify themselves to secularism the results are always traumatic.

None of what I just wrote can be disputed for they are factual, yet despite all that I can see the nuances. I used to be Mormon , raised in a church that excused my abusive father's behavior, yet the congregation were raised in the church too with no more choice than me. I am aware that people pick and choose what scriptures to take seriously to avoid the horrid immorality. I am aware that some muslims try to reform Islam despite the real risk of execution, escaping to our nation whose people disingenuously labels criticism of Islam as "Islamophobia".

I am not your strawman you liars, nor do I strawman. The Pure differ from the Abrahamic religions as they are completely secret, becoming nazis. I am aware that there are some rare circumstances that cause the two sides to form a tenuous peace where, prolonged, cause greater understanding on both sides. I remember a lodge dedicated to rescuing the pure from hateful indoctrination and seeing them with compassion. I am aware of their nuance.

Bunyip - I have read your comments accusing me of being ignorant of second edition and insisting that i argued that the pure are two dimensional cut outs. You are wrong, I have read every book in second edition. I think I may have read every book ever in the gameline. I never argued that they are without nuance.

There is value for looking for the empathy in hate groups, my point was never against that, but if you don't know what my actual point is by now then I don't know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        The inclinations here are supported. I don't trust the grounding or interpretation presented.
                        Whose inclinations?

Comment

Originally posted by Excess View Post

I feel like I am surrounded by hypocritical trolls.
                          Don't attack fellow posters.

Consider this your second infraction today.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Excess View Post

I feel like I am surrounded by hypocritical trolls. Of all the game lines werewolf is the one I explored the most. I eventually explored the other gamelines because they were right next to werewolf.

Maybe I should draw a parallel.

For example the abrahamic religions have texts that defended genocide, rape, lying, child abuse, animal abuse, theft, witch hunts and eternal torture. Now centuries of losing influence has taken its toll, Christianity and Judaism are forced to play nice and there are even sects who twist scripture into weeping knots so they can believe in a compassionate God.

Then there is the matter of secrecy and theocracy. The mighty Catholics hid the massive pedophilia scandal and cults like jehovah's witnesses and the children of god hide horrific abuse. Islam has a theocracy, with many countries adopting Sharia laws. All evidence shows that once they don't have to justify themselves to secularism the results are always traumatic.

None of what I just wrote can be disputed for they are factual, yet despite all that I can see the nuances. I used to be Mormon , raised in a church that excused my abusive father's behavior, yet the congregation were raised in the church too with no more choice than me. I am aware that people pick and choose what scriptures to take seriously to avoid the horrid immorality. I am aware that some muslims try to reform Islam despite the real risk of execution, escaping to our nation whose people disingenuously labels criticism of Islam as "Islamophobia".

I am not your strawman you liars, nor do I strawman. The Pure differ from the Abrahamic religions as they are completely secret, becoming nazis. I am aware that there are some rare circumstances that cause the two sides to form a tenuous peace where, prolonged, cause greater understanding on both sides. I remember a lodge dedicated to rescuing the pure from hateful indoctrination and seeing them with compassion. I am aware of their nuance.

Bunyip - I have read your comments accusing me of being ignorant of second edition and insisting that i argued that the pure are two dimensional cut outs. You are wrong, I have read every book in second edition. I think I may have read every book ever in the gameline. I never argued that they are without nuance.

There is value for looking for the empathy in hate groups, my point was never against that, but if you don't know what my actual point is by now then I don't know what to say.
                            You are still trying to bring people around to your way of thinking, after more than a month with no posts on this thread. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Krat05 View Post

You are still trying to bring people around to your way of thinking, after more than a month with no posts on this thread. Why?
                              Frankly I didn't notice that other people stopped coming here, I just came back here when I felt like it. Now I know there is nothing left for me here in this empty thread. There is little as disappointing as an argument that just fizzles out without resolution. Goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                                Errol216 idc. I like the idea of Pure werewolves who stay Pure but still manage to be basically good people. They are definitely the exceptions, but they shine even brighter because they are exceptions.

Krat05 as long as your players like them, that’s what really matters.
                                Thanks to whoever Liked this 😊

Comment

Working...
                                X