Oppertunities for Beats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oppertunities for Beats

I am currently STing a game with both a Vampire player and a Werewolf player.

The Vampire is humanity nine, meaning lots of things are sources of detachment and his strong resolve and composure means that he has resisted falling down to lower rungs. As a result, he is gaining beats at a considerably faster pace than the Werewolf.

She is currently Harmony 9, and I presumed would likewise be compelled to move towards Harmony Five but I've not found it comes up often. I think this might just be that I've been a fan of Vampire for longer.

Can I get some example stressors towards spirit for Werewolves that might afflict a newly-changed (but non-teen) ghost wolf? Any advice for keeping beat-rates similar, or am I over-reacting to a one-off situation for the vampire?

I should first point out that Harmony doesn't give you Beats for testing it.

That said, two of the big things for werewolves getting Beats are the Siskur-Dah and the extra Aspirations they get from belonging to packs and lodges.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

So being a new wolf without a pack, and still unfamiliar with the Spirit world means a slower start. Okay. At least I'm not playing it 'wrong' per se.

Comment

Another angle is the Condition(s) you get for flaring your Renown, but that's a bit sparser, especially early on.

There's also Bans from certain rites and dramatic failure results on a few Gifts, but that leans into particulars.

In general, unless you're angling to spend a long time in the Shadow on the regular, your best bet for shifting Harmony towards Spirit is to kill and/or eat a lot of people.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Working...
        X