The Witcher as an Uratha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher as an Uratha

Watching the TV show on Netflix and playing the game, I get a feeling that Geralt of Rivia would be a great idea for an Uratha. Here are my thoughts

He is a loner hunting down monsters by himself. Probably a Storm Lord. Most Monsters look pretty hideous so they are probably monstrous Claimed.

He has a silver sword just in case he needs to hunt other Uratha like himself.

He has a "pack", Dandelion would be a human and Yennifer would be a mage. Again, he is mostly a loner because he is a Storm Lord and does not seem to show any weakness.

He utilizes the bans and banes of his prey quite extensively.

It seems like a fairly good fit. He shows a great deal of restraint so he would probably stay in his human and Dalu forms the most so he could use his cunning to beat his prey rather than using his rage.

Totally, there's also the super senses. A lot of it is explained in world by alchemy and genetic alterations, but he's the 'White Wolf,' and even werewolves use alchemy and talens.

Comment

I love it!!! Or maybe a Ghost Wolf who doesn’t know his heritage.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Regarding crossovers, the final episode has an excellent Mage on Mage battle.

Comment

I would say he is a ghost wolf though. Storm Lords gather into packs as much as every other tribe. It's not admitting weakness, its smart

EDIT: surprised I got a like. Thought I was being g a but pretentious there.
          Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 06-10-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Primordial newcomer you got another one 😊

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Question: If Geralt is an Uratha, then what is his auspice?

Comment

Maybe Rahu?

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  Maybe Rahu?
                  That's probably the best answer. MAYBE Elodoth instead. But Rahu is what I best imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
                    He has a "pack", Dandelion would be a human and Yennifer would be a mage
                    Side note: First reading about Dandelion I was 'urgh, who is it in Witcher franchise? I did not remember anyone from saga I read 20 years ago'. And then I checked wikia and it seems that original in Polish bard Jaskier ( named after Ranaculus plant ) is translated in English as Dandelion ( i.e. Taraxacum ). Hmmm....

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

wyrdhamster dandelion sounds sexier

Comment

He seems pretty clearly an Irraka Talon to me. Like the OP said, he uses cunning to beat his prey.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                        An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                        Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

For some reason, I can also think of him as an Ithaeur since he is very knowledgeable about banes and bans. However, he is well invested in combat abilities.

Comment

Tbh, there's a point at which you're honestly just describing a Generic Witcher being a Generic Urdaga.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                            An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                            Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Well...Looks like we have another season to look forward to continue this debate!

Comment

Working...
                              X