Lunacy question on mortals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunacy question on mortals

I know how the Lunacy is supposed to be applied, however, I think I may have missed some stuff.

Last game, shit hit the fan. In the end, 3 Raging Werewolves ended up kicking each other asses. Well, it was a 2 vs 1 actually. However, all 4 of them where in gauru. The sad part, and interesting part also, was the fact that at start of the fight, there was also 3 normal human, and one wolf blooded. All of them manage to get away. However, when its time for me to make the lunacy roll, how do I calculate the penalty ?

Normaly, penalty to that roll is calculated based on the Primal Urge score and the form. However, when they are like... 3 gauru in the same room, does that rolls need to be made 3 times, or does it need to be made only once, but with a heavier penalty ?

What is the answer to that, and if there are no answer, what are your view on this ?

The first thing that stuck out was the raging werewolves fighting each other. When werewolves hit Kuruth, they don't attack other werewolves in gauru, since it's sort of a non-finisher and they're on killing instinct now. I appreciate you may have been just describing it as raging when they may have just been in gauru, not Kuruth.

Second, wolf-blooded don't have to make Lunacy rolls.

Then since there's three werewolves, you should probably have them make one roll per human for the whole encounter, but if someone fails (and their Condition ends up making them 'react' at the source of the Lunacy) tie it to all three of the werewolves. I'd suggest working off the highest Primal Urge among the wolves, as well. Also remember they would get a +2 as they were in a group, providing they were working together on it. You might decide to balance that reaction out for the number of werewolves involved.

Comment

Lunacy is just modified breaking points. After the action, roll once per character. If suffered multiple breaking points, choose the worst one and then modify it appropriately (using the sample modifiers for Lunacy, not the ones for regular breaking points unless you want a fail fest). Multiple examples of the same breaking point can be a valid modifier, but it's up to the group to decide.
      In this case the base modifiers would be -2 for seeing a werewolf in Gauru and +1 for being in a group. If you want to penalise the roll because of multiple werewolves in Gauru, I suggest -1.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

To clarify, One of the 3 werewolf was not a packmate. That werewolf was a little more stronger and add more experience than the other 2. He was an NPC enemy, under influence of a mystic power that affected him so badly that he exploded in rage. He had a score of primal Urge 2. He entered Deathrage. The other 2 where packmates wit the wolf blooded, but not with the humans, and where trying to protect themselves, but also trying to protect the wolf blooded, that was trying to protect everyone, including the humans. Those 2 werewolves turned in Gauru, but did not enter death rage. Really a strange situation in a haunted manor. I know that wolf blooded are not subject to Lunacy. But the 3 other humans where, and they saw, heard, smell, and got even probably sprayed with blood since at the beginning of the action, they where quite close. So to make it short, cause I will not you everything, would be too long, I was bugged with the rules.

My question was how to rule that out for the humans ? Cause logic would tell that 3 "raging" werewolves, one in death rage, and 2 in Gauru, are probably more damaging with lunacy than 1. I was thinking about using the highest primal Urge to make a single roll, so I did. However I was asking myself if I was not going to add all the primal Urge together. Since in total it was a 4 primal Urge total, it would have imposed a penalty of -2. At the same time, it feels odd. Yet, if there was like 10 Gauru, making 10 rolls, one for each... is not the way to go, I think... do not know. At the same time, making 10 rolls, with many possibility to loose integrity may sound ok since any normal average joe, seign 10 gauru charging toward him would probably loose it and even have a heart attack... and one roll would not be enough to simulate that, even with a big penalty...

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          The first thing that stuck out was the raging werewolves fighting each other. When werewolves hit Kuruth, they don't attack other werewolves in gauru, since it's sort of a non-finisher and they're on killing instinct now. I appreciate you may have been just describing it as raging when they may have just been in gauru, not Kuruth.
          I know this is old, isn't true. Werewolves in the grip of Kuruth will attack other Uratha in Gauru. The only targets a werewolf in Kuruth will not attack is another uratha also suffering Kuruth. Everyone else are valid targets,
          Last edited by Heroofthemists; 11-03-2020, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X