Combat in Werewolf podcasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat in Werewolf podcasts

I have been following the podcasts Very angry Dogs and the Bitches of Brewery Park. Both are great! However, I am curious to see how they handle combat. I listened to about 4 podcasts and the closest I got to combat is when the brewery girls bit a spirit. Most of the storytelling seems like investigations. Are there any fight scenes I can tune into?

In Very Angry Dogs, I want to say video 4 but it might be 3, there's a pretty long battle against a variety of enemies. If you've already seen those, maybe 5? It's led up to in the previous one, they prepare for the assault and stuff. There's a tree with heads.
    Last edited by nofather; 10-19-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there's three significant fights in Very Angry Dogs story 1; the one with the tree with heads, a spiritual calling-out in the Shadow, and the one in the final session of the story arc.

Of course, I'm not really sure how well they'll come across for listeners - combats involve a lot of dice rolling etc and have definitely been fun for the players, but might be a bit of a drag for the audience. I'll be interested to hear what people think of 'em. The second fight is, iirc, at least fairly succinct.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Yeah the second fight was over in two rounds of combat

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
          Yeah, there's three significant fights in Very Angry Dogs story 1; the one with the tree with heads, a spiritual calling-out in the Shadow, and the one in the final session of the story arc.
          I listened to the first one, where they went to the estate owned by the old aunt Ivory Claw that passed away and they saw a big glass eye. How much further along is it? Episode 3 or 4?

Comment

The fight against the tree of heads started in episode 3 and ended in episode 4

Comment

I listened to chapter 3 and it was great, I can see how a variety of claimed can use their powers to make things difficult for werewolves. Super attributes to increase bice pools and defense. Fire elemental to cause 3 damage a round. Armor and home ground and regeneration can combine to make a claimed VERY hard to put down. Swift is great to run away, especially if the pack goes into Kuruth (unless the werewolves have hunters unmatched pursuit). I am curious about that tooth wrack power, though it sounds like a Beast nightmare. Overall, it was a good show, keep up the good work.

Comment

Glad you liked it! The Tooth Wrack was just creative use of Influence (Teeth) 3; I ad-hoc'd a Tilt to deny the bite damage bonus as the effect.

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
                  Glad you liked it! The Tooth Wrack was just creative use of Influence (Teeth) 3; I ad-hoc'd a Tilt to deny the bite damage bonus as the effect.
                  Yea, I had a feeling that was an influence. It shows how influences can be used in a creative fashion. It would be fun to get a rage or anger spirit to pump up the Uratha to Kuruth and then you would really have a party.

BTW, did I miss something, or was the tree spirit not in the fight in episode 3? Or is that in episode 4?

Comment

The Tree of Heads itself is not actually a combatant, but iirc they do tackle the problem of what to do with it in episode 4.

Comment

Working...
                    X