No announcement yet.

Monster Mash 2021 - Round 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intriguing choices but I'll have to go D.

Comment

A has some intriguing potential.

Comment

B. When in doubt, go with the nuclear option.

Comment

I will Vote for C

Comment

It'll be a A for me... Because I like Ghost Wolves !

Comment

Gotta vote D, if only to see whether it means "Beshilu that makes zombies" or "Beshilu that resembles a zombie".

Consistently Inconsistent
              Website
              She/Her

Comment

I'm going to go with D, just got me curious

Comment

Will close polling tomorrow and get writing!

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

And option C takes the win! I will get to writing and should have it up fairly soon.

A) Ghost Claimed Ghost Wolf - 3
                    B) Radiation Claimed Monster - 4
                    C) King of the Silver Court - 8
                    D) "Zombie" Belishu - 4

Round 2 is up for Changeling!
                    Last edited by Second Chances; 09-25-2021, 03:45 PM.

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                      And option B takes the win! I will get to writing and should have it up fairly soon.

A) Ghost Claimed Ghost Wolf - 3
                      B) Radiation Claimed Monster - 4
                      C) King of the Silver Court - 8
                      D) "Zombie" Belishu - 4

Round 2 is up for Changeling!
                      Wouldn't that be option C?

EDIT: my apologies, I must be seeing things
                      Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 09-25-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Shhhhh, you saw nothing! XD

100% meant C.

Comment

If spirits naturally resistant to werewolves are haughty little jerks, silver spirits are the haughtiest of them all. They congregate around mines and jewelers’ workshops, preening over their metallic, twisting forms. They aren’t immune to the Uratha, but it hurts like hell to bite them. Modern Bone Shadow and Iron Masters prefer engaging them at range with sniper rifles and shotguns, but the silver ilthum still has a chip on its shoulder.

The King of Silver is a massive owl made of delicate silver filigree with three heads and nine wings. While it is not impaired in any way by the loss, its eyes are missing and its sockets ooze acanthite sludge. What this says about the exact relationship between the King and Hathis-Ur’s silver-eyed owls is unclear. Much like Luna, the King is mercurial and ever-changing, but its patterns are more difficult to predict than Father Moon’s phases.

While the King remains wary werewolves, it will occasionally aid packs bold enough to approach it. The Ivory Claws seek out the King and its brood for their sadomasochistic experiments, using silver essence as a purifying scourge. The Iron Masters also receive a greater degree of tolerance than the rest of the People. The King has a great love for humanity, who refine silver from base ores and worship it with their crafts. Without humans, it would never have become an Incarna. The King respects the Farsil Luhal for honouring humanity as their Sacred Prey in the hunt.

The King of Silver is a master of dozens of rites, driving werewolf packs to seek it out as a mentor. It is well known as a fetish-crafter, but it also knows many more obscure rituals. It doesn’t seek out to humiliate packs pursuing its knowledge but does test their boundaries. It is rumoured that the King served as the totem for at least two packs - one Urdaga and one Anshega - but these stories never end well for the werewolves involved.

The King of Silver
                          Rank 5 Silver Spirit
                          Attributes: Power 15 Finesse 15 Resistance 11
                          Willpower: 10
                          Initiative: +26
                          Defence: 15
                          Speed: 40
                          Size: 10
                          Corpus: 36
                          Influences: Silver 3, Wealth 2
                          Numina:Awe, Blast, Drain, Entropic Decay, Mortal Mask, Regenerate, Seek, Speed, Silver Blessing, Silver Smith, Wolfsbane
                          Manifestations: Twilight Form, Discorporiate, Gauntlet Breach, Image, Materialize, Possess
                          Ban: The King of Silver must grant a boon to anyone who crafts 99 silver objects by hand in one month.
                          Bane: Sulfur taken from a volcano that erupted with the last 24 hours.

New Numan - Silver Smith: When crafting Fetishes from spirits of wealth or metal, the King of Silver receives 8-again. If the spirit is also a silver spirit, it achieves an exceptional success on three successes. By spending five Essence, the King bestows this benefit on a werewolf as a Condition that resolves when the boon is used. By spending three Essence, the King can perceive the environment around any Fetish it helped craft.
                          New Numan - Silver Blessing: By spending a Willpower, the King can bestow the Inspired Condition on a willing target. While the Condition lasts, silver coins appear out of nowhere as the subject needs them, granting two additional dots of resources.
                          New Numan - Wolfsbane: Werewolves (and other creatures with sliver as a Bane) suffer a -5 Penalty in Clash of Wills and contested rolls against the King.
                          Last edited by Second Chances; 09-25-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I think you meant “one urdaga and one anshega” in the last sentence of the “Background’ paragraphs? And Numen are misspelled as Numan?

Does Silversmith’s surveillance power work on fetishes the King itself created?

MtAw Homebrew:
                            Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
                            New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                              I think you meant “one urdaga and one anshega” in the last sentence of the “Background’ paragraphs? And Numen are misspelled as Numan?

Does Silversmith’s surveillance power work on fetishes the King itself created?
                              Gah, that's what I get for not checking my style guide and going on memory. Happens to the best of us.

The intent is that it works on both those personally crafted and those that used its boon.

Comment

Was just rereading the King’s profile; does the number 99 hold any symbolic significance?

MtAw Homebrew:
                                Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
                                New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Working...
                                X