Winter Murder Floofs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Murder Floofs

A few days late since I have been wrangling a munchkin at home rather than being online. Happy Holidays!

As much as spirits resent werewolves, the Uratha also intrigue them, often resulting in strange bedfellows. The darskol are one such group of spirits; frozen predators enthralled with their half-spirit cousins who often act as Spiritual Touchstones for packs living in Arctic regions. Shock white and wolf-sized with three tails, they otherwise appear to be large house cats at a glance. Anyone unfortunate enough to get an up-close look at their teeth and claws sees they are ice instead of keratin and that there are three rows of each where there should be one. These spirits prefer the Irraka and Iron Masters for their stealth and favoured prey, but they are amenable to any high-Cunning werewolf. Of course, that also means they can be overly friendly with the Fire-Touched, but that is the price of dealing with spirits. The Killing Cold choir doesn’t care about the half-breeds’ war, only about the hunt and the death that comes under the snowy night sky.

Yule Cat (Killing Cold, Darskol)
    Rank 2 Predator Spirit
    Attributes: Power 6 Finesse 5 Resistance 3
    Willpower: 8
    Essence: 15
    Initiative: +8
    Defence: 5
    Speed: 15 (Species Factor 4)
    Size: 4
    Corpus: 9
    Influences:* Cold •, Predators ••
    Numina: Awe, Drain, Innocuous, Pathfinder
    Manifestations: Gauntlet Breach, Materialize, Twilight Form
    Ban: Must stop to eat at any seasonal feast it encounters.
    Bane: Newly gifted clothes.
    *Yes, this is more Influences that a Rank 2 should have, but a bunch of spirits in Shunned also have more than their rank in Influence, so I'm cool** with it.
    **Pun tax.

Once, the Jólakötturinn was an ordinary cat, terrorizing mice, hunting birds, stalking the night, and manipulating humans into caring for it. A spirit of silence sunk its claws into the feline, angling to use its host’s nighttime routine to slink through the village unnoticed, but something went wrong. A thing, terrifying and alien even by the spirit’s standards, peered into the host’s soul, making it a magnet for other would-be joyriders. Another spirit came, then another, and another, and soon the cat was no normal duguthim, but a Hive-Claimed monstrosity the size of a bear. Now the mice it hunts are the humans who stumble into winter night unprepared, losing themselves in the blizzard. Even Uratha are no more than rats to it - bigger, more dangerous, capable of putting up a fight, but prey nonetheless. It is an insult to the natural order and spits in the face of Skolis-Ur directly - Winter Wolf may be stronger than Jólakötturinn, but it is far from the only predator stalking the winter nights.

Jólakötturinn
    Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 8, Resolve 6; Strength 13, Dexterity 9, Stamina 11; Presence 5, Manipulation 2, Composure 6
    Skills: Investigation 2, Occult 3, Athletics 3, Brawl 3, Stealth 4, Survival 3, Animal Ken 2, Intimidation 3
    Merits: Indomitable
    Willpower: 10
    Essence: 43
    Health: 18
    Initiative Modifier: +15
    Defense: 13
    Size: 7
    Speed: 29
    Influences: Cold •, Isolation •, Silence ••
    Dread Powers: Beastmaster (Cats), Hypnotic Gaze, Leap, Swift
    Weapons/Attacks:
    Type Damage Dice Pool
    Bite +2 L 16
    Claw +1 L 16

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Influences:* Cold •, Predators ••
    Numina: Awe, Drain, Innocuous, Pathfinder
    Manifestations: Gauntlet Breach, Materialize, Twilight Form
    […]
    *Yes, this is more Influences that a Rank 2 should have, but a bunch of spirits in Shunned also have more than their rank in Influence, so I'm cool** with it.
    **Pun tax.
    I'm not one to deny the pun tax, but this is a perfectly legal statblock for a Rank 2 spirit — extra Influence dots or Manifestations can come out of the allocatable Numina, and you've left a spare one of those free to buy the third total Influence dot.

It'd be a different matter if you were raising an Influence above the spirit's Rank, but you can totally have spirits with more Influence dots than their Rank — the inability to do so is a specific limitation of Goetia/Dreamborn in Mage and Beast compared to other ephemeral beings, including spirits.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
      I'm not one to deny the pun tax, but this is a perfectly legal statblock for a Rank 2 spirit — extra Influence dots or Manifestations can come out of the allocatable Numina, and you've left a spare one of those free to buy the third total Influence dot.

It'd be a different matter if you were raising an Influence above the spirit's Rank, but you can totally have spirits with more Influence dots than their Rank — the inability to do so is a specific limitation of Goetia/Dreamborn in Mage and Beast compared to other ephemeral beings, including spirits.
      Ah, that's what I was thinking of. My brain is particularly muddled these days XD

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Working...
      X