X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic 1001 Loci

1001 Loci

When you don't have idea what could Loci be on your chronicle territory. Or just need Locus for Pure pack the players will fight on quick session. This topic is for you!

My Locus is half frozen waterfall in mountain that is also keyed Verge - on first rays of sun, for only 15 seconds, frozen water become stuff of Shadow Realm and when you sink in, you will awoke on shore in Other. As I'm more for emotional Loci, and this is clearly more natural one - what would you advise as Resonance for this frozen waterfall Loci?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-11-2017, 02:49 AM.

• The young man in the cafe
    replied
    For my savannah setting:

The Julliette Gordon Low House

the resonance of this historic home, and the birthplace of the founder of the Girl scouts is mostly flavored with the sweet scent of girlhood along with helpings of feminism and a strong taste of cookies and salesmanship and the local uratha hold the taste of the essence in this home to be every bit as addicting as the scouts's famous cookies. The Girl scouts themselves are fully aware of all this, being in a city where pushing the limits of the masquerade to drive up tourism is the norm, and have a special all-uratha troop/pack stationed in the house, who charge non-scouts money for the essence

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Topic necromancy, as I look for some good ideas on Loci to use in my Swedish game. I need a Locus in waterfront of Stockholm's lake bay. Interesting is Nicias idea of docks, but from what I know about area, it's more tourists and sightseeing spot in general. I cannot also find precise 'history important' place for Loci, but have some of them that could be but I'm not sure if they work with game setting/mechanics of Locus. Here is list, maybe you can point me what could be Loci in CoD universe - or propose something thematic from waterfront general location.I suppose that City Hall and TV towers are bad ideas on Loci, as they are constantly full of people with conflicting emotions, so they would let to go for the one constant Resonance needed for Locus.

Arch Bridge is also have many people in it, but I would much more see they generate more constant Resonance of Crossing ( to other side ), making it becoming Locus more plausible - but then, if it was Locus, there would be some people vanishing on it, to be send to Shadow Realm from time to time.

Bell tower is, from what I understand, much more appropriate as Locus, with being generally separated from overall human population and clearly marked by Resonance of Faith. Am I right?

Leave a comment:

• NateD
    replied
    Originally posted by Andonno View Post
    All kinds of great stuff...
    Melbourne FTW! Also -- TOTALLY cribbing this!

On that note, the station's disused second story definitely needs a mention, too - http://blogs.cv.vic.gov.au/flinders-...-041111023.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Andonno
    replied
    On the corner of Flinder's and Swanston lies the Station, the beating heat of the city. Each day over a quarter million people pass through its main arch, sucking in blood from the city's suburbs to feed to organs of the city, while revelers from the night before struggle home half-conscious. Each night the blood is exchanged, exhausted workers return home and pass the revelers ready to bleed into the city night.

Two-hundred fifty thousand pass through that one arch. Two-hundred fifty thousand people meet friends and colleagues under the time-table clocks. Two-hundred fifty thousand people, for whom the Station is the city. First and last sight before vibrancy vanishes into the cookie-cutter monotony of cul-de-sacs and McMansions. The essence dripping from those archway clocks is thick and frenzied. The essence of the city itself. During celebrations, economic booms, the Grand Final, the locus' frenzy is celebratory, to feast on it is to become the party, eat, drink and be merry. When times sour, when recession sweeps or gangland murders grip the city, the locus turns to desperation, it is to grasp at need, a job, safety, food for one more day.

None can say how potent the locus is however. For so tied is the Station to the city, so strongly do the people who pass through that arch think of it as the city, that the spirit of the Station has become the spirit of the city. When the spirits hold court they do so in the Station foyer. When wolves come to entreat with the spirits of the city, they do so under those old clocks.

God-Machine help any wolf who seeks to sup from the chalice of the cities monarch.

Leave a comment:

• Barbrarilen
    replied
    The watertower on the far end of town has been blocking that spot on the horizon for decades, now. The unlucky sort who drive into the city for work all pass it on the highway, the kids all gesture towards it when they're talking about 'finally getting out of the sticks', animals don't face the sun when they're lying down to die - they point towards the tower like its Mecca.

When the town is optimistic, that water tower is hope and desire and the promise of a better tomorrow. When the town is bitter, that tower is resentment and frustration and the weight that keeps everyone pinned down in this burg from birth to death.

There's a big ruckus going on with the city council and that newly-elected representative who has a real 'plan' for the town, to 'revitalize' it. Of course that decrepit old tower has to be replaced. What resonance is the tower giving off these days? Why would she want to stop it?

Leave a comment:

• Nicias
    replied
    The docks are huge. World trade goes by sea, and the region's trade goes through this port - and one dock in particular. For over forty years, one looming ship-to-share crane has always been efficient, and supposedly never broken. Dockworkers always try to get assigned there because it's always the best gig, but they're hardly the only ones - as one of the largest loci in the city, the dock draws more than its share of attention. Werewolves and other, shadier gauntlet-hoppers use the locus to smuggle goods in and out of the country. Contraband goods that double as touchstones are commonly swapped favors between local packs. In the Shadow, meetings and negotiations are often held inside the ephemeral echoes of shipping containers.

The resonance of the locus is defined mostly by the thick, overwhelming taste of trade, though there's some bits of wealth, travel, water, steel, and technology in the mix somewhere. It's all controlled by a powerful, worldly, and downright chatty spirit who calls itself Merchant-Marine. Happy to trade essence, information, and stranger things, he's a friend to many - until he's pushed, and it becomes clear just how many favors he has to call in, not least with the powerful spirits of sea and shipping that wait at the water's edge.
    Last edited by Nicias; 06-15-2014, 05:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• That Other Guy
    replied
    Every summer neighbourhood kids come to this particular fire hydrant to cool off. The police never even caution them for doing it, and each generation looks at the younger ones with smiles and nostalgia

Possible Resonances: Cleansing, Refreshment, Nostalgia, Carelessness

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Oh wow. I hate iPads, none of the paragraphs came through when it posted

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    An example from my current play test game. Once, the forest was wide and deep, and the forest spirit revelled in the essence of its powerful reflection. Over the centuries, humans came and, with axes then later mechanised tools, they cut it into a patchwork of smaller woodlands. The embattled spirit was weakened as a city grew up where once its domain had stretched. The humans called this new place Wroclaw, or Breslau, or other names further back in history that are largely now forgotten or unused. The city's own spirit courts thrived. Amongst the few shreds of woodlands still standing, almost absorbed by the growing borders of the city, the old forest heart stood - an ancient tree, the spirit noble's anchor. Increasingly starved of essence, the forest spirit fell into a withering decline. When the Siege of Breslau devastated the area, an incendiary weapon landed in the woodland, washing the ancient tree and its surroundings in devastating flame. The raw destructive power of the incendiary combined with the spiritual focus of the woods to form a minor locus of fire. The ancient tree was reduced to a scorched, added, twisted skeleton of charred branches. The forest noble, so desperate for essence, embraced this new change to its home. It has avoided becoming a true magathdue to wood's flammable nature, but has been changed by this traumatic experience; now it is the Burning Tree, a scorched tree of glimmering embers and smoking bark in the Shadow. So desperate is it to rekindle it's former power and glory that it spends much of it's me dormant, absorbing and storing essence. When it wakes, it uses it's influences to try and stir the growth of fire. The grove around the old, scorched tree usually has fairly fresh ashes reform some local teenagers burning a little firepit, it's littered with cigarette ends and anyone looking to indulge a touch of pyromania tends to burn stolen cars around the woodland's edge. The local werewolf pack use the locus as their meeting ground and primary source of essence. Their totem, a stag spirit called Swift Bloodied Splendour, is a reflection of the deer that still live in the patchwork woods that Wroclaw is consuming; it is using the Burning Tree's slothful dormancy and hoarding of Essence to raise it's own status amongst the spirits of the are rates, with the intent of eventually supplanting the old forest spirit.

Leave a comment:

• Lyrics Of War
    replied
    Which is why its the center of a 'death centric' group of young goths throughout the ages at the local high school.

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by Lyrics Of War View Post
    There is an old oak tree in the neighborhood. A town fixture really. People have carved their initials in the tree, proposed and even married under it. All the resulting emotions over the decades has turned it into a loci...
    Little know fact of that tree. Back in the 1800s, it was used for lynching as well.

Leave a comment:

• Barbrarilen
    replied
    Old Man Cooper loved that old Benz. He drove it until the arthritis got to be too much for him to turn the wheel. Then he would be out there three, four times a week with bucket and hose and an old shirt for a washrag. When he died, his son moved in and put it up on blocks - little bit of an addict, he takes the bus to the city when he works, so that old car has been rusting away in the front for... Ages now, really. That's the problem with this neighborhood, it used to be better, when you could spend your Sunday driving around. This place was better before everyone started dying off, moving out... Things go bad when you don't take care of them - and nothing goes sour faster than the mix of an old man's love and a young man's neglect, am I right?

Leave a comment:

• Lyrics Of War
    replied
    There is an old oak tree in the neighborhood. A town fixture really. People have carved their initials in the tree, proposed and even married under it. All the resulting emotions over the decades has turned it into a loci...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X