Idigam Chronicle Weekly Discussion: Hunting Grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idigam Chronicle Weekly Discussion: Hunting Grounds

Found here: http://theonyxpath.com/choose-your-ground/ Stew speaks about what Hunting Grounds are for the Idigam Chronicle, and how the development blog will work going into the future.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Boo, I was hoping we'd have th locations spoiled for us! This is the chapter I'm mosted excited for, oddly enough; it was the best part of B&S for me. We know one of the three European locations is Bristol, we know the Japanese location is Tokyo, and we know the Australian location is in the middle of the Outback; that leaves two more European spots, two in the States, and one in the Middle East. Place your bets now!

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Baghdad, Denver ( or wherever the Rockies book was) and.... Boston!

Comment

Bristol is one of mine, as is one of the other European Hunting Grounds. The Hunting Grounds were a lot of fun to write and I hope you guys and girls enjoy them

Originally posted by Nyx View Post
        Baghdad, Denver ( or wherever the Rockies book was) and.... Boston!
        I don't think it's a massive spoiler to point out that Boston already has an entire Mage setting book about it and hence is probably an unlikely bet for a Hunting Ground

Generally, expect new stuff that hasn't been already covered elsewhere, with the exception of Tokyo.

- Chris Allen, Aberrant Line Developer, Freelance Writer

‚ÄčLike my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Australia sounds good! I'm excited for the rest. B&S really sealed the deal for Vampire with me, and while I appreciate the rules and powers-upgrades it's really the settings that are my favorite part of the book. They're little pre-packaged campaigns that I can instantly see play out.

Oh, go deal with those vengeance spirits again. Oh look, azlu pretending to be spider spirits. Wait, what's this? What're Americans doing here? Oh shit an Idigam-thing-whatever! Signal the Dreaming!

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
            Australia sounds good! I'm excited for the rest. B&S really sealed the deal for Vampire with me, and while I appreciate the rules and powers-upgrades it's really the settings that are my favorite part of the book. They're little pre-packaged campaigns that I can instantly see play out.

Oh, go deal with those vengeance spirits again. Oh look, azlu pretending to be spider spirits. Wait, what's this? What're Americans doing here? Oh shit an Idigam-thing-whatever! Signal the Dreaming!
            Thank you. Glad you like it.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Nyx View Post
              Denver ( or wherever the Rockies book was)
              I wish, but honestly the Rockies have more than enough material to work with already. Between the Manitou Springs QuickStart, the appendix in the original core book, Hunting Grounds: the Rockies, us Coloradans have plenty to draw from for locally set games. Much as I'd like to get even more, it really is time for somewhere else to get a chance.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I might like to see Texas have a hunting ground. Private property rights here are held sacrosanct, so it'd be a good way to highlight the possessiveness that Uratha feel for their territory.

Comment

El Paso's been a setting I've been thinking about doing a write up for for a couple of gamelines. Might poke it over the seven week break.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Well, in Australia there are some of the most poisonous spiders, so a large presence of Azlu would be understandable.

Comment

Here's hoping for Florida. I was a little disappointed to see no Africa or South/Central America. But I was pleased to hear about a Middle East locationI do suppose we are at least somewhat limited by the places the writers personally know about, and I appreciate wanting to aim for accuracy.

Anyways, I liked the write-up for Australia. The Fire-Touched seem a bit different, I got a kick out of the church flyer, and the sample NPCs, spirits and plot hooks seemed well handled.
                      Last edited by nofather; 07-19-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Awwww.... said for no African setting. Ah well, maybe next time!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                          El Paso's been a setting I've been thinking about doing a write up for for a couple of gamelines. Might poke it over the seven week break.
                          Choke-full of Pure, if Sacramento is any indicative (Hunting Grounds featured in The Pure book).

Comment

I must say, love what you've done.

Especially given how...poorly werewolf games have handled Aussie-land before (*cough*Rage Across Australia*hack*).

This is more than enough to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

Choke-full of Pure, if Sacramento is any indicative (Hunting Grounds featured in The Pure book).
                              Well i'll have to check it out then-somehow I never read that part of the Pure.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X