Happy Wolfidays to All

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Wolfidays to All

Has anyone heard of that famous pack of eight Uratha whose totem takes the shape of a bearded giant draped in red? A spirit of generosity and hunger, of gathering good things and reveling in them with those who are kin and those who have need?

Who are those eight Uratha, I wonder?

Originally posted by Barbrarilen View Post
    Has anyone heard of that famous pack of eight Uratha whose totem takes the shape of a bearded giant draped in red? A spirit of generosity and hunger, of gathering good things and reveling in them with those who are kin and those who have need?

Who are those eight Uratha, I wonder?
    We do not speak of the ninth, its senses filled with a bright bloody star of lifelong fraternal torment since its distant childhood.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

From what I've read, The vikings used to have cults worshiping wolf spirits who would reward their worshipers around this time of year.

And according to legend, those born on Christmas would be cursed to become werewolves by god because he was mad that a mortal had the gall to be born on the same day as his son.

And the wild chirstmas parties that the hounds of god would hold after their battles in Baltic legends... Actually there are a lot of Christmas related werewolf legends now that I think of it.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
        From what I've read, The vikings used to have cults worshiping wolf spirits who would reward their worshipers around this time of year.

And according to legend, those born on Christmas would be cursed to become werewolves by god because he was mad that a mortal had the gall to be born on the same day as his son.

And the wild chirstmas parties that the hounds of god would hold after their battles in Baltic legends... Actually there are a lot of Christmas related werewolf legends now that I think of it.

We need a picture of an Uratha wrapped up in tinsel and wrapping material with a lil' bow on top. In wolfy form, of course.

"I can haz Kibble 'n' Magath now??"

Comment

Originally posted by Sikla Alkis View Post

We need a picture of an Uratha wrapped up in tinsel and wrapping material with a lil' bow on top. In wolfy form, of course.

"I can haz Kibble 'n' Magath now??"
          Whoever provides it gets a First Tongue translation of the Christmas carol of their choice? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Barbrarilen View Post

Whoever provides it gets a First Tongue translation of the Christmas carol of their choice? :-)

I will deliver if such a picture is made.

Comment

Actually... it isn't as far fetched as you might think... One of the sources of Santa Claus is Odin, who DID ride out with a lot of wolves. His two hunting wolves most importantly, and the Valkyries were pictured as one of the following: Riding wolves, riding ravens, riding wolves with raven wings, or simply flying with raven wings.

So there's a lot of werewolf-friendly symbology in old Yule celebrations.

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post

That second one might be gun to mix with the "Hounds of God" legend.

Comment

Originally posted by ZealousChristian24 View Post
                  That second one might be gun to mix with the "Hounds of God" legend.
                  It's not Wod related, but I'm working on a novel where I did mix those two legends. Basically, because so many werewolves in my novel's world are born on Christmas (specifically those born to two werewolf parents), the hounds of god don't even bother celebrating birthdays most of the time. The Christmas party is also a communal birthday party for those werewolves born on Christmas.

It's worth noting that there's also a Baltic legend about mistletoe (that which people kiss under on Christmas) forcing werewolves back into their human form. I'm not sure how one would fit that legend into the World of Darkness lore (maybe mistletoe is antithetical to luna's energies for some reason).

And finally, there are legends saying that wolves spend saint Nicholas day (December 6) in meditation, and won't attack a human even if provoked.
                  In the Wod, I imagine saint Nicholas day would be a day where werewolves's rage leaves them for some reason.
                  Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 12-14-2014, 08:11 PM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

On the first day of Christmas, my packmates gave to me.... A trophy made from my enemies!

On the second day of Christmas, my packmates gave to me... Two new daggers

On the third day of Christmas, my packmates gave to me... Three fetishes

Feel free to continue

Comment

I don't know about day four, but can I get a second for:
                      "Fiiiiiiiiiive pounds of meat!"

Comment

And a trophy made from my enemies

Two New Daggers

Three Fetishes

Four New Gifts

Fiiiiiiiiiive pounds of meat!

Six Pups-a-Changing

Seven War-Song Howlings

Eight Pure-a-Weeping

Nine Heads-a-Flying

Ten Spirits Binded

Eleven Shaman Blessings

Twelve Storm Lords Bowing

Comment

Well that was fast on the +1

Comment

+2 a bit slower

Comment

"Yuletide gale..."

So it is a Germanic holiday for Odin!

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                              X