X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbrarilen
    started a topic Happy Wolfidays to All

Happy Wolfidays to All

Has anyone heard of that famous pack of eight Uratha whose totem takes the shape of a bearded giant draped in red? A spirit of generosity and hunger, of gathering good things and reveling in them with those who are kin and those who have need?

Who are those eight Uratha, I wonder?

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    And a trophy made from my enemies

Two New Daggers

Three Fetishes

Four New Gifts

Fiiiiiiiiiive pounds of meat!

Six Pups-a-Changing

Seven War-Song Howlings

Eight Pure-a-Weeping

Nine Heads-a-Flying

Ten Spirits Binded

Eleven Shaman Blessings

Twelve Storm Lords Bowing

It may be literally three years later but... sure, why not

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...m-lords-bowing

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Kidnap Sandy CLAWS - perfect song for those Uratha that aim for highest Prey in this Season...

Leave a comment:

• Khanwulf
    replied
    Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post
    Actually... it isn't as far fetched as you might think... One of the sources of Santa Claus is Odin, who DID ride out with a lot of wolves. His two hunting wolves most importantly, and the Valkyries were pictured as one of the following: Riding wolves, riding ravens, riding wolves with raven wings, or simply flying with raven wings.

So there's a lot of werewolf-friendly symbology in old Yule celebrations.

Any legends of wolves with two sets of wings?

Just curious.

--Khanwulf

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Some Yule Time monsters - only most looks to me as much more Changeling antagonists than Werewolf Preys - but maybe you have some ideas on those beings for WtF?

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    Maybe the dragon picked up lore regarding serpents in Christianity, and decided Christmas is the most dramatically apt time to rampage? Especially if it’s confident that it can fake death and escape.
    Dragon Idigam IS created - at least in this version - from serpents/dragon myths of Christianity that is collecting them on it's way from Constantinopole to Uppsala in Sweden. There is strong theme of 'Christanity Invading North' in this chronicle.

But what ARE myths about Christmas in circa 800 A.D. in those times in Europe? Beside that Roman Christians just changed their Saturnalia for the Christmas celebration for convenience reasons, when Empire mass converted to Christianity.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Aside form Christmas, you do have the nearby Winter Solstice (in the Northern hemisphere, at least), where day is at its shortest and night its longest.

A hunt of Helions seems like it would provide some fortuitous omens for the oncoming Winter season.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I think about it, right now. I ran in a week next session in our Vikings game, with my Uratha PCs hunting on http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/1137943-2e-fear-of-scales-%E2%80%93-dragon-idigam"]Dragon Idigam[/URL]. Action takes place in February of 800 A.D. in (future) Sweden, so lot's of snow and trees. But how Dragons relates to Christmas, hmmm...

Maybe something with Yule traditions? It's Scandinavian in origin...
    Maybe the dragon picked up lore regarding serpents in Christianity, and decided Christmas is the most dramatically apt time to rampage? Especially if it’s confident that it can fake death and escape.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    I think about it, right now. I ran in a week next session in our Vikings game, with my Uratha PCs hunting on Dragon Idigam. Action takes place in February of 800 A.D. in (future) Sweden, so lot's of snow and trees. But how Dragons relates to Christmas, hmmm...

Maybe something with Yule traditions? It's Scandinavian in origin...

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    By the might of Death Wolf, let this thread Hunt again...

So, is anyone doing anything special this Wolfiday?

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    "'Twas the night before Huntsmas, and outside the Lodge"
    "Every spirit was moving, trying to get out of dodge..."

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Well, I guess the Holidays leave us all Warm and Fuzzy inside...

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    It's the gift that keeps on eviscerating!

Leave a comment:

• Thorbes
    replied
    Rahu.

Rahu everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• The young man in the cafe
    replied
    I know this thread is ancient, but i just want to point out that Christmas is a full moon this year. Which, given the many werewolf holiday legends mentioned in this thread, makes me think that Luna would be gifting a lot of rahus with the first change this year in the WoD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X