Souless Wolf as Urfarah remains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souless Wolf as Urfarah remains

Setting idea to talk about: What if Souless Wolf of Bale Hounds, Viruhk-Ur, is in reality, what left of Father/Mother Wolf after murder it by the First Pack?

We know that the Wolf was one of most powerful spirits in Pangea. We know that Firstborns of both Forsaken and Pure do not acknowledge even existence of Viruhuk-Ur. And even if Souless Wolf say that he is their "secret brother", there is something not right here - you even smell some lie here...

What if, when Urfarah murder were commenced, not all his spiritual existence ended? What if his... husk? Corpus? The "body" - what if sustained it life, somehow, by devouring the energies of the Wound it was created in. Only it lost it's meaning, it's "soul". As the being known as Urfaraf has been slain. Viruhuk-Ur now needed new role and propose, By absorbing the Wound resonance, he/she connected to Malejin's foul realm and become their massager. And Bale Hounds eater of sins...

All of this, to survive it's own death and still guide his/her Uratha children. In this vein Bale Hounds are true children of Urfarah, or at least what is now. And they are right in their mission, as they work for they own parent. I think this idea is nice to explore in game, however heretical it can feel.

What do you think? What would be implications of this truth behind the setting of Forsaken?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-05-2015, 05:27 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

I'm personally very very fond of soulless wolf as the 9th and the 9th tribe concept, BUT still a rad idea. You could always impliment it.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

Well, I run a Bale Hounds as 9th Secret Tribe. All Uratha assume they are just random cultists of sin. They do not know they "Firstborn" is sending commands to every cultist and that they could coordinate mass strike to the People - they just wait for the right time. And, generally, they are more interested in inflirtrating the Tribes as they are, to grow in numbers..

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

That's actually one of the cooler ideas I've heard in months.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Someone once mentioned their headcanon was that Viruhk-Ur suggested to the other firstborn that they attempt to resurrect Father Wolf, and they turned upon him and killed him at the affront.

Which was when the geist of Father Wolf came and offered him a second chance, and he resurrected as an actual Sin-Eater.

Then the others, with Kamduis-Ur's knowledge of necromancy, had the geist torn from him and ended once and for all. I think the connection behind this was the Sin-Eaters who had their geists shorn from them, the Vacant, being described as soulless.

Obviously no one thing was grand enough to fit the hole in his soul Father Wolf once filled, but the Maeljin saw his desperation and made a deal.

I took it for my own, though I've never used a Sin-Eater in my games if I did there'd probably be some sort of shout out to the whole thing.
          Last edited by nofather; 01-05-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Nofather, let me get this straight - Viruhk-Ur is some kind of Geist, or is not, according to this headcanon?

LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Technically he's the Sin-Eater (or was), and Father Wolf was the geist.

Comment

On yesterday session I used this idea and when PCs gone to Wound Realm that looked like mix of Inferno and Silent Hill's Otherworld - they meet the Souless Wolf. She introduced here as "mother" of them all and try to convince them to join her as "true family". She squabbled on their Totem spirit, Firstborns and the Father Moon that lead First Pack to murder her. And that she will eat all the sins of the PCs if their let her, and free them from Harmony. Players did not agree, but it was very interesting scene to run. ‚Äč

LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X