X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sikla Alkis
    started a topic If You Could Make A Werewolf Book

If You Could Make A Werewolf Book

The Dark Eras stuff we've voted on aside, if you could spearhead a Werewolf book, what would it be about?

For me: Changing Breed overhaul. Take all the stuff from Changing Breeds, run it through War Against the Pure's systems, and then convert to 2e. Remove any unnecessarily creepy or overbalanced elements (I'm looking at you, sections on relationships and were-elephants).

• Story Letter
    replied
    I vote for a book on high and mighty Uratha and new stuff about them, like merits powers or completely new rules and elements never seen before.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    I would personally like a book that was like Mirrors or Infinite Macabre, a sort of setting book that details possible future events for the Urdaga , Anshega, and Asah Gadar. Reimagining historical events is awesome, but the future always holds really fun possibilities xD

Maybe the Pure finally succeed and merge Spirit and Flesh back together ( Ala legend of Korra season 2 ), and the Forsaken now have to tailor the Oath in order to work WITH humanity in order to try to maintain what hilariously fragile balance that would remain.

Other futures could include a sort of inter planetary Protectorate far in the future, guarding the Herd from hostile alien spirit worlds.

another future where both factions are forced to reconcile and create a singular Uratha nation to protect their species from annihilation at the hands of a hostile humanity/ Shadow ( similar to the Shadow War plot in WATP)

A future where another reawakened First Born is discovered, leading to a war between Forsaken, Pure, and Ghost Wolves over who would be worthy of its patronage to create a new Tribe.

A hellish nightmare future where the Maeljin win, merging their realm with the Shadow and creating a planet wide Wound, with the Bale Hounds in ascendancy.

So many ideas for this one lol
    Last edited by Korogra; 01-13-2018, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    **Rite of Necromancy**

I've said it before and I'll say it again: a book on space. Hellion, Luna, Apollo (whatever it is), star spirits... even if your game remains entirely terrestrial, there are plenty of opportunities for space's Shadow to screw with the Forsaken.

+1 to a book about humanity in WtF. +1 to a book of Werewolf Dark Eras (hey, Hunter is getting one).

A Night Horrors book of Pangaeans would be awesome! I'd also love to see a book about Werewolves' relationship with technology, how they use it to their advantage, how it causes them problems, and the shenanigans tech spirits get up to.
    Last edited by Second Chances; 01-10-2018, 02:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SunlessNick
    replied
    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    My overall idea for how the books might play out would be:

Kinslayers<snip>
    Shadow Hunters<snip>
    Sacred Ground<snip>
    Watchdogs<snip>
    Heirs to the Hunt<snip>
    Could we add Nyx's idea:
    Originally posted by Nyx View Post
    I'd want to write something on the Ghost Wolves, tribeless, impure and in a world that hunts them. Just so much potential for awesome as it is the only "tribe" that really hasn't been explored in any great detail. Alternatively, I think a book of mechanical fluff, like how the senses would function post-change and other minor, overlooked details to add to the Uratha immersion.
    ... to this, since the second part of that - an exploration of werewolf physicality - would make a logical component of the first.

Leave a comment:

• Sikla Alkis
    replied
    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

As per my post above, email the people at the helm of OP I guess? I don't actually know for sure

I have something in the works to try and get this to happen. Watch the Werewolf forum.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by Llewyd42 View Post
    I'm in! Let's make some spirit magic happen!!
    But seriously, Acro those books would be fabulous. Point me in the direction of who I need to throw money at 😁😁
    As per my post above, email the people at the helm of OP I guess? I don't actually know for sure

Leave a comment:

• Llewyd42
    replied
    Originally posted by Sikla Alkis View Post
    I'm starting a petition thread. Who of the pack is with me?
    I'm in! Let's make some spirit magic happen!!
    But seriously, Acro those books would be fabulous. Point me in the direction of who I need to throw money at 😁😁

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post

So... to show how much I love the idea, do I reply here, or should I message someone official?
    You'd be best off messaging someone official as it's not likely they'll necessarily read this thread unless you point them at it

That said, be aware that:
    - I have no idea what books are currently planned for the Werewolf line.
    - They may have looked at my pitch and gone 'We don't want to do that because (good reasons X, Y and Z)'.
    - If you do send a message in, please be polite and pleasant in your enthusiasm for my pitch

Leave a comment:

• the_duck
    replied
    Originally posted by Raistlin View Post

Like this kind of Sorcerers?
    Heh, yeah something exactly like that, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Rahuman101
    replied
    I, too, stand with you. Let's make this happen.

Leave a comment:

• Cecoyotl
    replied
    I would love to see a whole book on an ancient era for werewolf, just like Requiem for Rome and Fall of the Camarilla.

Leave a comment:

• Seidmadr
    replied

All the way. Let us howl together.

Leave a comment:

• Raistlin
    replied
    1) Mortal sorcerers - guys and gals who specifically mess around with spirits, essence, loci, make pacts with shartha and generally help things become a bit more chaotic. Disscussion how someone gets to that stage, what they can do with such power, why werewolves would want to hunt (or ally) such shamans would start the chapter. Then it would hit some mechanics, how a mortal actually does all this stuff, some handy merits, ad some discussion on the ephemeral entities rules in GMC update/werewolf 2nd core. Then maybe an example or two, one at least has to be unconventional - to get the creative juices flowing you understand
    Like this kind of Sorcerers?

Leave a comment:

• Aiden
    replied

I stand with you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X