Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition For TRIBES OF THE MOON 2E (working title)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'd rather Bale Hounds be in a Werewolf product than a blue book.

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
    The downside to doing the books this way (tribe + prey) is that it's great if you love Blood Talons, poor if you like Storm Lords. If (and that's a definite *if*) Rich went for this, with pre-planning, writing, development, and production, you'd be looking at *maybe* the first book by end 2016/early 2017, and if the production line speeds up, Storm Lords by 2019/2020.

Personally, I'd rather have the 5 tribes in one book, and prey in another, and hopefully have both by mid next year.
    Sure. Thing is, something's *always* gonna get the short end of the stick, time-wise. The list of five I had was in the order it was because alphabetical Tribes, not as a necessary demand for publication in that order - and I am fully aware that it may not mesh with what Stew has in mind for forthcoming books regardless - but I don't see it as innately worse than 'book on tribes, book on werewolf prey, book on other prey, book on shadow, book on territories, book on humans' etc.

I don't think Requiem or Awakening particularly suffered due to having a series of Covenant/Order books where, indeed, some had to wait longer than others.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• The bale hounds do deserve at least some mention in an Inferno 2e book, at least describing them from the perspective of inferno related beings. Definitely not a full chapter though. A set of rules for making them as npcs without requiring the WtF book would be a good idea for it. Like what we got with the demon stg, but either using the rules contained within the Inferno book or the horror system from the core. This is getting a bit off topic though, so I'm gonna stop talking Inferno here.

Comment

• Bale Hounds being in an Inferno book really depend if they're going to be linked to the Inferno at all, which isn't a guarantee in second edition.

Comment

• True, I do like wounds, wound spirits and bale hounds being the inferno tainting the hisil though and for now it's easiest to assume they are, given that's how it was in first edition, at least until Stew or one of the writers confirms otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
            Yeah, I'd rather Bale Hounds be in a Werewolf product than a blue book.

Sure. Thing is, something's *always* gonna get the short end of the stick, time-wise. The list of five I had was in the order it was because alphabetical Tribes, not as a necessary demand for publication in that order - and I am fully aware that it may not mesh with what Stew has in mind for forthcoming books regardless - but I don't see it as innately worse than 'book on tribes, book on werewolf prey, book on other prey, book on shadow, book on territories, book on humans' etc.

I don't think Requiem or Awakening particularly suffered due to having a series of Covenant/Order books where, indeed, some had to wait longer than others.
            Fair enough. I don't view any one approach as the one true way, and none of them would stop me jumping to write for them anyway

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• And now we see that the Tribal Pillars and various Lodges(with their Secrets and Blasphemies not removed like they were in The Pack) would make for an excellent chapter for each Tribebook as well.

Comment

• Sign me up, i would throw cash so fast for a new werewolf book or books.

Comment

• After neglecting this thread for far too long, I've updated the list of supporters and suggestions for the new books. From what I understand, pitch season is at the end of every year, so now's a good time to give this thread attention again!

Comment

• I'm definitely on board for this. Sign me up!

Comment

• Never realized my name wasn't on there. Sign me up!

Comment

• List updated!

Comment

• Say, given how the subject was briefly covered in the Sundered World, where would flesh-spirit hybrids like those which populated Pangaea fall under? In Heirs to the Hunt? Or in Shadow Hunters?

"My Homebrew Hub"
                          Age of Azar
                          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Sign me up, too

Comment

• How much does it cost to create a 150 page supplement? With just 50 people on the petition(minus 5 people that will actually work on it) that's 1000 bucks for a 20 dollar book.

Comment

• Yeah I'd recon we could Kickstarter it rarely effectively... But then again some of the smaller supplements for apocalypse they didn't make too much... But all made enough to get their special editions.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

Working...
                                X