Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition For TRIBES OF THE MOON 2E (working title)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, kickstarter would knock this whole thing out within days. Part of the charm of kickstarting a gameline is that they come right out and tell you all the stuff coming down the line so its pretty much a no-brainer to jump in. Sadly, the second editions aren't getting kickstarters and with 11 gamelines Forsaken likely isn't going to get anything for a while.

Comment

• I'd be up for a book like this. Consider me signing up. More WtF is always good.

I'd love to see more information on the firstborn, too, since with Dark Eras we now know there were far more of them than are currently active. That could plant the seeds for more Lodges seeking to become tribes, possible new tribes themselves, or truly epic allies/adversaries depending how they viewed the death of Father Wolf.

Edit: Another thing I'd like to see is a new book about the tweaked Auspices of 2nd Ed. While not exactly about Tribes, it was still always interesting to me the differing effects of Luna's faces on her children. Not to mention the possible outlier Auspices that were introduced in the 1e book about Auspices. I'd love to see a return of those.
      Last edited by Threadwrought; 10-10-2016, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Hmm. Somehow I'm not seeing my name on the initial post on this thread. That gives me a sad.

This space for rent.

Comment

• The fact we see no more poised projects, even far off, for Forsaken at the moment makes me sad. ;-;

Really hoping OPP decides to take this post to heart. The Uratha have a lot of potential, as well as the portions of CofD they focus on. Plus, the 'What-If' factor to their loose society and the experimentation with ideas from 1ed was always awesome.

In particular focus with this topic was something I already mentioned a little. We see hints and story hooks in The Pack about lodges seeking to become Tribes, mention of other firstborn either hiding, dead, or slumbering in the world, and lodges that focus -solely- on the moon (for good or largely ill). And in Dark Eras, we get knowledge about a veritable mob of Father Wolf's brood wandering the Border Marches. I'd love to see some of this explored in perhaps a 'the others' book when it came to tribes.

Comment

• I'm in. But where and how to subscribe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monghani View Post
              How much does it cost to create a 150 page supplement? With just 50 people on the petition(minus 5 people that will actually work on it) that's 1000 bucks for a 20 dollar book.
              ​Well, for what it's worth, guesstimating the word count in a 150 page book, $1000 wouldn't even come close to covering writing fees on a book of that size - let alone artwork, development, editing and layout.

- Chris Allen
              Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

​Well, for what it's worth, guesstimating the word count in a 150 page book, $1000 wouldn't even come close to covering writing fees on a book of that size - let alone artwork, development, editing and layout.
                This is true. But let's also consider the fact that not all fans or players regularly visit the forums. So they may not realize the fact there -is- a petition at all. And people also have a habit of buying new releases of a setting, whether or not they actually play in that portion, solely for completion and having those resources for the future.

Forums can be intimidating, or people may have bad enough experiences with them that they give them a wide berth. If there was mention on the usual blogs it might get more attention. There's no doubt on that.

Comment

• How about getting the Prey Series tossed out as a Kickstarter idea?

Comment

• Haven't seem this thread. Put my name on any petition for more Werewolf the Forsaken!

By the way, nothing on new books for Werewolf?
                    Last edited by Max Deltree; 12-14-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Deltree View Post
                      By the way, nothing on new books for Werewolf?
                      Nothing official. Rich let us know not every line will be getting a new book every year.

An old brochure says we'll be having a Secrets of the Tribes book but I've not heard anything of it since.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

Nothing official. Rich let us know not every line will be getting a new book every year.

An old brochure says we'll be having a Secrets of the Tribes book but I've not heard anything of it since.
                        Not super surprising since The Pack just came out and OPP pulled back a bit about talking about upcoming projects. Inshallah we get more news soon.

CofD booklists:
                        Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by strider1276 View Post
                          Hmm. Somehow I'm not seeing my name on the initial post on this thread. That gives me a sad.
                          What makes this doubly weird is that you made it known you'd write it a year before I did, and yet I'm still up there before you.

EDIT: They fixed it!

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                          Working on:Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

• Add me to the list with the others please would definitely be interested in picking these up.

Comment

• Add me, too.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

Working...
                              X