Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition For TRIBES OF THE MOON 2E (working title)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, hell yes.

Comment

• I'd back this as well, and can't wait to read the Kinslayers!

Comment

• Signed.

In addition, crunch!:
        Tribal rites
        Tribe specific gifts and facets, including milestone gifts
        Tribe specific merits, preferable including a style merit matching each tribes particular area of expertise? (Dealing with Spirits for Boneshadows, leadership for the Stormlords, etc.)

Can we can an example each tribe's sacred prey (a Host for Hunters in Darkness, a spirit for the Bone Shadows section, etc.)? Something off the wall, out of the ordinary and off beat?

Following the same, can we discuss the complications of each sacred prey? In the main rulebook there was a section a about a pack of Blood Talons setting up a human farm, only for Destroyer Wolf to go into destroyer mode on them. What if Destroyer wolf didn't step in, and another pack now has to destroy the renegade, and then deal with the politics of passing judgement and then executing another pack of Forsaken, no matter how justified the cause? What if a Hunter cell makes its way into a position of political power and makes trouble for packs in the area, how does the Iron Master lead a Siskur-dur to hunt the threat and then the fallout? Stuff like that, things that really bring home the implications of having a sacred prey.

Can we get the ways tribes conflict, what happens when the Stormlord and the Bloodtalon just refuse to see eye-to-eye? Besides a bloody mess, of course.

And oh yes, a little bit, a paragraph or two, about wach tribe is dealing with the idigam. Not a codified view, of course. The Idigam a new, unknown threat, but just a little bit of how the square peg of a tribe's world view is likely to interact with the round hole of a cthulhoid per-historic nightmare thing.

Comment

• Add me to the list. I would love to see the setting of Werewolf 2nd fleshed out more. I would especially like to see more about the Pure

Comment

• Definitely add me to the list.

Eyebrow quirk.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd be in as well. 2e finally sold me on werewolves for good.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Backing this. 100%

"My Homebrew Hub"
                Age of Azar
                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• I think this thread is VERY relevant to Monday's Blogpost asking for pitches. I'm very much a fan of each Tribe getting its own book and think its a major disservice to have them shoved into just a single chapter like what we have in Tribes of the Moon. Lets get this idea in there instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monghani View Post
                    I think this thread is VERY relevant to Monday's Blogpost asking for pitches. I'm very much a fan of each Tribe getting its own book and think its a major disservice to have them shoved into just a single chapter like what we have in Tribes of the Moon. Lets get this idea in there instead.
                    Already pitched it.

Comment

• The more people who indicate that it's the sort of thing they want to see, the more likely there's a chance of it being considered

​Edit: Including people who indicated their support after Sikla Alkis stopped updating the OP, it's up to 52 supporters in this thread now. However, note that that number doesn't count for much if the people who make the decisions at OP don't become aware of it
                      Last edited by Acrozatarim; 04-12-2016, 12:02 PM.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• I just linked to it and only then did I see you copypasted the whole thing already. XD

Oh well, I'm pretty sure more people need to see these great ideas.

Comment

• There's a lot of good here. I just don't know if the tribes are so developed to warrant a whole book to them like the tribes from apocalypse... But then there's always new material to be written!

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

• Don't know about Apocalypse, but considering we're talking about groups of shapeshifting demigods that have been around for thousands of years tied to Celestial Beings beyond mortal understanding I'd say we have quite a bit of history and customs we could dive into. Hell, how they view their Sacred Prey alone should be world a chapter.

That we've gone through two editions and people still think they can easily be swapped out says quite a bit about their needed to be developed more.

Comment

• Yes. If they're confined to three pages in the front of the core book they won't really be developed beyond that. The tribes of Apocalypse wouldn't have any depth if they were still confined to the few pages in the core book.

Though Tribes of the Moon went a nice distance in fleshing them out, it's really something they could use their own books for.
                              Last edited by nofather; 04-12-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monghani View Post
                                Don't know about Apocalypse, but considering we're talking about groups of shapeshifting demigods that have been around for thousands of years tied to Celestial Beings beyond mortal understanding I'd say we have quite a bit of history and customs we could dive into. Hell, how they view their Sacred Prey alone should be world a chapter.

That we've gone through two editions and people still think they can easily be swapped out says quite a bit about their needed to be developed more.
                                The difference is that Tribes in Forsaken don't come with cultural or ethnic baggage like they do in Apocalypse (Tribes are used more literally as a collection of bloodlines and relatives: you're born into a Tribe rather than choosing which Tribe you join). So you might list examples of what a Forsaken Tribe looks like in a given area. The Blood Talons of the Hippo Valley in Zimbabwe will look quite different from the Blood Talons in Alice Springs, Australia. You'd cover those cultural identifiers in Hunting Ground entries about those Tribes though, not in a big book. However, you could put the few cultural identifiers that they do share in a single chapter.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                                Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                                He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Working...
                                X