Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition For TRIBES OF THE MOON 2E (working title)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lyrics Of War View Post
    There's a lot of good here. I just don't know if the tribes are so developed to warrant a whole book to them like the tribes from apocalypse... But then there's always new material to be written!
    Did you read the pitches? They're huge.

Comment

There's a lot of good here. I just don't know if the tribes are so developed to warrant a whole book to them like the tribes from apocalypse... But then there's always new material to be written!
      The reason the tribes from Forsaken aren't as developed as because they don't have as much material per Tribe than say.... each of the apocalypse tribes getting their own books dedicated to themselves.

Also the fact that that each is designed to be modular and adaptive to the Storytellers needs .

Still, there's enough material worth expanding and defining especially since as of 2e, lots of old content is no longer supported by existing fluff.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
      DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
      Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

• The major thing I'm shocked at is people coming in here saying there's not enough material to warrant a book for them alone...when the point of a book dedicated to them would be to provide more material.

It boggles my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monghani View Post
          The major thing I'm shocked at is people coming in here saying there's not enough material to warrant a book for them alone...when the point of a book dedicated to them would be to provide more material.

It boggles my mind.
          They likely mean on a subject as merely concerned with the Tribe itself rather than all the other subjects paired within the suggested books.

2e allows for those subjects to be dealt in that fashion because a tribe is basically what it hunts now, beyond their tribal oath.

Comment

• Weird, a Tribe is a cultural identity based on groups dedicating themselves to a Cosmic Entity and its ideals with a Tribal Oath and Sacred Prey with book ideas detailed in the first post of the thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by Monghani View Post
              Weird, a Tribe is a cultural identity based on groups dedicating themselves to a Cosmic Entity and its ideals with a Tribal Oath and Sacred Prey with book ideas detailed in the first post of the thread...
              Well that's the thing, they're not a cultural identity, or at least they come with very few cultural identifiers. Adding too many of those risks turning the Tribes into stereotypes. Blood Talons aren't a warrior culture, they seek Glory. Hunters in Darkness don't all lay land mines down in their territories and keep track of where they are, they devote themselves to Cunning. The shared culture of the Tribes ends with the Tribal Oath, Sacred Prey, and Tribal Totem: all of which are going to be skewed by the human cultures that the members grew up in.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
              Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
              He/him pronouns, please

Comment

​There's a reason each of the pitched books is 'One particular tribe *and* their prey/topics related to them/how to handle games relating to that sort of approach/new Gifts, rites and other mechanical widgets'. As I envisage it, for example, the Bone Shadow book would *also* be the 2e Shadow book, etc.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

​There's a reason each of the pitched books is 'One particular tribe *and* their prey/topics related to them/how to handle games relating to that sort of approach/new Gifts, rites and other mechanical widgets'. As I envisage it, for example, the Bone Shadow book would *also* be the 2e Shadow book, etc.
                  Oooh, that's cool. That'd be the way I'd handle it.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                  He/him pronouns, please

Comment

• Well it's all right there under the spoiler tag in the OP, with a paragraph of rough notions as to what would be in each one

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

Well that's the thing, they're not a cultural identity, or at least they come with very few cultural identifiers. Adding too many of those risks turning the Tribes into stereotypes. Blood Talons aren't a warrior culture, they seek Glory. Hunters in Darkness don't all lay land mines down in their territories and keep track of where they are, they devote themselves to PURITY. The shared culture of the Tribes ends with the Tribal Oath, Sacred Prey, and Tribal Totem: all of which are going to be skewed by the human cultures that the members grew up in.
                      Iron Masters are Cunning, fyi.

Comment

• It appears you're not viewing the cultural identifiers the same way I am, but the point is largely moot since what I mean is right there in the first post of the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

Iron Masters are Cunning, fyi.

Ah snap that's what I get for not playing Werewolf recently enough.

Originally posted by Monghani View Post
                          It appears you're not viewing the cultural identifiers the same way I am,
                          Probably not, no.

Originally posted by Monghani:n864498
                          but the point is largely moot since what I mean is right there in the first post of the thread.
                          And that's what I get for not rereading the OP when I hop into the thread. Apologies if I came across as defensive or offensive earlier.

He/him pronouns, please

Comment

• Its cool, just having a foggy mind this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

A topic I would greatly appreciate seeing covered is advice and suggestions on how to present and utilize Tribes in your stories. I have to admit, approaching Tribes in how they factor into Packs and Lodges is something I don't quite grasp well.

How does knowledge spread in a Tribe across members? How do Tribes recruit? What kind of problems are relevant to the different Tribes? What do Tribes offer to its members? Do the Firstborn interact with their Tribes? What's the difference between a multi-Tribe pack and a single Tribe pack?

These are all questions I wrestle with and I don't have good answers for them. Seeing a book or books delve into these would be greatly helpful to me.

Comment

• Hey, since I'm a freelancer now, add me to that list of people interested in writing for this.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X