No announcement yet.

New Blood and Bone Archetypes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some I just made. Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

BONE

Prankster

Your a jokester; for you, humor the Swiss Army Knife of social interaction. If you can't make something fun or funny, then it's probably not that interesting in the first place. Of course, not everyone's sense of humor is... healthy.

Your character regains a point of Willpower when she successfully uses humor to deflect an uncomfortable truth or situation. She regains all her Willpower whenever a prank or joke helps her or others bond with someone in some way.

Role Model

You're the one Cubs look up to, the one Elders expect better from, and the one that can't help but offer advice. Being an example isn't just something that comes naturally--it's your raison d'etat.

Your character regains one point of Willpower when he gives socially acceptable advice to someone, whether they seek it or not. He can regain all Willpower when he shows someone a "better way" by example, not just words.

BLOOD

The Exemplar

More than a role model, you are the exemplification of a werewolf. Be it your Tribe or your Auspice, you take it to its highest calling. When people who know you think of your Auspice or Tribe, you come to mind immediately.

Your character regains one point of Willpower whenever she pursues the Hunt in a way that is stereotypical for her Auspice or Tribe. They can regian all their Willpower when they do so at the expense of the pack's agreed-upon tactics, or when they eschew the chosen prey mid-hunt because their Tribe's Sacred Prey is also in their sights.

I think they could use some work, so I'm happy to take suggestions!

Comment

I could use help with wording for this one! Hopefully you can see my intent in what I'm trying to say.

Bone: The Volunteer

You don't understand the attitude of 'what's in it for me?' or 'that job is beneath me' that a lot of the people around you have. For you, there's a satisfaction in standing up and getting the job done, even if you're not going to get anything out of it. Recover a point of willpower when you take on a task or duty without any discussion of compensation. Recover all willpower when you complete a hunt or significant task that others balked at.

Currently playing at Fabula Rasa in the Cold Equations venue; planning an Obrimos for Fallen London.
      I can also be found at http://darkersolstice.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Heu View Post
        I could use help with wording for this one! Hopefully you can see my intent in what I'm trying to say.

Bone: The Volunteer

You don't understand the attitude of 'what's in it for me?' or 'that job is beneath me' that a lot of the people around you have. For you, there's a satisfaction in standing up and getting the job done, even if you're not going to get anything out of it. Recover a point of willpower when you take on a task or duty without any discussion of compensation. Recover all willpower when you complete a significant task that others balked at, even at the expense of a hunt.
        Fixed. Bone archetypes generally eschew the notion of hunts, while Blood ones embrace them.
        Last edited by Ephsy; 03-26-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

My hero, Ephsy. BTW, dunno if you heard, there's a chat planning to open a 2e wolf venue mid-April. Hence me trying to get these things together; I still need to figure out a Blood for the wuff.

Currently playing at Fabula Rasa in the Cold Equations venue; planning an Obrimos for Fallen London.

Comment

Heu, mind if I snag this for my game for possibilities for players to take?

Comment

Originally posted by gebbethine View Post
              That's what the thread is for dude.

Comment

Originally posted by gebbethine View Post
                Please do! If anyone does take it, I'd love to hear gushing on how it fits.

Comment

Bumping this

Comment

Maaaaan. Warden, I think, is gonna by my werewolf's blood now. That one fits him so well it's ridiculous. Couple that with a Hedonist Bone, and you have my dude. He's all about his pack, makin sure nothing happens to them, but he's gotta be about himself sometimes too, and since that time is limited, go big or go home.

Comment

Blood: Trapper

More like a cat than a dog, you play with the prey, but felines don't play because they're sadists. Rather, it's because evolution gives rodents some pretty big teeth that the cat is not a fan of being bitten by, so it's simply safer to exhaust the mouse to make it easier to snap its neck without getting a pair of constantly growing frontal dentures in Mr. Whisker's cheek. Of course, you're also a human, so there is a twinge of schadenfreude with you; you like the feeling of being smarter than the hapless Beshilu dashing madly between your forepaws and pack.

You gain one willpower when the prey is goaded or tricked into making a mistake by you or one of your schemes. You refresh all when you harness something incredibly dangerous (such as Kuruth) and still manage to steer it into a successful scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

More like a cat than a dog, you play with the prey, but felines don't play because they're sadists. Rather, it's because evolution gives rodents some pretty big teeth that the cat is not a fan of being bitten by, so it's simply safer to exhaust the mouse to make it easier to snap its neck without getting a pair of constantly growing frontal dentures in Mr. Whisker's cheek. Of course, you're also a human, so there is a twinge of schadenfreude with you; you like the feeling of being smarter than the hapless Beshilu dashing madly between your forepaws and pack.

You gain one willpower when the prey is goaded or tricked into making a mistake by you or one of your schemes. You refresh all when you harness something incredibly dangerous (such as Kuruth, in yourself or your prey) and still manage to steer it into a successful scheme.
                        Added this bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

You gain one willpower when the prey is goaded or tricked into making a mistake by you or one of your schemes. You refresh all when you harness something incredibly dangerous (such as Kuruth) and still manage to steer it into a successful scheme.
                          This is perfect.

Crunch isn't a hobby; it's a calling.

Comment

Another bump.

Comment

Ephsy, do you mind updating the OP with the others presented here?

Some of them are really good! Wolf-in-Sheep's-Clothing is inspiring a whole character idea!

Comment

And edited~

Comment

Working...
                                X