No announcement yet.

Siskur-Dah - 2ed Sacred Hunt and it's secrets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh right, it was Gifts, not Rites, like nofather said.

Hmm... that gives me a thought. I do wonder how spirit-taught werewolves will conduct the Siskur-Dah, compared to kin-taught werewolves.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• hi guys, need some clarifications about hunting spirits: when you are hunting them, you can both destroy them, gathering whole essence, or chasing down them, learning the spirit's gift.. mechanically, how does this last thing work?? i mean, you trak the spirit down, you find him and then?? the werevolf has to fight him?? speak him?? convince him??

and last thing: how many ways do you have to fight a ephemeral entity?? the gift of death gives you the chance to attack ghosts with your natural weapon, not spirits. So without the right bane ( or be 2 ranks above them), how could you fight them?? because, in the hisil, you can damage them, but not in the flesh ( manifested or not, you can t hurt them)

thx for answers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dante90 View Post
        hi guys, need some clarifications about hunting spirits: when you are hunting them, you can both destroy them, gathering whole essence, or chasing down them, learning the spirit's gift.. mechanically, how does this last thing work?? i mean, you trak the spirit down, you find him and then?? the werevolf has to fight him?? speak him?? convince him??
        By the time the pack has hunted down the spirit, it should be subjugated and will surrender rather than fighting to the death. Then the werewolves can just "nicely ask" the spirit to teach a Gift/Rite. The spirit will comply because, well, if it would die rather than aid the werewolves then it wouldn't have surrendered in the first place, and the werewolves can just insta-kill the spirit that it is now under their mercy as the Siskur-Dah dictates.

and last thing: how many ways do you have to fight a ephemeral entity?? the gift of death gives you the chance to attack ghosts with your natural weapon, not spirits. So without the right bane ( or be 2 ranks above them), how could you fight them?? because, in the hisil, you can damage them, but not in the flesh ( manifested or not, you can t hurt them)

thx for answers
        Therefore, researching a spirit's bane and ban is of utmost importance when fighting it. The bane to hurt it in the Flesh, and the ban to force it away from its Essence sources so that it falls dormant or flees into the Shadow.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• really thanks.. had some strunggling on understand some mechanics ( sometimes they are quite obscure, like the influence by the gift)

anyway, i remember somethings about the spirits that can be wounded even in twilight.. but can t find this rule ( a gift?? an hunter 's aspect??), but of course, the first stuff i had thought was the bane.. but in the hisil for example, you can damage them is it right?? but knowing the right ban helps you to chose right method to make them flee from their influence area, for example.. is this right??
          so, with resonance shaper, we could change the resonance according to the spirit's ban to weak him and convince to collaborate with me
          am i right??
          thank you

Comment

If an ephemeral entity is manifested in the gurihal, the world of flesh, they're either in Twilight or in some other physical form. If they're in another physical form, they can be hurt by a simple punch. The only trick is when they're in Twilight, in which case you need to use a bane, the sacred hunt of the Ithaeur, a fetish like the Whisper Knife, the Twilight Purge rite, the Banish rite, the totem of the pack who can also go into Twilight, Barghest gift facet if it's a death-infused spirit, you could even use Shadowbind, Bottle Spirit or Fetish rites to either bind it or scare it back across the Gauntlet. Or you could do a simple mundane 'getting rid of the Conditions that allow it to linger in Twilight.' Resonance Shaper could be good for that if it's using a locus to stay.

Comment

• thank you.. now it s way more clear..
              so, if they are not in piysical form you can jsut hurt them with bane or overranking them ( or with just of one rite/tricks you described)
              there are rules spread everywhere.. is not easy to see them clearly

Comment

thank you.. now it s way more clear..
                so, if they are not in piysical form you can jsut hurt them with bane or overranking them ( or with just of one rite/tricks you described)
                there are rules spread everywhere.. is not easy to see them clearly
                It's no problem. The big thing in storyteller is that, basically, for every rule there's an exception. Nothing's really hard set, so you can fiddle with it as you like.

Comment

hi guys, need some clarifications about hunting spirits: when you are hunting them, you can both destroy them, gathering whole essence, or chasing down them, learning the spirit's gift.. mechanically, how does this last thing work?? i mean, you trak the spirit down, you find him and then?? the werevolf has to fight him?? speak him?? convince him??

thx for answers
                  Yes, you usually strong arm them. "I'll eat you unless you teach me how to handle fire without it burning me anymore" works pretty well. Other more esoteric packs challenge spirits in other ways. A spirit of shadow & secrets that can discorporate at will when the going gets tough likely won't be worried about mere physical threats, but blackmailing it with information being spread about how it trucked with the neighboring spirit lord against the one which he currently owes fealty would work better.

Or amusing a spirit of enigmas into teaching you how to read people like open books (Know Thy Prey) with a competition of riddles. They're called Gifts after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

If an ephemeral entity is manifested in the gurihal, the world of flesh, they're either in Twilight or in some other physical form. If they're in another physical form, they can be hurt by a simple punch. The only trick is when they're in Twilight, in which case you need to use a bane, the sacred hunt of the Bone Shadow, a fetish like the Whisper Knife, the Twilight Purge rite, the Banish rite, the totem of the pack who can also go into Twilight, Barghest gift facet if it's a death-infused spirit, you could even use Shadowbind, Bottle Spirit or Fetish rites to either bind it or scare it back across the Gauntlet. Or you could do a simple mundane 'getting rid of the Conditions that allow it to linger in Twilight.' Resonance Shaper could be good for that if it's using a locus to stay.
                    Emphasis mine.

Comment

Working...
                    X