Some new Kuruth Triggers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new Kuruth Triggers

So here's a little something to help fill out the Death Rage Trigger list. These are not official and have not been playtested as yet. Also note that I favour having players pick each Trigger (Passive, Common and Specific) freely from any list they want rather than picking one list and automatically getting all three Triggers from it.

Let me know what you think.

Betrayal
    Passive: Someone acts to obstruct you from achieving your desires.
    Common: Anyone betrays you.
    Specific: A packmate betrays you.

Defeat
    Passive: You are defeated in any social or physical confrontation.
    Common: You are defeated in any physical confrontation and are left injured.
    Specific: You are defeated in any physical confrontation and the victor does not show respect or honour towards you.

Dominance
    Passive: Anyone outright refuses an order you give them.
    Common: A werewolf or wolf-blooded challenges your leadership.
    Specific: A werewolf mocks your leadership and refuses to meet your challenge.

Envy
    Passive: A rival or enemy achieves an exceptional success on a roll while in your presence.
    Common: A rival or enemy achieves a great success or goal while your own plans suffer.
    Specific: A rival or enemy acquires an object, goal, relationship or position of power that you greatly desire.

Hunger
    Passive: You go for a day without sustenance.
    Common: Your Essence pool reaches 0.
    Specific: Sustenance is denied to you when you are starving.

Insult
    Passive: Someone intentionally insults you to your face.
    Common: Someone intentionally insults you to your face in a way that will damage you socially.
    Specific: Someone intentionally insults you to your face after having taken actions that have seriously disadvantaged you socially or physically.

Love
    Passive: A loved one is threatened.
    Common: A loved one threatens to withdraw their affections from you.
    Specific: You injure a loved one.

Survival
    Passive: Your health track is completely filled with damage.
    Common: Someone threatens to seriously hurt you and you believe the threat to be genuine.
    Specific: Someone threatens to kill you and you believe the threat to be genuine.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

‚ÄčLike my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Thanks, Acro! I like these. Defeat sounds like it would be really, really dangerous. Imagine being at a gathering of tribes and getting snubbed? Collateral damage much.

Also the specific hunger trigger might mean the victim of your Kuruth is a stubborn vending machine or a previously-raided refrigerator. :-)

Comment

The Fair Folk aren't this touchy.

I like it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
      Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

I like these.

Comment

Glad people like them!

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

‚ÄčLike my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

I look for the House Rule on Triggers - I want to make Uratha more edgy on games - and I think that only 3 Triggers, from those at least one will be not usable, is too low. Maybe each Uratha gets next whole Triggers list for each 2 Primal Urge? So first list on PU 1, second on PU 3, etc. ?

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Or just ring a bell whenever you want your players to Kuruth. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Barbrarilen View Post
                Or just ring a bell whenever you want your players to Kuruth. :-)
                It could be done that way - but then it will be seen as "ST made me do it". And it is semi-logical that more Primal Urge you have, more things can Trigger you. Something like "bad mage Legacy", so to speak - refinement of things making you an uncontrolled beast.

And I really like idea that Elder, Predators Bodhisattva can be changed in to rampaging monsters more often than fresh after First Change cubs - it highlights their inhumanity.

And, last but not least, I could use more of those great lists of Acrozatarim.
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-10-2015, 12:31 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'm having a tough time thinking of triggers for my character, the ST suggested I play a game or two to get into the character before deciding.

However, I like the concept, and because I'm fond of this kind of thing I was thinking that if a Wolf-blooded had the Devil Inside Tell, after their first change they might develop triggers based upon it.

Passive: Someone prays or calls to a religious power within earshot.
                  Common: Someone brandishing a holy symbol or praying in order to ward off evil within earshot.
                  Specific: Someone directing a holy symbol or prayer at you.

I thought about adding a qualifier that it should excuse Uratha-oriented prayers that would be good for a more 'grounded' Uratha, but I kind of like the idea that they might cringe away from Luna or Father Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    I look for the House Rule on Triggers - I want to make Uratha more edgy on games - and I think that only 3 Triggers, from those at least one will be not usable, is too low. Maybe each Uratha gets next whole Triggers list for each 2 Primal Urge? So first list on PU 1, second on PU 3, etc. ?
                    I like the general idea, but it seems like a bit much - Primal Urge already has some pretty hefty drawbacks. What you did this instead of increasing the duration of Basu-Im?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                      I like the general idea, but it seems like a bit much - Primal Urge already has some pretty hefty drawbacks. What you did this instead of increasing the duration of Basu-Im?
                      You think that longer Basu-Im and more Triggers is too much? Maybe you are right - but then, I got idea that could please both sides - Home Rule proposal 1.

Instead of longer Basu-Im with next rising Primal Urge, character can be left on previous one duration if he takes next Trigger List.

As I have a problem with conceptualizing difference between 6 hours and 12 hours Basu-Im to the in-setting ( common, guys, after 6 hours whole small town would be killed by the Elder ) I think that changing this optionally for more Kuruth Triggers is cool idea. Like "- Our Elders are more sense like, they only rage for 3 hours. Just do not mention any insult in his area..."

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Oh god.

Oh god.

What if there was a Wolf-Blooded Tell that made a Kuruth Trigger replace your Vice and Virtue? Like, you normally get one Willpower whenever the Passive trigger shows up, you can get a full refill by fulfilling the Common trigger, and you get a full refill and a Beat whenever you fulfil the Specific trigger?

Just think of all the perverse incentives! I'd probably say that they can't self-qualify for a trigger (so no picking Blood and biting your cheek), but otherwise it seems like it would make you act like a lunatic.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

That sounds like a good Tell to me.

Comment

Four I cooked up.

REBEL

Passive: Someone gives you an order.
                            Common: You are given an order that clashes with your beliefs or goals.
                            Specific: A Werewolf outside your pack gives you an order.

Gun

Passive: You see a firearm.
                            Common: A pack-mate is shot at with a firearm.
                            Specific: A you take lethal damage from a firearm.

TECHNOLOGY

Passive: You are attacked with a weapon.
                            Common: You see a piece of technology created to destroy the wild.
                            Specific: You fail a roll to make use of a piece of technology.

KNOWLEDGE

Passive:You are challenged on what you know.
                            Common: You a presented with information you are expected to already know.
                            Specific: You fail a roll to make sense of information.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalvin8 View Post
                              KNOWLEDGE

Passive:You are challenged on what you know.
                              Common: You a presented with information you are expected to already know.
                              Specific: You fail a roll to make sense of information.
                              Ahahahha, that's awesome. I imagine something like Beast: the smart beastie. The WW is sitting there, spectacles on his nose, reading an ancient parchment just getting angrier and angrier until he suddenly shifts into garou and starts destroying priceless artifacs. Whooops.

Comment

Working...
                              X