Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick joke one:

Internet
    Passive: Someone is wrong on the Internet.
    Common: You see someone being wrong on the Internet.
    Specific: Someone trolls you on the Internet.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post
      A quick joke one:

Internet
      Passive: Someone is wrong on the Internet.
      Would you ever /not/ be in death rage?

Eric Christian Berg
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Comment

Originally posted by eberg View Post

Would you ever /not/ be in death rage?
        That's the point.

Revlid wrote:
        Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalvin8 View Post
          KNOWLEDGE

Passive:You are challenged on what you know.
          Common: You a presented with information you are expected to already know.
          Specific: You fail a roll to make sense of information.
          I like the look of these but could you elaborate on the Common one?

Comment

Have you ever been lectured by someone without professional knowledge about your work? Like when a patient tells the doctor wich medicine she should be giving him? That's a Kuruth trigger if I've ever seen one.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Common: You are presented with information you are expected to already know.

Well: An elder Wolf asks Joe Wolf a question regarding a spirit in Joe's turf Joe had never heard of before. Joe should be aware of Spirits on hist Turf, he is the Pack Spirit Shaman. This would be a Common Trigger.
              However: Joe Wolf is breaking into a lab, he finds he needs a pin to get through a door. He may not know the pin, but how can he be expected to know a pin he never used? If he was given the Pin prior to the job and he forgot the number than the situation would be a trigger.

Thats what I had in mind. I think it should mention the info is uknown by the Wolf. so maybe t could be reworked as

Common: You are presented with new information you are expected to already know.

Comment

Ah, that changes the Trigger a lot. I thought the trigger was due to being treated as dumb, like you need to be told something you of course know, wich is demeaning.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

I'm really at a loss for what to name this trigger, but it's based on the most common myths of what harms a Werewolf.

Passive: The touch of silver.
                  Common:The touch of moonstone (the semi-precious gem.)
                  Specific: The touch or ingestion of Wolfsbane (also called Monkshood or Devil's Helmet.)

Comment

I haven't got common or passive, but my wolf's Specific trigger is a wolf who isn't pack pissing on her territory.

Currently playing at Fabula Rasa in the Cold Equations venue; planning an Obrimos for Fallen London.
                    I can also be found at http://darkersolstice.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                      I'm having a tough time thinking of triggers for my character, the ST suggested I play a game or two to get into the character before deciding.

However, I like the concept, and because I'm fond of this kind of thing I was thinking that if a Wolf-blooded had the Devil Inside Tell, after their first change they might develop triggers based upon it.

Passive: Someone prays or calls to a religious power within earshot.
                      Common: Someone brandishing a holy symbol or praying in order to ward off evil within earshot.
                      Specific: Someone directing a holy symbol or prayer at you.

I thought about adding a qualifier that it should excuse Uratha-oriented prayers that would be good for a more 'grounded' Uratha, but I kind of like the idea that they might cringe away from Luna or Father Wolf.
                      Awesome. I really like this one! Someone should compile a list!

Comment

Should Kuruth Triggers evolve with Uratha characters? Question come to me when revisiting sheet of major NPC, part of the PCs pack, when checking her Triggers, as Auspice Moon is in the sky and group is in the middle of coffee shop in city center. As I did not wanted to make this scene about 'murderous friendly NPC', I changed her Triggers to new ones from Chris Allen's propositions in background.

And there it hit me - Should Uratha evolve their Triggers with personal story? If yes, on what occasions? For this particular NPC I think about swapping two levels of Moon and Blood for one level level of Moon and two levels of Betrayal. Idea is that she was majory betrayed on previous pack on the night of her Auspice - and by this, her Death Rage. Now she is somehow callous and closet, even in interactions with her new pack - always suspecting betrayal.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Of course they should evolve, werewolves are creatures of change. It should likely involve some personal shift in the character or redefining moment. Like that betrayal leading to gaining the betrayed one seems fine.
                          Last edited by nofather; 05-04-2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaielao View Post
                            I'm really at a loss for what to name this trigger, but it's based on the most common myths of what harms a Werewolf.

Specific: The touch or ingestion of Wolfsbane (also called Monkshood or Devil's Helmet.)
                            Call it “ALLERGY”.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Xaielao View Post

Isn't touching silver already a general trigger? Or was it taking damage from silver?

Dam da namsithim.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost-His-Mind View Post
                                Isn't touching silver already a general trigger? Or was it taking damage from silver?
                                Taking damage from it. Requires it to be used as a weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X