X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrozatarim
    started a topic Some new Kuruth Triggers

Some new Kuruth Triggers

So here's a little something to help fill out the Death Rage Trigger list. These are not official and have not been playtested as yet. Also note that I favour having players pick each Trigger (Passive, Common and Specific) freely from any list they want rather than picking one list and automatically getting all three Triggers from it.

Let me know what you think.

Betrayal
    Passive: Someone acts to obstruct you from achieving your desires.
    Common: Anyone betrays you.
    Specific: A packmate betrays you.

Defeat
    Passive: You are defeated in any social or physical confrontation.
    Common: You are defeated in any physical confrontation and are left injured.
    Specific: You are defeated in any physical confrontation and the victor does not show respect or honour towards you.

Dominance
    Passive: Anyone outright refuses an order you give them.
    Common: A werewolf or wolf-blooded challenges your leadership.
    Specific: A werewolf mocks your leadership and refuses to meet your challenge.

Envy
    Passive: A rival or enemy achieves an exceptional success on a roll while in your presence.
    Common: A rival or enemy achieves a great success or goal while your own plans suffer.
    Specific: A rival or enemy acquires an object, goal, relationship or position of power that you greatly desire.

Hunger
    Passive: You go for a day without sustenance.
    Common: Your Essence pool reaches 0.
    Specific: Sustenance is denied to you when you are starving.

Insult
    Passive: Someone intentionally insults you to your face.
    Common: Someone intentionally insults you to your face in a way that will damage you socially.
    Specific: Someone intentionally insults you to your face after having taken actions that have seriously disadvantaged you socially or physically.

Love
    Passive: A loved one is threatened.
    Common: A loved one threatens to withdraw their affections from you.
    Specific: You injure a loved one.

Survival
    Passive: Your health track is completely filled with damage.
    Common: Someone threatens to seriously hurt you and you believe the threat to be genuine.
    Specific: Someone threatens to kill you and you believe the threat to be genuine.

• Khanwulf
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Ugh. Imagine being an Uratha in politics...
    Imagine being in a relationship....

"We have changed dinner and childcare plans six times in the last five minutes...! I--I... urgh! Grr. GRRROWL! Put your shoes on!! Get in the car--uurrhoowwwlll!!"

--Khanwulf, who at least empathizes

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
    <glances up at the MBTI posters>

Competency
    Passive: inability to agree on or set a goal.
    Common: Someone dismisses your logical decisions or ideas.
    Specific: Someone challenges your competence on a subject you have experience with.

--Khanwulf
    Ugh. Imagine being an Uratha in politics...

Leave a comment:

• Khanwulf
    replied
    <glances up at the MBTI posters>

Competency
    Passive: inability to agree on or set a goal.
    Common: Someone dismisses your logical decisions or ideas.
    Specific: Someone challenges your competence on a subject you have experience with.

--Khanwulf

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    This works best when paired with another character, though you could get amusing with it and make the target a sports team.

Rivalry
    Passive: You see your rival.
    Common: Your rival accomplishes something positive.
    Specific: Your rival surpasses you in way that negatively affects you.

EDIT: A bit too similar to Envy, upon reflection.

And this one, for the Werewolf who really likes their stuff

Possessive
    Passive: Someone touches your things without permission.
    Common: Someone damages one of your possessions.
    Specific: Someone steals or destroys something you treasure.
    Me. No one touches my stuff without permission

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    This works best when paired with another character, though you could get amusing with it and make the target a sports team.

Rivalry
    Passive: You see your rival.
    Common: Your rival accomplishes something positive.
    Specific: Your rival surpasses you in way that negatively affects you.

EDIT: A bit too similar to Envy, upon reflection.

And this one, for the Werewolf who really likes their stuff

Possessive
    Passive: Someone touches your things without permission.
    Common: Someone damages one of your possessions.
    Specific: Someone steals or destroys something you treasure.

Leave a comment:

• Gryphon's Feather
    replied
    Mind if I try one? Based on an uncommon werewolf myth about their reflection always showing the wolf, even in human form.

The Reflection
    Passive: You see your reflection.
    Common: You see your reflection clearly in a mirror or pool of water.
    Specific: You see your reflection in a mirror someone is brandishing towards you.
    Last edited by Gryphon's Feather; 09-10-2018, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost-His-Mind View Post
    Isn't touching silver already a general trigger? Or was it taking damage from silver?
    Taking damage from it. Requires it to be used as a weapon.

Leave a comment:

• Lost-His-Mind
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaielao View Post
    I'm really at a loss for what to name this trigger, but it's based on the most common myths of what harms a Werewolf.

Passive: The touch of silver.
    Common:The touch of moonstone (the semi-precious gem.)
    Specific: The touch or ingestion of Wolfsbane (also called Monkshood or Devil's Helmet.)
    Isn't touching silver already a general trigger? Or was it taking damage from silver?

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaielao View Post
    I'm really at a loss for what to name this trigger, but it's based on the most common myths of what harms a Werewolf.

Specific: The touch or ingestion of Wolfsbane (also called Monkshood or Devil's Helmet.)
    Call it “ALLERGY”.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Of course they should evolve, werewolves are creatures of change. It should likely involve some personal shift in the character or redefining moment. Like that betrayal leading to gaining the betrayed one seems fine.
    Last edited by nofather; 05-04-2018, 02:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Should Kuruth Triggers evolve with Uratha characters? Question come to me when revisiting sheet of major NPC, part of the PCs pack, when checking her Triggers, as Auspice Moon is in the sky and group is in the middle of coffee shop in city center. As I did not wanted to make this scene about 'murderous friendly NPC', I changed her Triggers to new ones from Chris Allen's propositions in background.

And there it hit me - Should Uratha evolve their Triggers with personal story? If yes, on what occasions? For this particular NPC I think about swapping two levels of Moon and Blood for one level level of Moon and two levels of Betrayal. Idea is that she was majory betrayed on previous pack on the night of her Auspice - and by this, her Death Rage. Now she is somehow callous and closet, even in interactions with her new pack - always suspecting betrayal.

Leave a comment:

• FlailBot
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    I'm having a tough time thinking of triggers for my character, the ST suggested I play a game or two to get into the character before deciding.

However, I like the concept, and because I'm fond of this kind of thing I was thinking that if a Wolf-blooded had the Devil Inside Tell, after their first change they might develop triggers based upon it.

Passive: Someone prays or calls to a religious power within earshot.
    Common: Someone brandishing a holy symbol or praying in order to ward off evil within earshot.
    Specific: Someone directing a holy symbol or prayer at you.

I thought about adding a qualifier that it should excuse Uratha-oriented prayers that would be good for a more 'grounded' Uratha, but I kind of like the idea that they might cringe away from Luna or Father Wolf.
    Awesome. I really like this one! Someone should compile a list!

Leave a comment:

• Heu
    replied
    I haven't got common or passive, but my wolf's Specific trigger is a wolf who isn't pack pissing on her territory.

Leave a comment:

• Xaielao
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X