New Idigam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seeker

The Seeker rarely takes the same exact appearance for long, but all of its forms tend towards chaotic asymmetry. It assumes an imposing figure barely resembling a humanoid, an angular mix of flesh and machine, in layers of scales and metal plating, with mismatched sets of wings. With its esoteric shape, it can easily be taken for an Angel, or indeed several angels, as it uses its Shifting dread power to drastically alter its identifying visual traits.

Attributes: Power 10, Finesse 12, Resistance 9
    Willpower: 10, Essence: 50, Initiative: 22
    Defense: 10, Speed: 28, Size: 7
    Corpus: 16, Armor: 0
    Influences: Chaos ***, Infrastructure **
    Numina: Angel Eater, Innocuous, Mortal Mask, Omen Trance, Pathfinder, Regenerate, Seek, Sign
    Manifestations: Gauntlet Breach, Materialize, Reaching, Shadow Gateway, Twilight Form
    Essence Shaping: Forge Servant (Spawn, Herald), Gauntlet Manipulation, Locus Manipulation, One Million Eyes
    Dread Powers: Gauntlet Cloak, Hypnotic Gaze, Pierce Mind, Purification, Shifting
    Ban: The Seeker cannot hurt anyone or anything that provides it with a flash of insight towards a change on the level of the Fall, nor use its Dread Powers or Numina against them.
    Bane: Angel bones. Specifically, physical leftovers of an Angel's form extracted from the site where it Fell or died.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 03-17-2015, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Hey, Acrozatarim, do you mind if I use some of the custom powers you created for your Idigam? They work perfectly for this one idea I had a long time ago for a digital spirit entity called Light Weaver that was trying to become God by integrating itself with the world and replacing important objects and people with copies slaved to its will. I"m thinking about making it an Idigam who has seen the God-Machine and wants to replace it.

Funny thing is that after looking over this thread I can see it has a lot of similarities with the Seeker and the Operator.

Comment

Go right ahead! I'd have liked to put more Idigam powers into the corebook but, as ever, wordcount is the enemy

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Currently thinking that my next submission to this thread will be Susamaarhiuzza, the Liberator...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
            Go right ahead! I'd have liked to put more Idigam powers into the corebook but, as ever, wordcount is the enemy

Don't look at wordcount as the enemy. Think of it as an incentive to write and publish more sourcebooks. Many more sourcebooks.
            Last edited by branford; 03-30-2015, 12:07 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I am attempting to stat up Afzu’Umm’Ia from the Bristol Hunting Ground. Still in the preliminary stages, having difficult determining if it should be Rank 4 or 5 and what Influences it should have.

Revlid wrote:
              Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

You might read Chris Allen's story in the Idigam Fiction Anthology. It has a large presence within the story, without actually having much of a physical presence in the story. I think it's called the 'Great Teacher Beneath the Waves.' You'd definitely have some sort of Ocean Depths Influence, and perhaps something involved with teaching, but not something so limited. In exchange for worship, it taught them. Perhaps knowledge?

Comment

Here is my version of Afzu-Umm'Ia from the Bristol setting, based on my reading of Chris' story in the Anthology.

Afzu’Umm’Ia, "The Great Teacher Beneath the Waves"

Attributes: Power 13, Finesse 13, Resistance 14
                  Willpower: 10
                  Essence: 100
                  Initiative: 27
                  Defense: 14
                  Speed: 20
                  Size: 15
                  Corpus: 40
                  Armor: 14
                  Influences: Flood 5, Knowledge 5, Ocean Depths 3
                  Numina: Aggressive Meme, Awe, Dement, Ghost Eater, Implant Mission, Innocuous, Regenerate, Stalwart
                  Manifestations: Discorporate, Gauntlet Breach, Materialize, Reaching, Shadow Gateway, Twilight Form
                  Essence Shaping: Forge Servant (Claimed, Drowned, Herald, Spawn), Locus Manipulation
                  Dread Powers: Beastmaster, Colossus, Devourer, Elemental Fury (Flood), Shifting (Plant and Animal), Soul Slave
                  Ban: Afzu’Umm’Ia must share its knowledge in exchange for bloody sacrifices of Availability equal to its Rank. Human sacrifice accompanied by other valuable offerings is the most reliable source.
                  Bane: Stone from the sea floor sharpened by mankind.

I kinda imagine it looking like a sort of piscine shoggoth.
                  Last edited by Aiden; 04-03-2015, 05:10 PM. Reason: Miscalculated the Armor

Revlid wrote:
                  Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

That is quite the frightening idigam, especially considering where it rests.

Comment

I have been working on a second ed version of The Breeder if anyone would like to see it. Having offered, I do have to also provide warning that the revamped Idigam does contain triggers for those who have been subjected to abuse before, sexual abuse in particular. Now, my write up does not make light of the topic and I have done my utmost to be as tactful as possible, but it is a dark topic, therefore the creature has been designed to be dark. So if such topics offend/upset you all, I understand and will refrain from posting that particular Idigam, and instead will post what is possibly the first ever public Homebrew write up for an Idigam that has never been give stats- Hetraag :3

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
                        Here is my version of Afzu-Umm'Ia from the Bristol setting, based on my reading of Chris' story in the Anthology.

Afzu’Umm’Ia, "The Great Teacher Beneath the Waves"

Attributes: Power 13, Finesse 13, Resistance 14
                        Willpower: 10
                        Essence: 100
                        Initiative: 27
                        Defense: 14
                        Speed: 20
                        Size: 15
                        Corpus: 40
                        Armor: 14
                        Influences: Flood 5, Knowledge 5, Ocean Depths 3
                        Numina: Aggressive Meme, Awe, Dement, Ghost Eater, Implant Mission, Innocuous, Regenerate, Stalwart
                        Manifestations: Discorporate, Gauntlet Breach, Materialize, Reaching, Shadow Gateway, Twilight Form
                        Essence Shaping: Forge Servant (Claimed, Drowned, Herald, Spawn), Locus Manipulation
                        Dread Powers: Beastmaster, Colossus, Devourer, Elemental Fury (Flood), Shifting (Plant and Animal), Soul Slave
                        Ban: Afzu’Umm’Ia must share its knowledge in exchange for bloody sacrifices of Availability equal to its Rank. Human sacrifice accompanied by other valuable offerings is the most reliable source.
                        Bane: Stone from the sea floor sharpened by mankind.

I kinda imagine it looking like a sort of piscine shoggoth.
                        That's really good!

Comment

Susamaarhiuzza, the Liberator

Something writhes through the sky, unbound by gravity or sanity. It isn't really there, yet it blots out the sun with its coils and tendrils. You look up as it descends towards you, and it unfurls talons and excrescences in welcome. It is vast, and you are small, but it comes for you. It cares for you.

It wants to set you free.

Susamaarhiuzza is caught in eternal motion, roaming far and wide without rest or respite. It avoids the great, cancerous hives of humanity's mighty cities, instead dancing across open plains and squirming amidst the howling winds. It fell to earth amidst a vast expanse of grass and breeze, and saw around it freedom – freedom from the great prison of the moon, freedom to caper and sing and be. Yet the nature of the world had changed since last it could do so, and Coalescence has caged it with chains of permanence. To the Liberator, something is wrong with the world – something is making it a prison, not a paradise. It must examine freedom, understand freedom, and liberate the beings of the world who are themselves caught in chains that bind them. If it can bring true freedom to others, then perhaps it can free itself.

The idigam is a massive, fibrous thing that worms through the sky, all tendrils and coils and protuberances that shift and flow as its serpentine shape sinuously shifts. Unable to remain in one place for long, the Liberator does not pursue long-term plans in a given region – instead it arrives, wreaks havoc briefly and moves on. It often lets the weather direct where it will go, following the blowing winds and pressure fronts to carry it on to its next destination. Wily Uratha who discern this might be able to predict where Susamaarhiuzza will go next, or at least have as good an idea as any meteorological office can provide.

The Liberator wants to give the gift of freedom. Where it goes, disorder spreads. It consumes the spiritual reflections of organisations of order and process, and snatches those who enforce the law away into the Shadow to be subject to its tender ministrations. It spits out spawn and forges Claimed to attack places of confinement – prisons, animal pens, storehouses – so that they might break the locks and free whatever lies within. It embraces those who find themselves trapped, who believe themselves caught in the very prison of existence, those caught in the rigid routines of a life that never changes.

The Liberator does not simply rest at human notions of imprisonment and freedom. It is convinced that humans are prisoners of their own flesh, their own form, chained to a life of base physicality from which they must be released. This is not the freedom of death, though – that, the Liberator believes, is its own horrendous prison, and Susamaarhiuzza would dearly love to shatter the gates of the underworld and free the dead imprisoned within. No, it believes that humanity are a reflection of itself – that their earthly existence is a prison preventing them from ascending, from transcending, and that through freeing them it can learn how to free itself. The Liberator carves flesh and reality with its talons and tongues; those who it frees are sometimes left without skin yet still living, or their bodies wracked and twisted through impossible dimensions, or their psyches utterly disconnected from the biological processes of their shell of flesh. Staggering, shuffling people who are made of corkscrewing meat supported by nothing; men and women who fall to dust when the breeze touches them; humans who flicker through time, nothing more than smears of juddering chronology gone awry – these are the Free, the victims of the Liberator.

Every human soul that it twists and pulls from the bonds of sanity is another step closer to its own transcendence. The Liberator will not stop; it can almost taste its own true freedom. Rather, its efforts will grow worse. Every year, the chaos it causes grows wider in scope; fewer local tragedies, more revolutions and outbreaks of despair and madness. It edges closer to the vile great nests of humankind, starting to unpick their laws and their routines. It darts into a bustling capital, and cars crash and traffic stalls; a day later, a hospital ward is shut down as something horrific happens to the patients within. Soon it will grow bolder yet. The only saving grace is that it cannot tarry, cannot stay for long, and must always move on in its eternal search for freedom.
                          Last edited by Acrozatarim; 04-10-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

The Liberator

Rank 4
                            Attributes: Power 10 Finesse 12 Resistance 8
                            Willpower: 10 Essence: 50 Initiative: 20
                            Defence: 10 Speed: 60 (the Liberator can freely fly at this Speed; on the ground, its speed reduces to 30) Size: 20
                            Corpus: 48 Armour: 8
                            Influences: Freedom 4, Gales 5, Travel 3
                            Numina: Aggressive Meme, Emotional Aura, Entropic Decay, Implant Mission, Left-handed Spanner, Regenerate, 3 Numina slots exchanged for Influence dots
                            Manifestations: Gauntlet Breach, Materialise, Reaching, Shadow Gateway, Twilight Form
                            Essence Shaping: Forge Servant (Claimed, Spawn), Gauntlet Manipulation, Spirit Manipulation
                            Dread Powers: Colossus, Divine Clay, Elemental Fury (Gales), Shifting
                            Ban: The Liberator cannot remain in a given area for more than a week; in towns or cities, it can only remain for 2 days. After this time is up, it must move on, going with where the wind takes it for at least 2 days of travel.
                            Bane: Blood of a blood-sweating horse from the Mongolian-Manchurian Steppe.
                            Last edited by Acrozatarim; 04-10-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

So this one's designed to be a simpler idigam, purely using the powers in the corebook (though I can easily think of how to add some custom new ones for it) that can be used in a Chronicle in a few ways:
                              - It allows for an idigam to briefly be part of the story without it pinning the entire Chronicle on it, as the Liberator arrives for a week, unleashes chaos then moves on.
                              - It allows for a 'vengeance story', wherein the pack are pursuing the Liberator from place to place to try and bring it down because of what it has done to them; each place, they learn more of it and try to mitigate the damage it does.
                              - It allows for a more international-scope game with the pack leveraging Tribal ties and communication with other Uratha across the world, trying to decipher the nature of the Liberator and eventually hunt it down and take it down.

Comment

The Liberator wants to give the gift of freedom. Where it goes, disorder spreads. It consumes the spiritual reflections of organisations of order and process, and snatches those who enforce the law away into the Shadow to be subject to its tender ministrations. It spits out spawn and forges Claimed to attack places of confinement – prisons, animal pens, storehouses – so that they might break the locks and free whatever lies within. It embraces those who find themselves trapped, who believe themselves caught in the very prison of existence, those caught in the rigid routines of a life that never changes.
                                I'm very interested what would Liberator do with mages in his nearby? In the end, those are people seeking transcendence, liberation from worlds limitation.

Rank 4
                                (...)
                                Influences: Freedom 4, Gales 5, Travel 3
                                Can Rank 4 Spirit have an Influence on 5?

So this one's designed to be a simpler idigam, purely using the powers in the corebook (though I can easily think of how to add some custom new ones for it) that can be used in a Chronicle in a few ways:
                                - It allows for an idigam to briefly be part of the story without it pinning the entire Chronicle on it, as the Liberator arrives for a week, unleashes chaos then moves on.
                                - It allows for a 'vengeance story', wherein the pack are pursuing the Liberator from place to place to try and bring it down because of what it has done to them; each place, they learn more of it and try to mitigate the damage it does.
                                - It allows for a more international-scope game with the pack leveraging Tribal ties and communication with other Uratha across the world, trying to decipher the nature of the Liberator and eventually hunt it down and take it down.
                                I could even used him in my now running Swedish chronicle about Bale Hounds pack - only I'm going to end now. Still, it's tempting to add Liberator. Maybe will pass him as interlude, between season 1 and season 2?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                                LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X