New Idigam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Funny thing... That's probably the least effective means of going after the Oil.
    Whith the fact that it's providing essence for so many angels... What would happen if The Oil were to be freed? Would he assume control of those Angels? Would those Angels all fall or stop functioning? Would nothing happened? Why exactly would a Hunter Angel be ineffective, is it something to deal with processed essence and control?

Comment

It's kind of a special case among idigam as it is. A formless doesn't have a set ban or bane, they change every scene, as does everything about it. It's a Formless but has the properties of a Coalesced. But still missing some standard idigam abilities.

Both Formless and Coalesced are immune to supernatural powers that would command them, master them, or reshape their abilities, whether from Gifts, rites, or the witchcraft of other beings. The idigam can be bound or forced into dormancy, but they can never simply be leashed like a dog and forced into obedience. Their ancient, ever-flowing Essence simply shrugs off any such attempts to chain them to docility.
      Presumably whichever forces are involved with it would fear it being freed, for it might show all manner of other potentially dangerous abilities.
      Last edited by nofather; 04-28-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        It's kind of a special case among idigam as it is. A formless doesn't have a set ban or bane, they change every scene, as does everything about it. It's a Formless but has the properties of a Coalesced. But still missing some standard idigam abilities.

Presumably whichever forces are involved with it would fear it being freed, for it might show all manner of other potentially dangerous abilities.
        At the same time... this Gear obviously bypasses this trait, somehow. This also leads me to believe that if the God-Machine can control something that by it's very nature is uncontrollable, then it has a way to easily destroy the Idigam as well, since the Machine has already achieved the impossible XD

Comment

Reviving this thread with another idigam. Still not sure what its Bane could be, though. Any critique and suggestions are welcome. The First Tongue name is a placeholder until I can find (or think up) something more appropriate... unless it sounds alright to you guys.

Mitar Hissu, The Hollow Shadow
          Everyone has their secrets, some so damning in nature that to reveal them would have terrible consequences. They go to great lengths to ensure that they stay buried in the dark. But with each deception, and every act of denial, people only add more skeletons to the closet. And when it finally hits the point where they cannot run or hide any longer, it all comes crashing down on them like the biblical flood.

The idigam that calls itself the Hollow Shadow escalates this cycle of self-destruction for each and every one of its victims. One of the Earth-Bound, it was said to have awakened in England during Queen Elizabeth's reign. Details on its coalescence are few and far-between, though, hidden in a complex web of deception woven by the spirit and its many servants over the years. Those seeking this particular idigam's weakness must peel away these many layers of lies and half-truths before they can even gain a clue on how to finally banish it.

Indeed, the Hollow Shadow prizes secrets of all kinds, especially those rooted in dark and terrible things. It takes great pleasure in forcing them out through the most drawn out and painful of ways. And the experience is even more fulfilling when it does so in person. The Hollow Shadow accomplishes this by impersonating or possessing those strongly associated with its victims, and uses their forms to carry out its actions.

Most people who encounter the idigam outside of its disguises perceive a large roiling cloud of shadowy ephemera. And any who come into contact with it discover that their life energies are slowly sapped away. The cloud, however, is merely a product of Influences and Numina. It is created by the actual spirit to serve as protection, and is normally dismissed whenever it's alone or in the presence of its Heralds.

Mitar Hissu, The Hollow Shadow
          Attributes: Power 13, Finesse 15, Resistance 10
          Influences: Darkness 3, Guilt 2, Secrets 2
          Manifestations: Discorporate, Image, Materialize, Possess, Reaching, Twilight Form
          Numina: Abduct*, Awful Presence*, Dement, Emotional Aura, Hallucination, Innocuous, Legion**, Mirage**, Stutter Step*, Two Influence dots
          Essence Shaping: Forge Servant (Claimed, Herald, Spawn), Gauntlet Manipulation, Ghost Manipulation, Locus Manipulation, One Million Eyes, Shadow Warp, Spirit Manipulation
          Dread Powers: Divine Clay, Know Soul, Pierce Mind, Reality Stutter, Shifting, Spirit Dominion, Surprise Entrance

Corpus: 16
          Essence: 100
          Willpower: 10
          Defense: 13
          Size: 6
          Speed: 36
          Initiative: 25

Ban: The Hollow Shadow cannot use any Influences and Numina in a brightly lit area devoid of shadows. In the case of passive abilities, their effects are neutralized as long as the Ban is in effect.
          Bane: The feathers of a blue jay raised by a man who never said a lie.

Shifting: The idigam can only assume the form of human beings, but gains a +5 bonus to all rolls made to impersonate a given character.

Surprise Entrance: The idigam can use this Dread Power to emerge from a suitably large shadow.

* -- Homebrew of amechra
          ** -- Homebrew of GibberingEloquence
          Last edited by Deionscribe; 12-06-2016, 11:13 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

For the bane... a Blue Jay born in the 30th April and raides by a man who never said a lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
              For the bane... a Blue Jay born in the 30th April and raides by a man who never said a lie?
              Oh? That's an interesting one. Care to explain it for me?

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Oh? That's an interesting one. Care to explain it for me?
                The Blue Jay represents honesty, integrity and openess, and the 30th of April is Honesty Day in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
                  The Blue Jay represents honesty, integrity and openess, and the 30th of April is Honesty Day in America.
                  Now that is very appropriate I'll probably cut out the 30th of April part, but the rest of the Bane is pretty apt for the Hollow Shadow. Now, I just need to figure out what sort of circumstances it coalesced at besides it happening during the Elizabethan Age.

Or how about this? "The feathers of a blue jay raised by a man who never said a lie"

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

"The feathers of a blue jay raised by a man who never said a lie"
                    Sounds good to me.
                    Last edited by Raistlin; 08-02-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Finally worked out the Ban for Apep at last. Basically, it's like RWBY's Grimm.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                      Age of Azar
                      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• I suppose that mean I should get off my butt and finish writing the Oil...

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Added Divine Clay, as well as Ghost and Spirit Manipulation to the Hollow Shadow's power list. Also, am working via collaboration on two Mystery Cults tied to it.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                          Age of Azar
                          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Here's a new idea I've had for a while, now. How would you guys handle an idigam that coalesced around an Iremite Relic? Or even at an Arisen's Tomb?

I'm planning on working out a draft for such an idigam within this week. But so far, I can picture it being a more or less stationary creature that is difficult to pry off from its claimed territory.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• It might have gotten a glimpse of the 'eternal city' and decided to become it. Similar to Acrozatarim's idigam-to-underworld except more of an overworld, forming the basic foundation of the city or a bunch of idealists who want to build the city.

Comment

• The Oil is still a work in progress, but I can at least post this:

Angel Manipulation

The idigam can speak the occult circuitry of angels. With a Power + Finesse roll opposed by the angel's Finesse + Resistance, the idigam may reprogram both the angel's ephemera and objectives. This attack costs Essence equal to the angel's Rank, but if it succeeds the idigam can perform one of the following:

• Shift a number of dots equal to the idigam’s Rank in the angel's Attributes and Influences.
                                • Swap a single Numen for another.
                                • Change the angel's mission.
                                • Alter the angel's memories, Vice and Virtue.
                                • Alter the angel's ban and bane.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X