No announcement yet.

Translupine Space: Fetish and Talen Construction Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go, I think I would throw my hat into the ring, literally.

Tril Noir ( *** Fetish)

Say what one will about the twenties and thirties, but there is a reason why the idea of the hard boiled detective walking the beat to get information is so romanticised and Well received: it gives the impression of getting results.

This trilby is many decades old, yet looks and feels brand new, possessing an almost palpable aura of certainty and purpose- as if its very presence will assure the resolution of whatever conundrum the wearer faces.

Spirits of law enforcement or inspiration power these Fetishes

Effect:

When worn by a werewolf possessing the Insight Facet Read The World’s Loom, when activated the Tril Noir seems to imbue those who the wearer questions with a variant of the Gift’s power, allowing them to make startlingly accurate descriptions of a recent event, as well as giving a detailed extrapolation of what will most likely occur in the future relating to said events ( though they quickly forget said insights)

mechanically, this Fetish grants the user a +2 modifier to Read The World’s Loom when seeking insight on a future event related to those described by the person questioned , as well extending its time frame of clarity from 24 hours to 48.

Comment

Chimera Maker (Talen, dot rating unclear)

Often found among the treasuries of Iron Masters for ideological reasons and Hunters in Darkness for practical ones, this Talen takes the form of a small ball of leather strips adorned with feathers, fangs, and claws from a diverse array of animal species.

Effect: When the bearer uses the Skin Thief Facet of the Gift of Change to alter his Urhan form and spends a Willpower point to copy the predator's shape indefinitely, he may activate this Talen. Doing so causes the new form to become a permanent aspect of himself; the werewolf may choose between either his natural wolf form or stolen predator's form when shifting to Urhan, and he retains the form even if he uses Skin Thief again. Furthermore, the werewolf's eyes no longer stand out in the copied form.
      There are rumors that Uratha who use this Talen multiple times to adopt a veritable ark of animal forms begin to exhibit odd quirks, sliding out of Harmony much faster than normal or falling into Death Rage much easier. Even darker still are the whispers that the Chimera Maker gives a werewolf a type of spiritual affinity with the Magath.

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
        Chimera Maker (Talen, dot rating unclear)

Often found among the treasuries of Iron Masters for ideological reasons and Hunters in Darkness for practical ones, this Talen takes the form of a small ball of leather strips adorned with feathers, fangs, and claws from a diverse array of animal species.

Effect: When the bearer uses the Skin Thief Facet of the Gift of Change to alter his Urhan form and spends a Willpower point to copy the predator's shape indefinitely, he may activate this Talen. Doing so causes the new form to become a permanent aspect of himself; the werewolf may choose between either his natural wolf form or stolen predator's form when shifting to Urhan, and he retains the form even if he uses Skin Thief again. Furthermore, the werewolf's eyes no longer stand out in the copied form.
        There are rumors that Uratha who use this Talen multiple times to adopt a veritable ark of animal forms begin to exhibit odd quirks, sliding out of Harmony much faster than normal or falling into Death Rage much easier. Even darker still are the whispers that the Chimera Maker gives a werewolf a type of spiritual affinity with the Magath.

That's five dots, the only kind of fetish of talen that can bend rules like that and I would say it should be a fetish rather than a talen as the new form is stored in the fetish, not sure why would a werewolf go that far though

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Hag's Comb, or the Benjamin Button Brush (Fetish •••)
          An ornate brush, usually something that's been owned for a long time and means something more to its owner than a simple grooming accessory. Bound with a spirit of time, the comb allows a werewolf to alter their hishu form even further.
          Effect: When activated, a werewolf who uses Luna's embrace can make their hishu form older, appearing wizened, hunched and gray with age, or younger, though unless they have the Small-Framed Merit they will stand out as a particularly tall and likely gawky-looking youth.
          ​Thanks nofather! What would you use to change size as well? Geppetto's Planer?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeveth View Post

That's five dots, the only kind of fetish of talen that can bend rules like that and I would say it should be a fetish rather than a talen as the new form is stored in the fetish, not sure why would a werewolf go that far though
            Hmm, I see your point. I made it a Talen to make it somewhat difficult for one werewolf to go around stocking up on alternate forms. That does make me think as well that there might exist Fetishes that when activated alter a werewolf's Urhan to a different, predetermined form.

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post

Hmm, I see your point. I made it a Talen to make it somewhat difficult for one werewolf to go around stocking up on alternate forms. That does make me think as well that there might exist Fetishes that when activated alter a werewolf's Urhan to a different, predetermined form.

A crystal crow-skull that enables them to assume that form instead when ingested. It must be expelled to return Urhan to the original state.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
              X