Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
    Simple question: when you lose one of your Touchstones, you immediately slip in the opposite direction (physical Touchstone fades - automatic loss of Harmony; spiritual Touchstone is left behind - automatic increase of Harmony); but when you establish new relationship towards it you encounter breaking point in the other direction (WtF 2ed, p. 87).
    The other direction from the one you slid in for losing the Touchstone.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
    That means when my character lost his physical Touchstone (his Harmony slipped one dot towards Spirit), then he will have a breaking point towards Spirit for establishing new relationship with different physical Touchstone, yes?
    No, that would be in the same direction as you slipped for having lost the first Touchstone.

​If this is correct I would like to know why there is possibility of strengthening your spiritual side for establishing connections with something that exist for the purpose of rooting character in his human, physical and material nature? Either I'm not translating text correctly, or something isn't entirely right.
    It seems you misinterpreted what "the other direction" was referring to.

I supposed that when my character lost his spiritual companion (one dot of Harmony up toward Flesh), he should encounter breaking point toward Spirit for establishing significant relationship with something that reminds him that he is partially Spirit as well.
    You supposed correctly.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Can the Pure defect to the Forsaken? I've seen the stuff about Forsaken joining the Pure and getting their Auspice "burned" out of them, but can a Pure werewolf join the Forsaken and gain an Auspice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gellydog View Post
        Can the Pure defect to the Forsaken? I've seen the stuff about Forsaken joining the Pure and getting their Auspice "burned" out of them, but can a Pure werewolf join the Forsaken and gain an Auspice?
        If it's possible at all, it's the stuff of legend — wholesale conversion to the Pure state involves a process not entirely unlike getting a Gift.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Gellydog View Post
          Can the Pure defect to the Forsaken? I've seen the stuff about Forsaken joining the Pure and getting their Auspice "burned" out of them, but can a Pure werewolf join the Forsaken and gain an Auspice?
          We talked about it in more detail here. It was possible, but rare, in first edition. There's no equivalent rite in second but it's still early in the game and the game has been more open about possibilities so I wouldn't expect it to be closed off, but like Satchel says it would be rare enough to be a thing of legends. The Pure would go far to kill anyone trying to leave them.

Comment

• It's probably far more common (and that's still pretty damn rare) for a pure to defect and just stay auspiceless.

Comment

• Which Facets/Fetishes can be useful against vs vampire's Celerity? Into more or less open combat (only short-term ambushes are allowed).
              I can remember only HIT AND RUN
              Last edited by Lashet; 03-21-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lashet View Post
                Which Facets/Fetishes can be useful against vs vampire's Celerity? Into more or less open combat (only short-term ambushes are allowed).
                I can remember only HIT AND RUN
                Not quite sure what you mean but guessing it's the 'running away and running back' kind of thing. Werewolf senses would probably compensate enough for that, since they can follow very fast moving things with their eyes, so it wouldn't be 'the vampire disappeared!' so much as 'the vampire went over there.'.

The Crimson Falx can lop off a leg with the first attack, which would severely hinder running away abilities. An opening attack with urshul can inflict knocked down, which would do the same. Hit and Run, One Step Ahead. Pack Triumphs Together can give everyone in the pack the same Initiative, so jumping one would potentially lead you into attacks by the others. Black Earth, Red Hunger brings up obstacles, Knotted Path makes escape impossible. Potentially Maze Ward or All Doors Locked, which lets you open and close any doors in the way. Heavens Unleashed would make moving around fast much more difficult. If you're of the right auspice, the Shrieking Moon Gifts can turn your opponent into a gibbering, soulless mess.

Fetishes are hard, because there's infinite variations of them and you should be making some up yourself.

Comment

• Urhan form lets you use an ability similar to the interrupt action thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

Not quite sure what you mean but guessing it's the 'running away and running back' kind of thing.
                    This facet
                    "This Facet can be used to interrupt an attack action that is aimed at the Uratha. Before the action is taken, the Uratha may immediately disengage and move up to her full Speed away." And vampire's speed as is is not such a problem as the ability to interrupt any enemy's action he aware of.

Comment

• I mean, in some face-to-face, HtH fight. It's quite hard to make bloodsucker spend the whole bloodpool.

Comment

I mean, in some face-to-face, HtH fight. It's quite hard to make bloodsucker spend the whole bloodpool.
                        Just doing Lethal damage to them should be more than enough to help. They aren't able to use Celerity to both interrupt an action and move to the head of the Initiative Queue, and can't use more interrupts than they have Celerity in a scene, so they max out at five.

And if you just Ready an Action, something like, 'I hold my action until the vampire comes near me,' you should be able to take advantage providing the vampire approaches, even if it means forgoing your normal turn.

Simply Grappling would stop it dead.
                        Last edited by nofather; 03-21-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

Just doing Lethal damage to them should be more than enough to help. They aren't able to use Celerity to both interrupt an action and move to the head of the Initiative Queue, and can't use more interrupts than they have Celerity in a scene, so they max out at five.
                          I know it. But everything that vampire need to do - just interrupt you attacks. While he actually can attack later in his turn. So, Hit and Run become completely 'musthave'.

Comment

• Actually, it's fully possible for a vampire to both interrupt an action and move to the top of the initiative queue. They are able to use each active Celerity effect once per turn; not just one active Celerity effect per turn. However, since both effects are typically followed by an action it's rarely practical to do both during the same turn.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

I know it. But everything that vampire need to do - just interrupt you attacks. While he actually can attack later in his turn. So, Hit and Run become completely 'musthave'.
                              You could just travel around with a pack, personal totem, or your totem.

As Tessie pointed out, they can interrupt and move to the top if they have enough Blood Potency, but they still only have one action per turn and a werewolf or spirit is more than a match for a vampire unless you're talking pup-out-of-First Change versus some centuries-old-creep.

Even alone, just land one shot and they're now torn between using Celerity twice or healing. And that's still Vitae they're not using for Physical Intensity or Resilience. Use Urhan to interrupt them, and Urshul to cripple them.

Since standing up is an action, I'd argue you couldn't really interrupt an attack with 'standing up.'

Comment

• Huh, I re-read the rules just now.
                                Finally, using Celerity in this way is exhausting; a vampire may only interrupt as many actions in a scene as she has dots in Celerity
                                That's the thing. I thought, they can broke others' action in a turn. Untill Vitae will be change spent.
                                Yep, i was wrong.
                                Last edited by Lashet; 03-21-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X