No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone home-converted the Ananasi for Nwod or chronicles? Or homebrewed something similar? I've already looked at changing breeds.

she/her

Comment

• Have you checked out the Azlu, in Predators? It's a more monstrous take but they are spiders and spider-people and giant spider monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
        Have you checked out the Azlu, in Predators? It's a more monstrous take but they are spiders and spider-people and giant spider monsters.
        I was aware of them, but haven't actually read it. My ST was asking about playable werespiders and I think the Azlu might be too monstrous for a PC option, if there are even mechanics for it. It's a mixed chronicle, but would an Azlu be willing/able to cooperate with mortals and other supernaturals, including possibly a werewolf?

she/her

Comment

• Oh, as-written the Azlu are totally unplayable.

But you could use some of their mechanics in a conversion.

Comment

• Yeah port their different shapes over for shapeshifting, offer some of their mechanical powers in place of gifts or rites.

You could just make a werewolf and give him spider forms instead of wolf ones, using the azlu as a template.

Without the Weaver, do the Ananasi really have much to them, beyond being blood-drinking spider people?

Comment

Without the Weaver, do the Ananasi really have much to them, beyond being blood-drinking spider people?
              Maybe not, but they seem preferable to the Spinner- Kin for a lot of reasons.

I'll mention the possibility of converting the Azlu to him, though, thank you.

she/her

Comment

Huge text dump, apologies ahead of time.

*snippity!*
                Thanks nofather, your experience is most welcome! It looks like the sum is: how packs behave is entirely dependent on their circumstances and characteristics, but they don't have a sure-fire way to finger an unknown wolf-blood (short of close contact, possibly extended and via interrogation). And how direct they may be in "dealing with" the problem will depend on how confident they feel at the time and other, specific circumstances and goals.

In other words, packs (even Pure) are made of people, who just happen to turn into wolves and eat spirits....

--Khanwulf

Comment

• Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
                  Thanks nofather, your experience is most welcome! It looks like the sum is: how packs behave is entirely dependent on their circumstances and characteristics, but they don't have a sure-fire way to finger an unknown wolf-blood (short of close contact, possibly extended and via interrogation). And how direct they may be in "dealing with" the problem will depend on how confident they feel at the time and other, specific circumstances and goals.

In other words, packs (even Pure) are made of people, who just happen to turn into wolves and eat spirits....
                  Right, that's a good way of looking at it.

There are some tendencies and stuff you can see mentioned throughout the books like Tribes of the Moon and the Pure or War Against the Pure would obviously have some tactics of the various groups. But werewolves 'grow up' in different circumstances and place their emphasis on the hunt in different things, so their priorities and methods and so forth are more based on the individual.

Comment

• This is probably in the book but i can't seem to find it.
                    How does new members get introduced in the packs? And how large is a pack? Im not really talking about the Uratha, but about woolf-blooded and normal humans. Mostly normal humans. Becouse as far as i know, they also get the Totem gift-thing and many gifts and such only applies to pack members

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseur View Post
                      ]How does new members get introduced in the packs?
                      Any way the pack needs. Some might just stumble upon the secret and have to be informed, others might go through a ceremony or initiation of some sort. It's going to vary pack to pack.

And how large is a pack? Im not really talking about the Uratha, but about woolf-blooded and normal humans. Mostly normal humans. Becouse as far as i know, they also get the Totem gift-thing and many gifts and such only applies to pack members
                      The Totem Advantage isn't in the form of a Gift. The Totem gives you Merits, Skill Specialties, Skills, or Attributes. Packs can really be as small as four people, or as large as a hundred. Some might not have humans at all, while some in very close territories might consider everyone inside a member of the pack. Going by character creation, each werewolf has one wolf-blooded, then 1-3 humans. If you're working on creating some packs, that's a median you can go by.

Comment

Any way the pack needs. Some might just stumble upon the secret and have to be informed, others might go through a ceremony or initiation of some sort. It's going to vary pack to pack.

The Totem Advantage isn't in the form of a Gift. The Totem gives you Merits, Skill Specialties, Skills, or Attributes. Packs can really be as small as four people, or as large as a hundred. Some might not have humans at all, while some in very close territories might consider everyone inside a member of the pack. Going by character creation, each werewolf has one wolf-blooded, then 1-3 humans. If you're working on creating some packs, that's a median you can go by.

Yeah but are there any formal ways of doing it, is it a Rite or just only narrative?
                        And yeah, the Totem thing aint a Gift, i know that, but didn't remember what t was called, therefor Totem gift-thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseur View Post
                          Yeah but are there any formal ways of doing it, is it a Rite or just only narrative?
                          No, just a narrative. There are some abilities that can temporarily bring people into the pack that could be used as a first step, though.

Comment

No, just a narrative. There are some abilities that can temporarily bring people into the pack that could be used as a first step, though.
                            Lead the Lesser Pack, Wisdom facet of Dominance.

Comment

• What happens if a werewolf becomes Soulless? In the book the main context of Soullessness for werewolves is immediately followed by an idigam shoving a spirit or a soul in its place and creating an Empty Wolf, but what happens if that doesn't happen? I imagine the werewolf would be unable to gain additional Renown or unlock Gifts and Gift Facets, as per an Empty Wolf, but what impact would it have on Harmony?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
                                What happens if a werewolf becomes Soulless? In the book the main context of Soullessness for werewolves is immediately followed by an idigam shoving a spirit or a soul in its place and creating an Empty Wolf, but what happens if that doesn't happen? I imagine the werewolf would be unable to gain additional Renown or unlock Gifts and Gift Facets, as per an Empty Wolf, but what impact would it have on Harmony?
                                There's no content discussing such an outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X