Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post
    If anything it should be a wits+comp to percieve the condition, or int+medicine to understand the information you picked up?
    Yeah, social stats don't really come into it except perhaps in linking the changed scent to a personality shift. Perception's meant to be a situational dicepool anyways, so Medicine and Intelligence seem fine, especially for things like scenting out diseases.

Comment

• Do werewolves have any special relations with Orca spirits? They are called ‘the wolves of the sea’

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
        Do werewolves have any special relations with Orca spirits? They are called ‘the wolves of the sea’
        None that we know of. Even if they do, it’ll be a pack-by-pack thing rather than something the entire race has.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Also this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhlut

Comment

I feel like you've got a case of an idagam here. Whalewolf ahoy!

Comment

• It would als make a good gift being able to also turn into a motherfucking orca ,, you know there named after a Roman death god

Comment

Can werewolves not eat stuff like chocolate, coffee ,grapes all the other dog poison we keep in are rooms
                From the 1st edition supplementary book 'Blood of the Wolf':

"If a werewolf changes to the wolf or near-wolf form within an hour of consuming any more than a single dose of either (=caffeine or chocolate), she will suffer serious problems. Her heart rate will increase and become irregular, and she may suffer a seizure, enter a coma or both."

"A werewolf who IS forced into such an unfortunate situation must make a Stamina + Resolve roll at a penalty of one per dose consumed in the past hour. If she has taken one or two doses and fails, she suffers a seizure and is unable to do more than writhe for one half-hour per dose. If she has taken three or more doses, she enters a coma for six hours per dose taken. After the allotted time, her natural abilities have eliminated the problem; as with normal drugs, the werewolf may spend one point of Essence to 'burn out' one dose of a drug, even while unconscious."

So werewolves can eat it, but they *will* survive (granted that nothing kills them while they're prone).

Urum da takus.

Comment

• That seems like something that would have changed in second edition, since they're less biologically wolf and more spiritually hunter.

Also it's stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost-His-Mind View Post
                    From the 1st edition supplementary book 'Blood of the Wolf':

"If a werewolf changes to the wolf or near-wolf form within an hour of consuming any more than a single dose of either (=caffeine or chocolate), she will suffer serious problems. Her heart rate will increase and become irregular, and she may suffer a seizure, enter a coma or both."

"A werewolf who IS forced into such an unfortunate situation must make a Stamina + Resolve roll at a penalty of one per dose consumed in the past hour. If she has taken one or two doses and fails, she suffers a seizure and is unable to do more than writhe for one half-hour per dose. If she has taken three or more doses, she enters a coma for six hours per dose taken. After the allotted time, her natural abilities have eliminated the problem; as with normal drugs, the werewolf may spend one point of Essence to 'burn out' one dose of a drug, even while unconscious."

So werewolves can eat it, but they *will* survive (granted that nothing kills them while they're prone).

I'm going to agree with nofather here. Also, what sense would it make that you can get your PU to help you resist cyanide, but caffeine or chocolate knocks you out? Heal from bashing damage in seconds, but caffeine could kill you? Eat raw meat with little to no concern, especially as PU goes up since it becomes mandatory, but a hershey's kiss is gonna put you down for the count?

This is why I don't use 1e supplements with 2e materials- it's good if you want it, but it's not the same system and you should be prepared for it not to fit.

Comment

• Other than the lure of easy Essence and evidence erasure, what other incentives or urges do Werewolves have to eat human flesh?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                        Other than the lure of easy Essence and evidence erasure, what other incentives or urges do Werewolves have to eat human flesh?
                        Rebalancing away from the top of the scale. Also it's one of the main things Death Rage impels them towards.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                          Rebalancing away from the top of the scale. Also it's one of the main things Death Rage impels them towards.

Ah, so Death Rage does come with the urge to eat human flesh. That was my initial question, but I wanted to broaden the scope of the question. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                            Other than the lure of easy Essence and evidence erasure, what other incentives or urges do Werewolves have to eat human flesh?
                            *cackles madly* “You think you’re in a position to negotiate?! This is how this goes down!” *takes bite of hostage* “You’re going to hand over my prey, and I’m going to give you my leftovers in exchange! How much is left depends on how quickly you give in to my demands. I suggest you do so quickly. Another serving or two and he might no longer recover.”

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                            Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
                            Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

*cackles madly* “You think you’re in a position to negotiate?! This is how this goes down!” *takes bite of hostage* “You’re going to hand over my prey, and I’m going to give you my leftovers in exchange! How much is left depends on how quickly you give in to my demands. I suggest you do so quickly. Another serving or two and he might no longer recover.”
                              I assumed intimidation, but a sufficiently ballsy human could do that too.

How's that going to go over with other Forsaken or the remnants of whatever human moral training they still cling to, though?

Yes, I know Pure won't mind.

Comment

• Does Dalu form howl and snarl like a human or a wolf?

Comment

Working...
                                X