No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nofather ArchonAres He asked if there was a ruling in the books, not whether or not I agree with said rulings. I don't enforce this in my games, as there's a choca-holic in my party.

Urum da takus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

I assumed intimidation, but a sufficiently ballsy human could do that too.

How's that going to go over with other Forsaken or the remnants of whatever human moral training they still cling to, though?

Yes, I know Pure won't mind.
      It probably wouldn’t go over well, at all, but you asked about werewolves in general, not just the Forsaken or those with strong morals.
      On a more serious note, I could easily see there being forbidden Gifts and dark rituals that play off a wicked wolf’s snack time. Some may even need to do so to appease a particularly terrifying totem spirit.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
      Freelance Writer
      Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
      Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

It probably wouldn’t go over well, at all, but you asked about werewolves in general, not just the Forsaken or those with strong morals.
        On a more serious note, I could easily see there being forbidden Gifts and dark rituals that play off a wicked wolf’s snack time. Some may even need to do so to appease a particularly terrifying totem spirit.
        Gift of the Feast? Big-Bad-Wolf-the-Hobgoblin Totem?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

How's that going to go over with other Forsaken or the remnants of whatever human moral training they still cling to, though?

Pure were human once, too. Obviously the specifics will depend on the individual werewolf, the situation it happens in (if it happens in Death Rage it's entirely possible you don't know it happened at all), as well as their social surroundings. Some packs may be more understanding and aim for a 'Don't let it happen again' while others might insist that it's the most important Oath to obey and now you have to undergo some cleansing rites. Others might shrug it off entirely.

There's a few groups that embrace the eating of human flesh, notably the Lodge of the Wendigo, and in first edition it was depicted as something almost addictive in its enjoyable qualities. Some of the Maeljin are (or were) also big on encouraging it. You also have regular old spirits that would love for you to do it, who may be pack or personal totems or just things offering friendly encouragement.

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          Does Dalu form howl and snarl like a human or a wolf?
          Either. The specifics of your dalu form seem unique to the individual, examples in the book depict some tending more human, while some look more monstrous (notably you can have Fortified Form and Living Weapon and have particularly monstrous-seeming dalu forms)..
          Last edited by nofather; 05-30-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I assumed intimidation, but a sufficiently ballsy human could do that too.

I'd have at least one Blood Talon pack hunt you down for such blatant disregard of the Oath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost-His-Mind View Post
              nofather ArchonAres He asked if there was a ruling in the books, not whether or not I agree with said rulings. I don't enforce this in my games, as there's a choca-holic in my party.
              A ruling in 1e does not a ruling in 2e make.

Comment

• Can a werewolf, with Influence over water at 3 (don't remember the name of the gift at the moment), invert the flow of a river in order to try to let some fugitive to sink or be dragged back to him?
                How can I calculate the area affected by the influence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post
                  Can a werewolf, with Influence over water at 3 (don't remember the name of the gift at the moment), invert the flow of a river in order to try to let some fugitive to sink or be dragged back to him?
                  Control Influence? Sounds doable. Dunno about the area, though - if it’s not in the Ephemeral Entity rules, then I’d assume it’s just enough to tie up most of the fugitives but leave one or two free and able to help the others.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post
                    Can a werewolf, with Influence over water at 3 (don't remember the name of the gift at the moment), invert the flow of a river in order to try to let some fugitive to sink or be dragged back to him?
                    I'd reserve it for a dramatic use of Create, because by reversing a river's flow, you're basically creating something new, geographically speaking.

Comment

• Do some werewolves have sex in non hishu forms? Is it like a kink?

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                        Do some werewolves have sex in non hishu forms? Is it like a kink?
                        Dunno. Ask the people who wrote Changing Breeds back in nWoD.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

So technically, it's not exactly against the oath, and humans will be humans. Hell, I've had a PC do that off screen just to attempt a harmony break towards spirit. I'd say it's not likely to be kosher, at the minimum.

Comment

• If they have sex in wolf form will they get stuck like wolves for a hour that would be funny

Comment

Attitudes towards sex and attraction seem like one of the biggest things that would vary depending on the individual and whatever social group influences them (along with acceptable application of violence). At the very least, having sex in dalu form isn't exactly exploring the far frontier of sexual imagination, and probably wouldn't even be considered weird, again depending on the individual (one werewolf's dalu form can, through the Favored Form Merit, be particularly charismatic and empathetic, while another through Fortified Form can be covered in thick, knotted scar tissue like Deadpool).

It's possible Blood of the Wolf gets into this, one chapter seemed to be about pinning down the 'everyday life' of werewolves. But werewolves have changed a lot since first edition.
                              Last edited by nofather; 05-31-2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• How have they changed?

Comment

Working...
                                X