No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a paragraph on p59 of The Pack saying human and Wolf-Blooded pack members can use Pack Tactics. On the very same page there's a sidebar saying they can't (except for Wolf-Blooded with the Tell presented in the sidebar). So which is true?

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

• The sidebar.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Maybe I missed an explanation elsewhere in the chapter but what exactly does the “Wolf-Blooded and Human Pack” tag on Moon’s Grace mean? It sounds kind of like the pack can’t have any werewolves in it but the merit description not only makes no mention of such a thing but repeatedly refers to “Wolf-Blooded and human members of the pack” in such a way as to imply that they aren’t the only members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
          Maybe I missed an explanation elsewhere in the chapter but what exactly does the “Wolf-Blooded and Human Pack” tag on Moon’s Grace mean? It sounds kind of like the pack can’t have any werewolves in it but the merit description not only makes no mention of such a thing but repeatedly refers to “Wolf-Blooded and human members of the pack” in such a way as to imply that they aren’t the only members.

"MOON’S GRACE (•••, •••• OR •••••, WOLF-BLOODED AND HUMAN PACKS ONLY)"

It's for packs without werewolves. Just wolf-blooded and humans.

Comment

• What do Lunes look like? I've spent an hour trying to research this on the website... no luck, so sorry if it was asked before.

The description of Lunes as angels took me off-guard for Shunned by the Moon's opening fiction. I don't dislike it, but it was not what I had in mind, especially one of them being the ring-angels called Thrones/Ophanim.

I suppose there'd be nothing preventing that, but, is that typical, or, is that not something I should feel pressured by? Is that normal for Lunes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
              What do Lunes look like? I've spent an hour trying to research this on the website... no luck, so sorry if it was asked before.
              An image of various Lunes from Predators 1E book.

I once run mine Gibbious Moon Lune as 'Silver Man in Silver Armour' - but somehow without proper man features.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Lunes being metamorphic spirits can very much take in on the inhuman, old testament shape of angels that usually began their revelations with "do not be afraid" because they looked like fucking monsters.

Comment

• Yes. In addition to the picture, Predators explains, 'All Lunes have the ability to change their shape to some extent. Depending on their choir and the current phase of the moon, they may appear as abstracted beasts or humans, chimerical fusions of both, even as inanimate objects or imitations of werewolves.'

And each of the 'prime' lunes (one representing each auspice, and glimmerlings for stray moonlight) has a physical description that offers a variety of takes. As an example, 'The Elunim are entities of both light and dark, a duality reflected in their forms. An Elunim often appears luminescent on one half of their form, and shadowy on the other. The “light” and “dark” aspects may even possess dramatically different features: a Cloven Lune that wears a wolf form may have sleek, silver fur and a slender build on one side and a shaggy, dark coat and bulge with brawny strength on the other. A few even lack substance on their “shadowed” side, and appear like lambent figures that have been sliced in half.'

Comment

• Predators book eh? Thanks you all!

Oh this is very exciting! Thanks! I was worried I was *supposed* to portray them as judeo-christian angels with lunar symbols...!

Malus's clear up also helps on how they're not necessary but fitting for contexts!

Comment

• Does anyone know where to buy Predators in pdf? It's only available in print from DrivethruRPG for some reason, despite every other title having a pdf option, and I'm not keen on getting a physical book from last edition when I really just need a pdf for reference/inspiration.

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

• That is strange. I'd suggest contacting Drivethru and asking what's up. I have the pdf from there so it was available at some point. I suspect it's a system error that they could address quickly.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• After that point, she must choose: Shift
                          down into Dalu or Urshul, or fall into Kuruth. If she does not shift,
                          roll Resolve + Composure as a reflexive action. If she succeeds, she
                          has one more turn in Gauru, then must shift to Dalu or Urshul,
                          and enters Wasu-Im. If she fails, she enters Basu-Im immediately
                          If he success the roll he can stay a turn more then he's forced to transofrm back in Dalu or Urshul (in Wasu-Im), no matter if he wants to keep the Gauru form falling in Basu-Im. Or he can decide to fall in Basu-Im to stay Gauru as per his primal urge?
                          Last edited by Marcus; 07-29-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post

If he success the roll he can stay a turn more then he's forced to transofrm back in Dalu or Urshul (in Wasu-Im), no matter if he wants to keep the Gauru form falling in Basu-Im. Or he can decide to fall in Basu-Im to stay Gauru as per his primal urge?
                            The later. You can give into the Death Rage.

Comment

• Barring the relevant Gift, what are some possible means to ascertain a spirit's Ban or Bane? One of my players can see spirits and is well versed in spirit lore but isn't a werewolf; and I'm trying to give her options to suss these out that don't take lots of game time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corrigan View Post
                                Barring the relevant Gift, what are some possible means to ascertain a spirit's Ban or Bane? One of my players can see spirits and is well versed in spirit lore but isn't a werewolf; and I'm trying to give her options to suss these out that don't take lots of game time.
                                Research rolls are the go-to; if you've got the Chronicles of Darkness Core Rulebook, the systems for mortal interaction with ephemeral beings includes a basic system of extended actions to find either or both of an entity's main weaknesses on page 139, reproduced from the page labeled as 230 in the free God-Machine Rules Update, though if you're looking for means that don't need some time investment and the spirit's not low-Ranking then making a lucky/educated guess is about as good as can reliably be used without simply providing a homebrewed option.
                                Last edited by Satchel; 08-04-2019, 02:34 AM.

Resident Lore-Hound
                                Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Working...
                                X