Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is rape an actual "frecuent" thing in fosaken society? or just a crime that happens becuase "some" uratha are true monsters? what´s the frecuency?

    I ask this becuase in the pure supplement one of the posible reasons for forsaken going pure is the alpha of a pack selecting the sister of a beta as a "breeding mare" and other books talk about the wolf blooded being used as a bredding stock not to mention that in TV Tropes talks about the Call Human rite being used to summon woman and spreed the seed...

    Mind that i have no problem with CoD not holding his punches in fact I like it becuase that way avoids sounding edgy.
    Last edited by Leandro16; 08-09-2019, 02:45 PM.


    Hunger pool

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
      Is rape an actual "frecuent" thing in fosaken society? or just a crime that happens becuase "some" uratha are true monsters? what´s the frecuency?
      No, its something that happens because some are just monsters, there's no given frequency.

      Second edition removed a lot of these things, 'breeding mares' aren't a thing since now werewolves can safely reproduce on their own (and wolf blooded are not to be abused), and there is no call human rite in second edition, though if you added one there would be plenty of things to do with it than use it to rape.

      Comment


      • Quick Question. Do werewolf claws (in all 4 forms except Hishu) deal lethal or bashing damage to vampires?

        Comment


        • Generally they would just do Bashing to vampires, because vampires have a sort of Lethal damage-reducer. But you could get enhancements that claw through it.

          It's the jaws, the bite attack, that always do Lethal (except when they do Aggravated, during eating attacks), even in Hishu.

          Comment


          • Thanks mate. Can I ask though where you found this information about the bite, because in the forms, it is part of the same text with the claws, and I'm not sure werewolves can feed on vampires to gain essence and deal aggravated damage and in the unarmed Combat bit, it doesn't say anything like that.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Emerus View Post
              Thanks mate. Can I ask though where you found this information about the bite, because in the forms, it is part of the same text with the claws, and I'm not sure werewolves can feed on vampires to gain essence and deal aggravated damage and in the unarmed Combat bit, it doesn't say anything like that.

              Top of page 99, in the 'The Predator's Jaws' sidebar.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nofather View Post


                Top of page 99, in the 'The Predator's Jaws' sidebar.

                That settles it. Thank you. You were really helpful.

                Comment


                • Hello, I have some questions on Hosts and their whereabouts, which are not much clear to me (and i think i have made a lot of mistakes on an old Chronicle).

                  In a precedent chronicle there were this big Azlu that was going to eat some werevoles that were caught in her webs in the Shadow. The PCs, which were mages, confronted the thing in the Shadow (since it was a trap the Gauntlet wasn't too much thick. Yet) and one of them finally drove a Prime infused bastard sword in the head of the Azlu as killing blow (one of the luckiest roll I've ever seen, btw)

                  The questions are:
                  - "big" meaning she was like size 7-8 and rank 3 or 4 (not sure, was a couple of year ago) and of 3/4 spider 1/4 woman aspect. Humanlike intelligence.
                  - She was dwelling in the shadow and not in a body of some unlucky dude. I read that the shards are physical, so dwelling in the Shadow doesn't work? Are the Hosts always in the physical world but have the ability to cross the gauntlet to do their things or influence the Gauntlet from the Physical world side?
                  - The Azlu was discorporated after the killing blow, not killed outright (because she still had essence, at least this was the idea at the time), so the shard should have reformed somewhere else in the Shadow and started all over again? If so, like a new being or the same one reforming slowly?
                  - Since that chronicle is going to continue with a new story arc, I wanted to bring back that "old friend", if it makes sense, and this time have her infiltrate a body and move differently. I did not understand how getting a corpse works for a Host: would a swarm of spiders physically attack un unfortunate dude or the hosts use other means?


                  Did I get anything right about how the hosts works? ^_^'

                  (Thanks in advance for reading the gibberish ^_^')

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Khalendas View Post
                    Did I get anything right about how the hosts works? ^_^'
                    Hosts don't have Ranks, nor do they engage with the state of Twilight; depending on the type, they may or may not engage with the Shadow itself as part of any meddling with the Gauntlet they do, but their Shards are material creatures and the Joining with a human body doesn't change that; they don't depend on Essence to survive the way spirits do, so discorporation relies purely on the fact that they survive as long as even one of the multiple targets it becomes escapes; a single Shard merges with a human by getting into the body in some way that varies by the type of Host but usually entails consuming part of the body in the process (Azlu and Beshilu traditionally eat the brain and the heart, respectively).

                    Separately from that, it's important to note that Twilight and the Shadow are different things; Twilight is the state spirits inhabit when they're in the material world, whereas the Shadow is the world they come from on the other side of the Gauntlet.


                    Resident Lore-Hound
                    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                      Hosts don't have Ranks, nor do they engage with the state of Twilight; depending on the type, they may or may not engage with the Shadow itself as part of any meddling with the Gauntlet they do, but their Shards are material creatures and the Joining with a human body doesn't change that; they don't depend on Essence to survive the way spirits do, so discorporation relies purely on the fact that they survive as long as even one of the multiple targets it becomes escapes; a single Shard merges with a human by getting into the body in some way that varies by the type of Host but usually entails consuming part of the body in the process (Azlu and Beshilu traditionally eat the brain and the heart, respectively).

                      Separately from that, it's important to note that Twilight and the Shadow are different things; Twilight is the state spirits inhabit when they're in the material world, whereas the Shadow is the world they come from on the other side of the Gauntlet.

                      Soooooo, I got that wronger than I thought ^_^'
                      I'll have to do a little retcon with the players, luckily for me at the time it was a short one-time side story

                      Many thanks for the enlightening answer I got some more questions, if I may:
                      - Is there something in particular that steers a host toward one body or another to inhabit?
                      - So, whatever they do to the Gauntlet they do it from this side. Can the Azlu interact with the Gauntlet in other ways that is not only strengthening it?
                      - Essence for them is only fuel for Dread Powers and maybe their evolution to a bigger, more powerful form? I guess that after having accumulated enough essence (and shards) a Host becomes bigger, stronger and more intelligent, right?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Khalendas View Post
                        Did I get anything right about how the hosts works? ^_^'
                        Yes, issues you seemed to have had were more about conflating spirits and hosts.

                        - "big" meaning she was like size 7-8 and rank 3 or 4 (not sure, was a couple of year ago) and of 3/4 spider 1/4 woman aspect. Humanlike intelligence.
                        Size is fine, Azlu don't go by spirit ranks but you might use the Horror system (which has Ranks) for them.

                        - She was dwelling in the shadow and not in a body of some unlucky dude. I read that the shards are physical, so dwelling in the Shadow doesn't work? Are the Hosts always in the physical world but have the ability to cross the gauntlet to do their things or influence the Gauntlet from the Physical world side?
                        They are physical, but they can go into the Shadow and sometimes make a name for themselves there instead of flesh-side. For the Azlu they're more likely to dwell inside the Gauntlet itself, where they can make webbed tunnels to hide in like trapdoor spiders. I don't believe it's explicitly written in the core but in first edition they had an ability called Breach the Barrier, which allowed them to cross the Gauntlet at a locus.

                        - The Azlu was discorporated after the killing blow, not killed outright (because she still had essence, at least this was the idea at the time), so the shard should have reformed somewhere else in the Shadow and started all over again? If so, like a new being or the same one reforming slowly?
                        This is one of the fun things with hosts. When you kill them they Discorporate into a bunch of individual soul shards, in the case of Azlu, you would have a swarm of spiders. Providing one gets free, they could potentially rebuild their power by eating up other shards.

                        - Since that chronicle is going to continue with a new story arc, I wanted to bring back that "old friend", if it makes sense, and this time have her infiltrate a body and move differently. I did not understand how getting a corpse works for a Host: would a swarm of spiders physically attack un unfortunate dude or the hosts use other means?
                        One soul shard would need to make contact. In first edition they crawled into a hole in your head (made by smashing, or in your ear, or up your nose) but in second edition it seems like more of a merging into flesh (though this might just be how they represent it mechanically). It's called the Joining, and gets some detail in this blog post.

                        http://theonyxpath.com/the-joining-shunned-by-the-moon/

                        While most of the post is about the Ukusgualu, the lamprey hosts, the first part 'The Joining' talks about hosts in general in a brief but informative fashion.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nofather View Post
                          I don't believe it's explicitly written in the core but in first edition they had an ability called Breach the Barrier, which allowed them to cross the Gauntlet at a locus.
                          Following up on this: It's a one-dot Aspect for the Azlu in Predators (the same book gives it to the Beshilu as an innate Aspect), which in Second Edition would translate straightforwardly enough into a Dread Power that might take cues from how spirit-Claimed accomplish Reaching.


                          Resident Lore-Hound
                          Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

                          Comment


                          • The moon is crescent or gibbous for much more of the time than it’s new, full, or half. Do auspice numbers reflect that or are Cahalith and Ithaeur Changes less likely per time to compensate?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                              The moon is crescent or gibbous for much more of the time than it’s new, full, or half. Do auspice numbers reflect that or are Cahalith and Ithaeur Changes less likely per time to compensate?
                              A lunar month is about 28 days, give or take one or two depending on the specific definition you use, and a sidereal lunar month is about 29.5. Even assuming that doesn't round off to 30, it's simple enough to conclude the intermediate phases being two clusters of three-ish days each instead of the five-ish days each that the new and full moons doesn't produce a significantly higher number of other auspices than the Rahu and Irraka.


                              Resident Lore-Hound
                              Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

                              Comment


                              • I don't think there's a schedule like one First Change doled out a week, there seems to be some agency behind it (Signs of the Moon might get into it). But nothing keeps you from having one auspice represented more. The anomalous auspices are called out as rare, having some non-anomalous auspices be more common fits.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X