No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want a big write up on conditions for stuff like missing limbs and stuff, I'd recommend picking up Hurt Locker.

Comment

• My search function is being silly, so I do apologize if this has been asked:

In 2E, with werewolf regenerative abilities being able to regrow limbs and whatnot - how do scars work?

I would expect wounds that heal slowly - like from silver or another supernatural effect to scar up, but what about regular ol' injuries?

Player Choice? ST decision? Or am I missing a rule in the books somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aynie View Post
        My search function is being silly, so I do apologize if this has been asked:

In 2E, with werewolf regenerative abilities being able to regrow limbs and whatnot - how do scars work?

I would expect wounds that heal slowly - like from silver or another supernatural effect to scar up, but what about regular ol' injuries?

Player Choice? ST decision? Or am I missing a rule in the books somewhere?
        Mostly player choice. If they want cool scars they can have them.

If the ST wants a big bad to be particularly noteworthy they can feel free to have their attacks leave scars, which should reinforce in player’s minds that this thing is a concern.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Is there an explanation for where the name "Geryo" comes? In-universe I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krat05 View Post
            Is there an explanation for where the name "Geryo" comes? In-universe I mean.
            From Shunned by the Moon, p153, 'The First adopt the classical names given them by myth and fable, shucking the hated First Tongue name that once collared them.' This gives us two big options. One, from Greek and the mythological giant Geryon. Two, as they have a history in Japan, and it may be the place where they were released way back aroudn 794 CE – 1185 CE, it's possible Geryo means something in Japanese, but I have no idea. Some google searches suggest ge could mean low, and ryo hunting, so that could fit, but I know nothing about the language least of all how accurate that is and would probably stick with the Geryon giant, as they seem to enjoy similar names, such as Orthus.
            Last edited by nofather; 06-19-2020, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• What's happen when a werewolf in Garou suffers more aggravated damages than his human health points form? Does he suddenly die when getting back to his human form?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post
                What's happen when a werewolf in Garou suffers more aggravated damages than his human health points form? Does he suddenly die when getting back to his human form?
                There's a sidebar about this in the Healing and Wounds section on p172. But short answer yes.

Comment

• Would making a custom set of personal kuruth triggers be homebrew or is that intended to be normal?

Grump, grouse, and/or gripe.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenate View Post
                    Would making a custom set of personal kuruth triggers be homebrew or is that intended to be normal?
                    Both. You're encouraged to make your own, they would be homebrew, and that's just an accepted part of the game. We even have a couple threads with them here and here, with writers and devs popping in some of their own ideas.

Comment

• Beaten Down and Surrender and gauru.
                      Let's say I want to just dominate my opponent without killing him, even if he is a pure or a forsaken dangerous enemy or another random werewolf.
                      Beaten Down can be used in gauru as rule? Or do we have to bite and slash the fuck out from us until gauru's turns end?
                      With gifts like Berserker's Might, fortified forms and others things like that I never seen an health bar becoming aggravated from lethal in a gauru vs gauru fight.
                      Plus, gauru has Rage. That's make beaten down a little bit.... not realistic.

-'' We are the unsullied.
                      We are the inheritors.
                      We are the Pure ''-

Comment

• Originally posted by Helur View Post
                        Beaten Down and Surrender and gauru.
                        Let's say I want to just dominate my opponent without killing him, even if he is a pure or a forsaken dangerous enemy or another random werewolf.
                        Beaten Down can be used in gauru as rule? Or do we have to bite and slash the fuck out from us until gauru's turns end?
                        With gifts like Berserker's Might, fortified forms and others things like that I never seen an health bar becoming aggravated from lethal in a gauru vs gauru fight.
                        Plus, gauru has Rage. That's make beaten down a little bit.... not realistic.
                        I think Beaten Down's just there so when, for example, John the Killer needs the Key from Jeff the Guard, but it doesn't make sense for Jeff to fight to the death. It's a quick way to end combat using the Intent rules (where you decide what your character wants out of combat) and have it given over. You do that amount of damage, Jeff is Beaten Down, and he gives John the Key.

Generally with Gauru what you use is Down and Dirty, which just means, one roll, and your goal is done. Your gauru wants to dominate? Down and Dirty. Success? Those people are hurt and dominated, but alive. Failure? they probably ran away.

And yeah, Beaten Down doesn't work well against werewolves, I think it says it in the section. Core, p165, 'These rules only apply to people who would incur a breaking point for committing (or attempting) “murder.” Most Uratha — along with other creatures that don’t have a problem killing people — can ignore surrender without penalty and don’t get Beaten Down.'

A way to do something similar with werewolves is through the Lay Low the Challenger Facet, fantastic one in the Dominate Gift. Hit someone, activate, target resists or is now Cowed. 'She suffers a –2 penalty on any Physical and Social rolls to oppose the character who inflicted this Condition if she does not spend Willpower.'

Comment

• So I'm making a character for a future game of Werewolf, and I am being fairly ambitious on this one and I need a little help

I plan on making a cahalith with a Lune following him around. Before his first change, he was a Wolf-Blooded who always wanted to truly he part of the Pack. Unknown to him, a Lune had taken interest in him and kinda, well forced the first change to happen.

Now, he suffers from dreams bizarre even by Cahalith standards due to the Lune. This is the part that I struggle with. I plan on modifying Prophetic dreams. The general idea is that it has even more wisdom in it that can be gleaned from it, but can also give mental conditions. I just dont know how I could balance well. I would like to present it to my storyteller in a state that would not need much tweaking if he had issue with it. Can I please get a little help here? I also wonder how I should present the Lune. As of now I'm thinking it should be a sorta frenemy/Poisonous friend, but other ideas are welcome.

Also, uh, is Secrets of the Tribes still on the table as a possible book? It would really be great as a I have always a had slight difficulty fully establishing my characters' relationships with their Tribes and how I can apply them to my individual story

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                            Now, he suffers from dreams bizarre even by Cahalith standards due to the Lune. This is the part that I struggle with. I plan on modifying Prophetic dreams. The general idea is that it has even more wisdom in it that can be gleaned from it, but can also give mental conditions. I just dont know how I could balance well. I would like to present it to my storyteller in a state that would not need much tweaking if he had issue with it. Can I please get a little help here?
                            Make him subject to the effects of the Lunatic Inspiration Facet?

Resident Lore-Hound
                            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                              Make him subject to the effects of the Lunatic Inspiration Facet?
                              Well now I feel dumb for not seeing such an obvious answer lol. Ok that should work, thank you.

Comment

• Is the relationship between Beshilu and Fire Touched a unique one? From what I've always understood, the fire touched worship the spirits, or really more the Hisil itself, but do yall see them as also sorta stewards to it? Like surely they wouldnt approve of Hosts breaking the barriers between worlds, but they also want paradise back

Comment

Working...
                                X