Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Satchel Yeah, sorry for the wall of text. I guess I'm in the right direction then, was just slightly confused about the whole thing and how it might look. Thank you for the explanation. So death spirits are a thing then and not some kind of other big overarching entity?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dante[RU
      ;n1422899]Satchel Yeah, sorry for the wall of text. I guess I'm in the right direction then, was just slightly confused about the whole thing and how it might look. Thank you for the explanation. So death spirits are a thing then and not some kind of other big overarching entity?
      Death spirits are a thing. Depending on the specimen they might be able to interact with the same band of Twilight that ghosts inhabit, but generally they're the same as any other spirit — they'll inhabit or be drawn to places and things that resonate with the concept of death.


      Resident Lore-Hound
      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

      Comment


      • Another silly question: Are there any good sources of inspiration for what a spirit might want? For example, when bargaining with a werewolf. My brain only produces boring human-like politics, like "Spirit wants to eat me, help me", but I'd like something more otherworldly.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dante[RU
          ;n1423040]Another silly question: Are there any good sources of inspiration for what a spirit might want? For example, when bargaining with a werewolf. My brain only produces boring human-like politics, like "Spirit wants to eat me, help me", but I'd like something more otherworldly.
          If you don t want to consider the give me essence/protection options, then you can opt to a more long term plan.
          Most spirit would like a werewolf to create a permanent suitable Resonant source, protect one of such source or remove/convert a rival spirit ones.
          For example a spirit of sickness could ask to kill a physician, a darkness spirit could ask to destroy all the street lamps of an alley, a spirit of sadness could ask you to change the script of a popular tv show, ecc...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dante[RU
            ;n1423040]Another silly question: Are there any good sources of inspiration for what a spirit might want? For example, when bargaining with a werewolf. My brain only produces boring human-like politics, like "Spirit wants to eat me, help me", but I'd like something more otherworldly.
            Politics is unfortunately going to be the main source of answers that aren't obvious or particularly esoteric; if a task doesn't directly benefit a spirit's feeding stock or relative importance, it'll probably have to do with someone it wants to curry favor with, someone it wants taken down a peg, someone it owes a favor, someone who owes it a favor, or something that connects to the spirit's nature (or that of someone in the other categories) through a train of thought that is either circuitous or obscure enough to require research.

            The spirit that guards the baptismal font in a local church might want a specific person's silver crucifix because it resonates with purity, because it needs that person to be slightly more vulnerable to werewolves (personally or on behalf of someone else), because it's the keystone of another powerful spirit's ban, or to invoke some roundabout clause in the laws of the Shadow that concerns purity, water, silver, churches, that person's family, crucifixes, or any number of other things.

            As with spirits and the Shadow in general, this benefits from building out the background of the things you're dealing with.


            Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

            Comment


            • Just to throw this out there, the best books to use as resources for a wide variety of spirits are probably first edition's Predators and Book of Spirits. Predators has something like 80 different spirits that fit a wide variety of common types, along with what they might look like, what they might want, how they might act, and possible bans. The Book of Spirits I think has less, but also goes into what the Shadow itself is like. While a good source of information, the Book of Spirits is written from a mortal standpoint, and so it sets the Shadow as a more dangerous and alien place where humans are prey and playthings. Werewolves are likely to have a better understanding of things (even if they find it alien at first) and not be considered as easy prey. Fortunately, mechanically, spirits don't need much work to convert across editions, most of the work being adding a bane (or turning a ban into a bane and adding a ban) and Manifestations.
              Last edited by nofather; 11-11-2020, 03:50 PM.

              Comment


              • Thank you for your answers. I'll try to keep everything in mind and check the books.

                Comment


                • A silly question again, but how does Werewolf regeneration interact with pre- and post change body modifications?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dante[RU
                    ;n1426057]A silly question again, but how does Werewolf regeneration interact with pre- and post change body modifications?
                    Pag 102 of core book states that only silver and aggravated (to werewolf) damage can do lasting scars on werewolf.
                    As for pre change, i suppose that father wolf would like his childrens to be at theirs physical peak after the first change, so i think that all previous scars and modifications could be healed as well

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dante[RU
                      ;n1426057]A silly question again, but how does Werewolf regeneration interact with pre- and post change body modifications?
                      Depends on the player. Generally, if they want the character to retain the modifications, they do.


                      Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

                        Pag 102 of core book states that only silver and aggravated (to werewolf) damage can do lasting scars on werewolf.
                        As for pre change, i suppose that father wolf would like his childrens to be at theirs physical peak after the first change, so i think that all previous scars and modifications could be healed as well
                        Yeah, that's pretty much why I asked. I'm not sure where I read that or maybe I'm misremembering something, but for some reason I thought that during your First Change your body fixes itself into the peak condition, so if you were sick/had lasting chronic injuries/etc, it's gone now(unlike what happens if you're Embraced). And I got the body-horror feel from Werewolf regeneration afterwards. It's really potent, it doesn't really care what you want and it hurts(unless you spend Essence). So what happens if you have any piercings, earrings, tooth fillings, artificial hips before the change? What happens if you want a tat or a nose ring after the change? Was just curious if there are canonical answers to that.

                        P.S. Now I'm suddenly reminded of Underworld 4 finale.

                        Bunyip That's probably the best way to do that.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dante[RU
                          ;n1426099]

                          Yeah, that's pretty much why I asked. I'm not sure where I read that or maybe I'm misremembering something, but for some reason I thought that during your First Change your body fixes itself into the peak condition, so if you were sick/had lasting chronic injuries/etc, it's gone now(unlike what happens if you're Embraced). And I got the body-horror feel from Werewolf regeneration afterwards. It's really potent, it doesn't really care what you want and it hurts(unless you spend Essence). So what happens if you have any piercings, earrings, tooth fillings, artificial hips before the change? What happens if you want a tat or a nose ring after the change? Was just curious if there are canonical answers to that.

                          P.S. Now I'm suddenly reminded of Underworld 4 finale.

                          Bunyip That's probably the best way to do that.
                          One way to apply modifications after the first change would be to pierce the flesh with silver needles, as it would leave a lasting hole for a piercing or ink drop.
                          Probably in some packs they use those methods to mark membership
                          Last edited by Neos01; 11-25-2020, 08:13 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Can the Totem's Wrath Facet only be used on a werewolf's own totem?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
                              Can the Totem's Wrath Facet only be used on a werewolf's own totem?
                              Yes.


                              Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                              Comment


                              • I was wondering...do werewolves have easy ways to increase combat dicepools? Vampires have physical intensity, potence and celerity, Mages can buff skills ad attributes and so on. It would seem strange that the most combat oriented of the splat Is the one with the smallest combat dicepools...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X