X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cainite
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Amravanti View Post
    I don't think it makes much sense to make it do aggravated damage. The fetish is balanced around operating as is. Just have it heal as though it were a single (or equivalent) point of aggravated damage, would be my suggestion.

I'd actually consider have it not healing, but that's just me, and I like weird effects that require spirit magic to undo.
    I'm kinda regretting having my players getting that particular Fetish . It might be for the best to have this particular thing be represented by a longer lasting Condition rather than damage. But weirdness happens now also because the character who has the fetish, also has the Berserker's Might gift. He was planning on going against some Pure in a session soon. What happens now if a Pure WW takes the weapon from the player and uses it against the player?

Berserker's lets you instantly heal a physical tilt.
    Now, which is stronger, a 4 point fetish or a gift?

I'm okay with permanently mutilation NPC's, not keen on doing that to a player. Guess we'll need to do some talking at the table and come up with a resolution that the players are happy with as well.

Thank all of you for the input, you gave me some possible ideas I never considered.

Comment

• Malus
      • Jul 2016

I don't think it makes much sense to make it do aggravated damage. The fetish is balanced around operating as is. Just have it heal as though it were a single (or equivalent) point of aggravated damage, would be my suggestion.
      Which... is the mechanical equivalent of striking another line over lethal to depict aggravated damage.

I'd actually consider have it not healing, but that's just me, and I like weird effects that require spirit magic to undo.

The Crimson Falx is spirit magic. It isn't doing aggravated damage to chop the leg off, it's just cutting it off clean. Besides, it's not as though 1-3 lethal damage is a negligible amount of damage (even if werewolf do heal these things quickly).
      This would make record keeping a nightmare. Are you suggesting we make some new standard of damage "spiritual damage" with completely random healing times?

Comment

• Amravanti
        • Mar 2015

Just make a condition, I don’t see why it would be a record keeping nightmare more than any other condition, especially improvised ones. Or keeping track of how long the Charmed condition lasts on an exceptional success, for example (1 night per user BP). It’s par for the course, no need to overthink it. If variable times bother you, 4 days (1 agg) can be the standard.

Cainite I’d say that the fetish supersedes Berseker’s might, just for sanity’s sake, but it’s definitely arguable. Unless it was used to prevent the Falx damage entirely.

If a PC had his leg permanently lopped off, I’d just lead them to search for a rite or a spirit that could heal it. But yeah, I see why that would be worrying on PCs and might derail the plot, as that’s a pressing issue that they’d have to deal with. Maybe not a good idea after all.

Comment

• dourden
          • Aug 2016

A quick question: in page 82 of Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd Edition, on Auspice reference, third paragraph, it says "Also note your character’s Instincts, Hunter’s Aspect, and Auspice Ability.". What it refers to with "Instincts"? It refers to the section "Individuals: faces" of each auspice?

Thanks!

Comment

• nofather
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by dourden View Post
            A quick question: in page 82 of Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd Edition, on Auspice reference, third paragraph, it says "Also note your character’s Instincts, Hunter’s Aspect, and Auspice Ability.". What it refers to with "Instincts"? It refers to the section "Individuals: faces" of each auspice?
            I believe it's an artifact of an older edition. If you download the final copy of the book, it only says 'Also note your character’s Auspice Ability and hunter’s aspect.'

Comment

• TriCitiesLodge
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by dourden View Post

Thanks!
              As nofather stated, I believe it's an artifact, but not of the original editions, but the transition drafts from 1E to 2E. It's my belief that since Tribes didn't really have a staple Prey in 1E that they were meant to target, and since Werewolves Must Hunt is the natural instinct, the Instincts in that draft would ultimately become The Prey outlined in the Tribe sections in 2e.

Comment

• dourden
                • Aug 2016

Originally posted by TriCitiesLodge View Post

As nofather stated, I believe it's an artifact, but not of the original editions, but the transition drafts from 1E to 2E. It's my belief that since Tribes didn't really have a staple Prey in 1E that they were meant to target, and since Werewolves Must Hunt is the natural instinct, the Instincts in that draft would ultimately become The Prey outlined in the Tribe sections in 2e.

Thank you for the clarification!

Comment

• Master Aquatosic
                  • Sep 2015

Is there a Tell related to eating meat? Like, eat raw meat you hunted yourself for some sort of bonus or healing?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• lnodiv
                    • Jul 2014

Is it possible for one of the Uratha to identify another as Pure or Forsaken on sight?

Comment

• nofather
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                      Is it possible for one of the Uratha to identify another as Pure or Forsaken on sight?
                      There's some Gifts that could do it.

Otherwise you would have to be in the Hisil, or have one flaring their renown. Forsaken glow silver, Pure glow red.

Comment

• Acrozatarim
                        • Dec 2013

The Blood Talon Sacred Hunt makes identifying Pure more viable, as it reveals Renown Brands on the prey - which glow fiery red to the Blood Talon's eyes if the target is Pure.

- Chris Allen, Aberrant Line Developer, Freelance Writer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• lnodiv
                          • Jul 2014

Are there any physical marking of Auspice, or are they all spiritual brands?

Comment

• nofather
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                            Are there any physical marking of Auspice, or are they all spiritual brands?
                            Not naturally. Sometimes werewolves get actual tattoos over them, so they have a more physical representation. I suppose a lune with a quirk could give you some physical evidence, like scars or paler flesh where they were.

And keep in mind when the Pure rip out your Auspice brands, they do so with fire and hate, and sometimes silver. It tends to leave great scars.

Comment

• lnodiv
                              • Jul 2014

So...this has come up a few times in this thread (raised once by myself) but I'm still not seeing meaningful consensus anywhere.

Werewolf bites a materialized spirit, and isn't strong enough to count as a bane: Does it do bashing (because spirits downgrade all lethal to bashing) or lethal (because The Predators Jaws)? Spirit/Uratha conflict is so central to this game that I find myself kind of blown away that this isn't made utterly clear in the core.
                              Last edited by lnodiv; 02-23-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Tessie
                                • May 2016

Definitely lethal. The Predators Jaws explicitly always deal lethal damage.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
                                Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...