Best Favored Form for a Rahu Blood Talon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    Just to note, this isn't a mistake either - it was an explicit design decision we took.
    What were the design considerations?

Comment

Probably avoid the chronicle coming to early terms with a fight to death between frenzied Urathas, and make the Death Rage into a concern, not a weapon.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
      #AutismPride
      She/her pronouns

Comment

Not a fan of that particular decision, doesn't make sense to me that you would just stop attacking the thing you want to kill so badly you went into a berserk rage rather than focusing on killing that thing to the exclusion of everything else.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
        Posts in this color are moderator posts
        Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
        Forum Terms of Use
        the Contact Us link.

Comment

I think Kuruth taps into some primordial part of them. The People Do Not Murder The People. Father Wolf's bane. Werewolves weren't meant to be divided by factions and killing each other. That's something time and change has made occasionally necessary, but the soul of the predator remains the same.

Anyways, I prefer urshul for it. I like the speed and strength. I recognize that gauru is mechanically better, though.

Comment

I'd consider the werewolf's last conscious thought to drive their behaviour somewhat, if appropriate. I.E. If you were fighting another werewolf and both death raged you'd consider all werewolves in kuruth friendly except that one.

Failing that, relentless assault. I figure it works in death rage for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
              Nope. All your pack mates are lured into falling into Kuruth when you do, so chances are you'll be a pack of Death Raging wolves. But the book doesn't specify that only death raging packmates are immune. So, yes, a Forsaken and Pure can both death rage together and never fight, despite being enemies.
              That's going to make some awkward morning after conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock View Post
                That's going to make some awkward morning after conversations.
                Unless you cage yourself up in your cellar before you rage, Kuruth should always lead to awkward moments after waking up. And even then, you might wake up outside your cage.

For instance, in my last game, my character was in a locked room with a person with two guns with silver bullets. When he awoke from Kuruth, he could only find one of the guns.
                Last edited by nofather; 07-31-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

So nobody but Nofather sees any merit in choosing Urshul as the form?

Comment

There's definitely merit in favoring Urshul, it's just not the optimal form for fighting other werewolves.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I favored Urshul for my Cahalith Hunter In Darkness in 1st Edition. Best form ever for straight out fighting, in my opinion. If I wanted to Murder something, then I took Primal Form... Used Garou only a couple of times, and Primal Form only a few more than that. Urshul was my go to form for combat.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

Originally posted by Tymeaus Jalynsfein View Post
                        I favored Urshul for my Cahalith Hunter In Darkness in 1st Edition. Best form ever for straight out fighting, in my opinion. If I wanted to Murder something, then I took Primal Form... Used Garou only a couple of times, and Primal Form only a few more than that. Urshul was my go to form for combat.
                        Same here, though in 1st Edition Garou was a lot less effective as a war form than it is now. Primal Fear and the Regeneration are both so amazing that it's clearly and undeniably the war form now. The matter for me though is the temporary nature of it. If I'm fighting a whole pack of Uratha (not on my own, but still) the battle is going to last more than 4 turns, and I feel like I should be more concerned with what happens after my Garou limit runs out and I still have to fight.

Comment

That's an important point to think about. One of the benefits of urshul is it can run far and fast. Theoretically you could, when an enemy rages, run away while it's distracted with something else, then come in for the kill when their rage is worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel View Post
                            I'm pretty much trying to become Death, Destroyer of worlds... basically I want to be able to beat any werewolf in a brawl.
                            That's why no one is talking about Urshul.

Back on 1st ed you could argue for Urshul. I used it and fared well even being a Strength 1 Ithaeur. And even now you surely can point out benefits on Urshul and wish to invest in it.

In the end, though, Gauru is much more deadly now. The forms have clear advantages to execute their functions, and Gauru simply does the job.

He wants to be a rounded combatant with some tricks under the sleeve? I would advise Urshul. He wants to "beat any werewolf in a brawl"? Gauru is the only sensible option.

Oh, and again, don't look at it as a 4 turns limit. Work WITH Basu-Im in mind, not against it at all costs.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                            #AutismPride
                            She/her pronouns

Comment

Fair enough. Though because of the fact that Basu Im doesn't target other werewolves in Death Rage, I feel like it's sort of a nonfactor for my purposes. Though I do like the idea of being unstoppable in death rage. Thanks for all the input, guys. I think I agree for the most part. Still a little hesitant, but the points definitely make too much sense to ignore.

Comment

Basu Im only doesn't target your own pack members in Kuruth. You can target enemy packs just fine.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Working...
                                X